1. 1. Whither Rodgers?

• RFK Jr fundraiser in Cali
    • European vacation
    • Ayahuasca trip/Darkness retreat
    • Minor surgery/injury related
    • Who cares/quiet quitting is fine now
    • Other

19 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

When lies and deception are your default — as it appears to be with Saleh — at some point it inevitably becomes difficult to keep your story straight.

I don’t think this is Saleh at all I think it’s the opposite and that’s the true root of the problem 

Saleh isn’t a bad person and stands on integrity but being a NFL HC he has to lie at times, so for a personality type like Saleh he probably is realizing he is not cut for this and sold his soul.

As a DC he didn’t have to lie about much of anything but now he has to lie every other sentence 

classic Faustian deal 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

99/100 times the HC is as good as the team. Barry Switzer won a SB and no one is putting him in the HOF as an NFL coach.

To me, Saleh winning 7 games in back to back years with the QB room he has had is more impressive. I've yet to see a game where he made a coaching decision that cost them the game (like the Sirianni and Campell did last year.) You play the hand you are dealt and Saleh has been dealt seven duece more than the worst hard luck hold'em player. Let's see him coach with even an adequate QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Here's my 2 cents.... please mods, be lenient.

This all started because nobody, media and fans alike ,  could fully understand the situation that Rodgers clearly pointed out might happen 6 month's back when he said "their might be certain things that require me to be elsewhere for some of the time, {in an OTA's reference)", but then followed that by  saying basically that  he was fully invested in this team at his post season interview .  

I believe that Rodgers is currently riding 2 dragons at the moment, one is his football greatness, which thankfully as a Jets fan I'm greatful to him for and I believe he will accomplish and we'll all eventually celibrate together here in a lifting of our 2nd Lombardi Trophy this coming February... 

The other dragon is one he's hoping to help slay, which he also fully supports it's opposition as stated in an interview that he views himself as being like a Luke Skywalker with Hans Solo's in the battle against the insurmountable odds.... To me that explains why RFK Jr posted this the night of his recent Private speech on the 13th of June  at his private event in California that was coincidentally just miles from Rodgers home, all while Rodgers was missing  ... Curiously just Luke Skywalker is missing in this clip!  Which is kind of like Rodgers is missing at the moment...

Whith that said , I admit, I could be totally  wrong on all of this, and laugh if you want, as maybe he's just smoking a dream world away somewhere remote to help his karma at the moment,  which i'm sure many here would  love that very simple solution,  however  that is not what I believe he just did, which I believe was instead totally selfless and for all of us.... any thoughts?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

If he was at the rfk fundraiser a few nights ago, why no pics? No comments or tweets?!?

Not bringing politics into the forum, but there’s not a trace of information about the fundraiser out there other than a Politico piece from yesterday detailing that their campaign is flat broke and on life support. That VP pick tanked pretty hard and they should absolutely dump her for a bigger name like Heartland Icon Aaron Rodgers.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not bringing politics into the forum, but there’s not a trace of information about the fundraiser out there other than a Politico piece from yesterday detailing that their campaign is flat broke and on life support. That VP pick tanked pretty hard and they should absolutely dump her for a bigger name like Heartland Icon Aaron Rodgers.

IMG_4421.thumb.jpeg.f701e3bc909ca883f338f1f31bb496ab.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It was listed on RFK Jr.'s website. What exactly are you looking for?

• Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It was listed on RFK Jr.'s website. What exactly are you looking for?

When candidates hold big-ticket political fundraisers, they normally blast out campaign materials saying how much was raised, how energized the campaign is, maybe a few shots of the celebs in attendance. But this one? Not a peep. Granted, it was hosted by the owner of a shady trucking and logistics company, so maybe they just want to keep it all under wraps for tax and FEC purposes. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think I’d be hopping on LinkedIn looking for a new job immediately after my boss used the words “Phase Me.”

“We’ve always called the next part — so, after this, is Phase Me,” Saleh told reporters. “You’ve got Phase 1, 2, 3, now Phase Me. And it’s the 40 days off and it’s a great opportunity for the individual player to be selfish to himself. It’s a great opportunity to create separation on the competition with the way they approach the offseason. You can go to the beach and party and drink, or you can hit the gym and hydrate. There’s different ways everyone approaches these next 40 days. And you can gain ground on your competition, you can separate from your competition, or you can lose your entire ’24 season with the way you approach these next 40. So the message is to be deliberate and to attack this thing and to put yourself in position to be great in ’24.”

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

When candidates hold big-ticket political fundraisers, they normally blast out campaign materials saying how much was raised, how energized the campaign is, maybe a few shots of the celebs in attendance. But this one? Not a peep. Granted, it was hosted by the owner of a shady trucking and logistics company, so maybe they just want to keep it all under wraps for tax and FEC purposes. 

