1. PS17
  2. Doggin94It
  3. RedBeardedSavage
  4. Edgy
  5. Mr. Rogers
  6. Gastineau Lives 
  7. bgivs21
  8. Dcat 

If you accept Zelle, I'll come school you dungledoofuses.

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

We’re all in! 12/12 payments received. Thanks guys. Once @ElBarrioJets claims his team on ESPN we are set. 

Final lineup:

1. @PS17

2. @RedBeardedSavage

3. @Doggin94it

4. @Edgy

5. @Mr. Rogers

6. @Gastineau Lives

7. @bgivs21

8. @Dcat

9. @JiFtheOracle

10. @ElBarrioJets

11. @Pac

12. @Jet_Engine1

Recap of everything:

Draft this Sunday 8/25 @7PM

1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLX/DST/K

Scoring: .5 PPR, 5 point passing TDs, pretty standard otherwise. It’s all on the ESPN league page. I decided to not do the bonuses.

Payout structure:

1st $400

2nd $150

Regular season scoring champ (regardless of record) $50

And finally, at Dcat’s request, I used a draft order randomizer. Here are your draft positions:

IMG_4062.jpeg

Interesting twist with the 5 pt passing TD

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, PS17 said:

We’re all in! 12/12 payments received. Thanks guys. Once @ElBarrioJets claims his team on ESPN we are set. 

Final lineup:

1. @PS17

2. @RedBeardedSavage

3. @Doggin94it

4. @Edgy

5. @Mr. Rogers

6. @Gastineau Lives

7. @bgivs21

8. @Dcat

9. @JiFtheOracle

10. @ElBarrioJets

11. @Pac

12. @Jet_Engine1

Recap of everything:

Draft this Sunday 8/25 @7PM

1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLX/DST/K   6 bench/1 IR

Scoring: .5 PPR, 5 point passing TDs, pretty standard otherwise. It’s all on the ESPN league page. I decided to not do the bonuses.

Top six make the playoffs, top two seeds get first round bye. 

Payout structure:

1st $400

2nd $150

Regular season scoring champ (regardless of record) $50

And finally, at Dcat’s request, I used a draft order randomizer. Here are your draft positions:

IMG_4062.jpeg

Taking offers for the 1st pick, btw

• Haha 1

trade won't process until tomorrow.  Can you force it by adjusting specific picks or by removing any wait period?  Otherwise it's a no-go per ESPN.

Receive 4th Round 6th Selection Draft Pick (42nd Overall) from 
PS17
Receive 2nd Round 6th Selection Draft Pick (18th Overall) from 
PS17
Receive 1st Round 7th Selection Draft Pick (7th Overall) from 
PS17
Send 4th Round 10th Selection Draft Pick (46th Overall) to 
PS17
Send 2nd Round 10th Selection Draft Pick (22nd Overall) to 
PS17
Send 1st Round 3rd Selection Draft Pick (3rd Overall) to 
PS17
Proposed by 
PS17
 (Matt B), Aug 25, 02:59 PMTrade will process at approximately Aug 26, 03:31 PM
ACCEPTED

How y'all feeling about your teams post draft?

I felt like a bunch of my sleepers or players I was targeting - McLaurin, Shakir, Rice, etc went ahead of where I was hoping to take them. Y'all are sharp! Or else we're all fools ...

Not totally in love with my team but not disgusted either. If anyone is shopping WR3/4 players, though, let me know.

1 hour ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I felt like a bunch of my sleepers or players I was targeting - McLaurin, Shakir, Rice, etc went ahead of where I was hoping to take them. Y'all are sharp! Or else we're all fools ...

Not totally in love with my team but not disgusted either. If anyone is shopping WR3/4 players, though, let me know.

Loved my start. Great values on Mahomes, Rice, Bowers. Need a RB2 to step up after Bijan. Didn’t love how the board fell after I picked Jaylen Warren. We’ll see.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I'm generally happy. Had a couple of guys go right before I was going to take them and I don't love London as my WR1, but I've got good depth at WR and RB

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I'm alright with it, but I only play in one other league - a family one - that's a SuperFlex with no kicker and one less Flex spot than this one - so this was different for sure.

But it's fun to try new ways of playing.

Got my other draft Tuesday night, also have the 5th pick, but with SuperFlex and 6pt passing TD's, it's different. 

Thinking I'd like Breece @ 5 then and try to get J Love/Goff @ the 2/3 turn. About 7-8 QB's go in the first 15 picks, then one or two go each round until you get to the Darnold/Nix/Dimes part of the draft. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'm alright with it, but I only play in one other league - a family one - that's a SuperFlex with no kicker and one less Flex spot than this one - so this was different for sure.

