Great terrible take on the Jets

This guy is ridiculous Dan O. We literally got a top ten QB of all time for a second rounder. Seems especially good considering recent contracts like watson, Wilson and now the guys like love making crazy money.

Not sure why this came up today on my Instagram but it did and now you can all share my annoyance with them

Screenshot_20240730-193113~2.png

• WTF? 1

I mean, as of right now, it is a horrible trade. Giving up assets for a guy that immediately goes out for the season is a pretty boys failure.

Hopefully he redeems it this year, but as of right now we got zero value from the trade. It’s okay to admit that facts are facts, even if you had hoped for a different outcome.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This guy is ridiculous Dan O. We literally got a top ten QB of all time for a second rounder. Seems especially good considering recent contracts like watson, Wilson and now the guys like love making crazy money.

Not sure why this came up today on my Instagram but it did and now you can all share my annoyance with them

Screenshot_20240730-193113~2.png

I mean it's not one of the worst, in the sense of people have traded more and gotten little impact (i.e. Jamal Adams) but it was pretty bad.

In the sense that they traded a haul for a player no one else wanted and the team had to get rid of, who said he would only play for us. - Yet, the Jet chose to trade a haul of picks, take on a big salary - for what seemingly seems like PR so they can show him off during the summer.

As for what they've gotten out of him as a player - so far it's been a terrible trade.  We'll see what he brings this season, but so far it's not looking good.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, as of right now, it is a horrible trade. Giving up assets for a guy that immediately goes out for the season is a pretty boys failure.

Dude getting injured does not make it a horrible trade. Now, if Aaron had stayed healthy and sucked beyond belief and ended up being a healthy-scratch for Zack Wilson, then THAT would be a horrible trade. (Bad Trade? see: Broncos trading three 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, a 5th round pick, and 3 good players for Russell Wilson 🤣)

The jury is still out. The final score can be anywhere from ho-hum to brilliant, all depending on how this season plays out.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2

Hot takes drive ratings, increase eyes and ears on the product that Espn is putting out there.  Listen to ESPN radio lately? Same thing, it’s all hot takes and trying to be controversial.  

I really miss the days of Nfl Primetine with Berman and Jackson , Nfl Gameday/Countdown with real analysts like Mort and Jaws, NFL Matchup, and weekdays when they just ran Sportscenter on repeat for 6 hours. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Hot takes drive ratings, increase eyes and ears on the product that Espn is putting out there.  Listen to ESPN radio lately? Same thing, it’s all hot takes and trying to be controversial.  

I really miss the days of Nfl Primetine with Berman and Jackson , Nfl Gameday/Countdown with real analysts like Mort and Jaws, NFL Matchup, and weekdays when they just ran Sportscenter on repeat for 6 hours. 

You can be intelligent and get ratings.  Francesa, I didn’t always agree with him and he was often pompous, but he at least did research and was thoughtful and he got monster ratings for 30 years

• Upvote 1

All time bad trades are when you give a ton of picks for a Herschel Walker, a Russ Wilson, J Adams type deal.  A 4 time MVP for a 2nd round pick, a deal no one would have turned down doesn’t become a bad deal because of an injury.  Injuries happen but you can’t predict an Achilles.  You could predict Adams wasn’t going to turn your D araound. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

41 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Dude getting injured does not make it a horrible trade. Now, if Aaron had stayed healthy and sucked beyond belief and ended up being a healthy-scratch for Zack Wilson, then THAT would be a horrible trade. (Bad Trade? see: Broncos trading three 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, a 5th round pick, and 3 good players for Russell Wilson 🤣)

The jury is still out. The final score can be anywhere from ho-hum to brilliant, all depending on how this season plays out.

Do you think that investors rationalize their losses with hypothetical outcomes that would have been great, if only everything had gone differently?

No.

We were buyers. We got no return on investment. It was a bad transaction. Now, we’re holding the stock hoping for a rebound.

There is no jury. As of now, the trade was horrible. Hopefully that changes.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

Yea what everyone else has said.  So far we have received zero completed passes for the trade so I have no clue why you are upset with his take.  He's not wrong at least not yet anyway. 