I haven't seen a word about ANY fundraiser his campaign has held. Granted, I may not be locked into CNN, Politico, etc. like other are but I don't think it's uncommon to not see these types of announcements from 3rd party candidates.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, bicketybam said:

99/100 times the HC is as good as the team. Barry Switzer won a SB and no one is putting him in the HOF as an NFL coach.

To me, Saleh winning 7 games in back to back years with the QB room he has had is more impressive. I've yet to see a game where he made a coaching decision that cost them the game (like the Sirianni and Campell did last year.) You play the hand you are dealt and Saleh has been dealt seven duece more than the worst hard luck hold'em player. Let's see him coach with even an adequate QB.

Saleh winning any games ever with Zachenberg and trash QBs is an accomplishment yes

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I haven't seen a word about ANY fundraiser his campaign has held. Granted, I may not be locked into CNN, Politico, etc. as like other are but I don't think it's uncommon to not see these types of announcements from 3rd party candidates.

RFK Jr doesn’t need fundraisers that’s why he chose a billionaire to be his running mate

56 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I may not be locked into CNN, Politico, etc. 

I avoid that sh*t like the plague nowadays. Its ALL BS, lies, and partisan nonsense. All of it. After the local news at 6, its YT or I get back to the Commonwealth to see if another settlement needs my help... Dammit, now I'm annoyed at Preston again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Its not politics to speculate that a player may have been at a fundraiser. Its not getting derailed or shut down. Well, as long as slats doesnt notice. Hes the loose cannon of mods

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Here's my 2 cents.... please mods, be lenient.

This all started because nobody, media and fans alike ,  could fully understand the situation that Rodgers clearly pointed out might happen 6 month's back when he said "their might be certain things that require me to be elsewhere for some of the time, {in an OTA's reference)", but then followed that by  saying basically that  he was fully invested in this team at his post season interview .  

I believe that Rodgers is currently riding 2 dragons at the moment, one is his football greatness, which thankfully as a Jets fan I'm greatful to him for and I believe he will accomplish and we'll all eventually celibrate together here in a lifting of our 2nd Lombardi Trophy this coming February... 

The other dragon is one he's hoping to help slay, which he also fully supports it's opposition as stated in an interview that he views himself as being like a Luke Skywalker with Hans Solo's in the battle against the insurmountable odds.... To me that explains why RFK Jr posted this the night of his recent Private speech on the 13th of June  at his private event in California that was coincidentally just miles from Rodgers home, all while Rodgers was missing  ... Curiously just Luke Skywalker is missing in this clip!  Which is kind of like Rodgers is missing at the moment...

Whith that said , I admit, I could be totally  wrong on all of this, and laugh if you want, as maybe he's just smoking a dream world away somewhere remote to help his karma at the moment,  which i'm sure many here would  love that very simple solution,  however  that is not what I believe he just did, which I believe was instead totally selfless and for all of us.... any thoughts?

for whatever reason i read pretty much this whole post and have no idea wtf you are trying to say, lol. aaron rodgers is luke skywalker? lol

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

for whatever reason i read pretty much this whole post and have no idea wtf you are trying to say, lol. aaron rodgers is luke skywalker? lol

RFK Jr. talks like Chewbacca.

• Haha 2

On 6/15/2024 at 7:00 PM, bicketybam said:

lol only in jet land is a coach with a losing record and a gm that has an atrocious record impressive to some-salehs teams were poorly coached and the talent was poor as well-the best irony is when folks praise joe for the "talent he has put together" then go no to say Saleh has been impressive working with bad talent  lol

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/15/2024 at 7:00 PM, bicketybam said:

The Jets won 7 games because the strength of the roster.

The Browns won 11 games with Flacco, Driskel, Robinson and Walker.

As for the coaching decision, he started Tim Boyle twice.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I hope he doesn't get dehydrated.

You don't have anything to worry about.  I'm sure they have drink/food carts where Saleh will be for the next 40 days.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2024 at 6:32 PM, oatmeal said:

I don’t think this is Saleh at all I think it’s the opposite and that’s the true root of the problem 

Saleh isn’t a bad person and stands on integrity but being a NFL HC he has to lie at times, so for a personality type like Saleh he probably is realizing he is not cut for this and sold his soul.

As a DC he didn’t have to lie about much of anything but now he has to lie every other sentence 

classic Faustian deal 

Plus they hired a complete incompetent as the OC to reinforce the country club Rodgers was joining.   The Packers have gotten better by getting rid of both Hackett and Rodgers.  Not that corelation is causation?  See Rodgers MVP's while Hackett was OC as an example.

The problem with Rodgers being gone is he's not just the Jets QB.  He is the Jets OC by default.  Saleh is playing golf and Rodgers is re-enacting Jack Karawak's On the Road 1957 pursuit of freedom, connections between individuals (Not including TE and WR) and the meaning of life. 

Granted this may be an effective way of reaching gen Z.  In which case, pure genius.  TBD...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2