Got my other draft Tuesday night, also have the 5th pick, but with SuperFlex and 6pt passing TD's, it's different. 

Thinking I'd like Breece @ 5 then and try to get J Love/Goff @ the 2/3 turn. About 7-8 QB's go in the first 15 picks, then one or two go each round until you get to the Darnold/Nix/Dimes part of the draft. 

If I were drafting at 5 in Superflex I’d go QB. One of Allen, Mahomes, Lamar, Hurts (or A Rich as a last resort?)

Love is a great target in round 2 but not sure he’ll last. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, PS17 said:

If I were drafting at 5 in Superflex I’d go QB. One of Allen, Mahomes, Lamar, Hurts (or A Rich as a last resort?)

Love is a great target in round 2 but not sure he’ll last. 

I like Mahomes and Hurts. Had Hurts two years in a row in that league, made the playoffs both times and went to the 'ship last year.

Lamar... I'm shady on the Ravens this year. 3/5 of the o-line is gone and I'm not big on their passing weapons outside of Andrews.

Allen... curious to see how the offense goes. Diggs and Davis gone, maybe they run more and he runs less? Even if Diggs wasn't effective down the stretch last year, and even if Davis was nothing more than a one-trick-pony, defenses had to respect Diggs' history/ability and Davis' speed. Not confident in how that shakes out.

Now that Chase returned to practice today for the Bengals, part of me wants to take Slim Shiesty @ 5, but I feel like if Breece is there, I'd rather roll the dice with Love/Goff/Tua type quarterbacks @ the 2-3 turn - our league usually sees about 7/8 QB's in round 1, then most grab positionals round 2. I think you're right about Love, though, I'm quite high on him (and that offense) and I'm nervous he won't be there for me, but Breece... I don't think I can pass that up for guys like Burrow/Kyler/A Rich.

We'll see, I appreciate the insight tho. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Same - this format was kinda unique with the extra flex and 5pt TD. It was nice for a change of pace, although it mostly didn't change my strategy. Had a lot of debate about jumping on TE and QB earlyish and I'm somewhat regretting it now - my wr depth is definitely lacking. 

Superflex is always interesting! I'd probably be looking QB round 1 too since a top QB can be such a difference maker compared to low end QB2s points wise. Especially with 6pt pass TDS. Is it full PPR? If not I'd be reluctant not to take a QB first... Although I'm firmly of the belief that at least one top RB is worth it too.

Edit: Allen will run if he can't throw. I don't think it's possible to fade him, in your league he might be my 1.01. 

Lamar I understand caution on, as he's not much of a passer and he could always get hurt again. 6pt pass td levels things out a lot with him. I might be taking Stroud, Dak and maybe even Love first...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Same - this format was kinda unique with the extra flex and 5pt TD. It was nice for a change of pace, although it mostly didn't change my strategy. Had a lot of debate about jumping on TE and QB earlyish and I'm somewhat regretting it now - my wr depth is definitely lacking. 

Superflex is always interesting! I'd probably be looking QB round 1 too since a top QB can be such a difference maker compared to low end QB2s points wise. Especially with 6pt pass TDS. Is it full PPR? If not I'd be reluctant not to take a QB first... Although I'm firmly of the belief that at least one top RB is worth it too.

Edit: Allen will run if he can't throw. I don't think it's possible to fade him, in your league he might be my 1.01. 

Lamar I understand caution on, as he's not much of a passer and he could always get hurt again. 6pt pass td levels things out a lot with him. I might be taking Stroud, Dak and maybe even Love first...

Good points. And SuperFlex is dope, but it's always fun to try different leagues.

I hear ya on Allen, but I hope he's gone before my pick. It's 1/2 pt PPR, and the big time QB's are definitely super valuable, but there's also a massive cluster from say QB 5-12 - and I think the trick is to get two of these guys, not try to guess the top scorer, but I could be wrong.

Here's what it looked like last year - total pts scored the second to last # on the right.

image.thumb.png.6d3efe555e081d870a093258ac8d04c4.png

It's tricky, because Dak far outscored Mahomes last year and ended QB3, Burrow and Kyler were both injured, A Rich got injured, Rodgers went down, Love was QB5 outta nowhere. 

I had Hurts and Kirk, and then when Kirk went down, traded for Stafford. Picked Hurts 2nd or 3rd overall, and Kirk in round 4.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Good points. And SuperFlex is dope, but it's always fun to try different leagues.

