1. 1. Whither Rodgers?

• RFK Jr fundraiser in Cali
    • European vacation
    • Ayahuasca trip/Darkness retreat
    • Minor surgery/injury related
    • Who cares/quiet quitting is fine now
    • Other

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty awesome that the Rodgers vacation reveal is set to come out in the deadest of dead zones in the sports calendar. 

Are you as excited about this as I am? It's clearly going to be the dumbest ******* thing any of us have ever heard--like, way stupider than we can even imagine. I can't wait.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Are you as excited about this as I am? It's clearly going to be the dumbest ******* thing any of us have ever heard--like, way stupider than we can even imagine. I can't wait.

I’m hung up on the reports that it was 1. Expensive 2. Had non-negotiable travel dates and 3. Was deemed so frivolous that letting him do it unchallenged would fracture the locker room. Part of the fun with Rodgers is that it could be just a regular old rich-guy trip to Egypt or Fiji, or he could be doing a round of fundraising in the UAE for RFKPAC. We have to embrace the unknown.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He could be out building homes for the homeless and feeding the poor and you would still bitch and moan 😅

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m hung up on the reports that it was 1. Expensive 2. Had non-negotiable travel dates and 3. Was deemed so frivolous that letting him do it unchallenged would fracture the locker room. Part of the fun with Rodgers is that it could be just a regular old rich-guy trip to Egypt or Fiji, or he could be doing a round of fundraising in the UAE for RFKPAC. We have to embrace the unknown.

Have we heard whether or not he's going to tell us where he went and what he did or will it remain anonymous?  I'd guess the latter.

19 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Connor Hughes has been tweeting that he knows where Rodgers is but his sources have asked him not to reveal it for security reasons. He said he will when he returns at the end of the week.

Connor Hughes knows dick

Couldn’t this psychedelics bender have happened at any other point in the offseason that didn’t coincide with mandatory camp (which lasted like three ******* days)?

#EliminateDistractions 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Have we heard whether or not he's going to tell us where he went and what he did or will it remain anonymous?  I'd guess the latter.

he's famously loathe to share his thoughts so you're probably right

• Haha 2

On 6/19/2024 at 8:18 AM, Warfish said:

While I doubt Rodgers owns his own private Jet (he most likely charters a private Jet when needed, much cheaper if you're not using it very regularly), he very easily could afford one.  A smaller one, yes, but no question he could swing the $2-5 million buying price of a used or new small private Jet, as well as it's annual maintenance costs and hanger fees, etc.

I think the original poster (TS) conceded that AR likely has substantially more than 100 mill in the bank. And yes, with 100 mill a person CAN afford easily afford to BUY a private plane. But as you point out, it’s much cheaper to charter unless you’re using it several times per week, minimum. You gotta pay pilots, maintenance, parking on top of the fuel, landing fees, etc … easily adds up to millions (maybe 8 figures) per year. My point was, it would not be a formula for a rich person to stay rich. But mostly I was just picking on TomShane — I understand the point was not whether he owned a plane or was chartering one … I’m just splitting hairs.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah Zach Wilson got that win not Rodgers.

Tally ho!

Fun fact:  Aaron Rodgers was on the field for 3 plays that day.  I believe he was 0-1 and took a sack and Zach Wilson has multiple games with a worse QB rating than Rodgers had that day. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

I think the original poster (TS) conceded that AR likely has substantially more than 100 mill in the bank. And yes, with 100 mill a person CAN afford easily afford to BUY a private plane. But as you point out, it’s much cheaper to charter unless you’re using it several times per week, minimum. You gotta pay pilots, maintenance, parking on top of the fuel, landing fees, etc … easily adds up to millions (maybe 8 figures) per year. My point was, it would not be a formula for a rich person to stay rich. But mostly I was just picking on TomShane — I understand the point was not whether he owned a plane or was chartering one … I’m just splitting hairs.

I owned an aviation business at the busiest corporate airport in the US. Most aircraft owners would lease their aircraft to a FAR Part 135 operator (like mine) and generate revenue from the retail charter business while they weren't using the aircraft themselves. Most of the time these leases were cash positive and almost always tax advantageous. It's not as costly as you would think.

That said, I've been out of the aircraft business for over 10 years now. I was fortunate enough to sell my business and retire in my mid 40's. Before I sold, aircraft routinely appreciated in value so leasing the aircraft to a charter operation made a lot of sense. Nowadays I'm not sure if that is the case and there are plenty of fractional ownership programs that compete with the traditional charter model. All I know is based on the owners that leased their 15-20 million dollar aircraft to us, Rodgers would probably be one of the richest. He'd have no issues owning, chartering or being a fractional owner. Peanuts for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

WONT SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE BRISTLING

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is a Wendy’s 

I'm not sure what that even means but I wouldn't have hired you to be the company porter. That's a fact.

If you have any questions about corporate aviation I'd be happy to help you. What I can't do is charter you an aircraft to follow JD, Zach Wilson or Aaron Rodgers around. 

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'm not sure what that even means but I wouldn't have hired you to be the company porter. That's a fact.

If you have any questions about corporate aviation I'd be happy to help you. What I can't do is charter you an aircraft to follow JD, Zach Wilson or Aaron Rodgers around. 

I am sure you are the Mona Lisa Vito of private air travel. But this is thread about Aaron’s Rodgers whereabouts. Let’s keep it on topic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Rodgers is in the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call, The Twilight Zone.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I am sure you are the Mona Lisa Vito of private air travel. But this is thread about Aaron’s Rodgers whereabouts. Let’s keep it on topic. 

I was responding to someone's post. Actually private air travel was just a small part of my business but I know a fair bit about it. I was in corporate aviation for almost 30 years. I don't tell you how to fry a burger. 

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sniffing bags?

I wouldn't expect you to know that one of the benefits of flying corporate is there are no dog sniffing dogs. And if there were, they'd be TSA employees. Absolutely F work, Timmy. 

• Haha 1