I hear ya on Allen, but I hope he's gone before my pick. It's 1/2 pt PPR, and the big time QB's are definitely super valuable, but there's also a massive cluster from say QB 5-12 - and I think the trick is to get two of these guys, not try to guess the top scorer, but I could be wrong.

Here's what it looked like last year - total pts scored the second to last # on the right.

It's tricky, because Dak far outscored Mahomes last year and ended QB3, Burrow and Kyler were both injured, A Rich got injured, Rodgers went down, Love was QB5 outta nowhere. 

I had Hurts and Kirk, and then when Kirk went down, traded for Stafford. Picked Hurts 2nd or 3rd overall, and Kirk in round 4.

Last year I think Dak and Mahomes both had outlier years. Dak at his absolute ceiling, Mahomes at his absolute floor. I’d be shocked if Allen fell to 5 so I don’t think you’ll have to make that decision. But I’d smash my draft button so hard if he were on the board. Since 2020 he’s finished as QB1 or 2 every year and I don’t see that changing even with Diggs and Davis gone. His rushing upside is enormous and I trust him to elevate their young weapons. I also think Kyler is a smash outside the top 5. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Last year I think Dak and Mahomes both had outlier years. Dak at his absolute ceiling, Mahomes at his absolute floor. I’d be shocked if Allen fell to 5 so I don’t think you’ll have to make that decision. But I’d smash my draft button so hard if he were on the board. Since 2020 he’s finished as QB1 or 2 every year and I don’t see that changing even with Diggs and Davis gone. His rushing upside is enormous and I trust him to elevate their young weapons. I also think Kyler is a smash outside the top 5. 

Definitely agree re; Dak and Mahomes and the outlier season.

Especially considering this year, Mahomes has more weapons and Dak lost Tyron and CeeDee is still holding out. 

I can't deny Allen's ability or production, but to lose both your first and second receiving option, and to count on Dalton Kincaid and James Cook? Well... I'm excited for us to play them this year. But I agree, he'll likely be gone by pick 5. 

Agree on Kyler. 

Appreciate the advice, though. And anyone else that has any. Opine freely, that draft is Tuesday and I've made 4 championships in ten years and never won. So I badly want that 'ship.

12 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

That's pretty fair. I usually like to wait for the QB6-10 range myself in standard leagues, as they don't always differentiate themselves a lot. It feels like the dropoff around qb12 is kinda severe to me though, unless you're willing to gamble on Daniels or Caleb Williams...

Let us know how it goes! My only superflex is a dynasty league so I don't worry much about QBs from year to year there. Feels weird to imagine drafting one round 1 again.

• Upvote 1

Question: Why are we allowing 0 dollar bids? Shouldn't a minimum bid be $1? After waivers are done, don't the remaining players become free agents anyway?  If a GM doesn't want to make a real bid, then he should wait for free agency like everyone else. Having a minimum keeps the bidding simple and removes a ton of wasted time in making bunches of zero bids just because you can or just because a few others submit dozens. IMO, 0dollar bids ruins the entire concept of bidding.  In fact, the meaning of bid is to make an offer.  Unless you are Michael Corleone, "nothing" is not an offer.   You can change the budget to $200 if anyone worried about having a small starting budget.  What night do we submit weekly waiver bids?  Tues or Wed?

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Question: Why are we allowing 0 dollar bids? Shouldn't a minimum bid be $1? After waivers are done, don't the remaining players become free agents anyway?  If a GM doesn't want to make a real bid, then he should wait for free agency like everyone else. Having a minimum keeps the bidding simple and removes a ton of wasted time in making bunches of zero bids just because you can or just because a few others submit dozens. IMO, 0dollar bids ruins the entire concept of bidding.  In fact, the meaning of bid is to make an offer.  Unless you are Michael Corleone, "nothing" is not an offer.   You can change the budget to $200 if anyone worried about having a small starting budget.  What night do we submit weekly waiver bids?  Tues or Wed?

Fair points. Not a lot of experience with bidding here - only done it in one league and the minimum was 0, so I changed it to that as a default. I'll switch back to $1 minimum. 

Waiver period is "two days" which means Wednesday I think. After which free agency opens for non-waivered players.

27 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Fair points. Not a lot of experience with bidding here - only done it in one league and the minimum was 0, so I changed it to that as a default. I'll switch back to $1 minimum. 

Waiver period is "two days" which means Wednesday I think. After which free agency opens for non-waivered players.

I'm asking about the weekly waiver night.  I assume players lock when their team kicks off.  THen on either TUesday or Wednesday night you put in weekly waivers.  Yahoo is Tuesday night before midnight. RTS money leagues are all Wednesday before midnight.  No clue what ESPN is.