Let’s say the worst case scenario happens and Rodgers goes down early in the season. Or maybe we have a completely washed up qb back there that can’t play. we gave up a second rounder and got absolutely nothing out of it. That’s a bad trade, but one of the worst all time? There wasn’t enough given up to even put it in that territory. This isn’t anywhere near as bad as what the Seahawks did in the Jamal Adams trade. Herschel Walker trade? They aren’t even in the same ballpark. The 3 2nds for Darnold was worse. It’s not like we passed up any big-time quarterback prospects because of Rogers yet either.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Let’s say the worst case scenario happens and Rodgers goes down early in the season. Or maybe we have a completely washed up qb back there that can’t play. we gave up a second rounder and got absolutely nothing out of it. That’s a bad trade, but one of the worst all time? There wasn’t enough given up to even put it in that territory. This isn’t anywhere near as bad as what the Seahawks did in the Jamal Adams trade. Herschel Walker trade? They aren’t even in the same ballpark. The 3 2nds for Darnold was worse. It’s not like we passed up any big-time quarterback prospects because of Rogers yet either.

If Rodgers never completes a pass for the Jets I disagree.  Lets hope that isn't the case. 

10 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

So far the trade has been awful. I'm not sure what's to argue about.

It feels worse than it is because Lazzard and Hackett wouldn't be here without the trade. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

You forgot the Russell Wilson trade. That was putrid. The Niners trade up for Lance was also epically bad. Just because they lucked into Purdy doesn't negate the fact that trading 3 first round picks for a QB they got absolutely zero from makes the Rodgers trade look genius level.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It feels worse than it is because Lazzard and Hackett wouldn't be here without the trade. 

I think they would have went for Lazard anyway. The FA receiver market was pretty weak that year.

• Upvote 1

The outcome of the trade hasn’t been determined yet, so judging the trade at this juncture is pretty meaningless.

it would be analogous to failing a student on an exam that he walked in to take half an hour late. He’s off to a really bad start, but he can still complete the test with the remaining time and get an A, depending on how well he performs. 

the big thing the injury may have done is cut into our window with Rodgers. We were anticipating 2 years with him, now it feels a lot more likely we only get one (despite what he said about still wanting to play 2 more years). Hence, this year feels a lot like SB or bust - which means it will probably be a bust. 

• Upvote 2

Correction it was two second round picks.  Other than that totally agree.  This isn't in the top 50 of bad trades even if he doesn't pay another snap.  Just recently three first rounders for Trey Lance.  Three first rounders for DeShawn Watson and a massive contract to boot.  And the Russell Wilson trade decimated the Broncos in picks and cap hit.  Click bait is right.   And it works because here we are talking about it 🤣

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

We were buyers. We got no return on investment. It was a bad transaction. Now, we’re holding the stock hoping for a rebound.

Just the fact there's a chance of the stock rebounding and making us millions makes the trade not terrible. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

Yea what everyone else has said.  So far we have received zero completed passes for the trade so I have no clue why you are upset with his take.  He's not wrong at least not yet anyway. 

I don't think you can blame players for injuries, that is my basis for thinking that this take along with any that uses it as an marker to evaluate a trade. 

I do think he is wrong, a second rounder for A Rod i would take 10 out of 10 times. 

It was a great trade for us, I am also disappointed that our stadium claimed his Achilles but that doesn't change the fact we got great value.

It is def a terrible take to think the trade sucked. 

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I mean it's not one of the worst, in the sense of people have traded more and gotten little impact (i.e. Jamal Adams) but it was pretty bad.

In the sense that they traded a haul for a player no one else wanted and the team had to get rid of, who said he would only play for us. - Yet, the Jet chose to trade a haul of picks, take on a big salary - for what seemingly seems like PR so they can show him off during the summer.

As for what they've gotten out of him as a player - so far it's been a terrible trade.  We'll see what he brings this season, but so far it's not looking good.

I'm curious, and I do not share your opinion obviously, but I wonder if A ROD plays great this year, would you then evaluate the trade as good? say we go deep in playoff or make a Superbowl appearance? 

Say Wilson takes that next step and dominate at the WR and say catches like 15 TD's or get 2000 yards. Something that makes you think he leveled up, only due to A Rod throwing the ball to him? 

Everything you think that makes the trade bad still exists...but something like that happens this year, would you change your mind? or update your opinion?

If that future is a possibility wouldn't it make sense to acknowledge the trade is good right now?

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The outcome of the trade hasn’t been determined yet, so judging the trade at this juncture is pretty meaningless.

it would be analogous to failing a student on an exam that he walked in to take half an hour late. He’s off to a really bad start, but he can still complete the test with the remaining time and get an A, depending on how well he performs. 

the big thing the injury may have done is cut into our window with Rodgers. We were anticipating 2 years with him, now it feels a lot more likely we only get one (despite what he said about still wanting to play 2 more years). Hence, this year feels a lot like SB or bust - which means it will probably be a bust. 

Totally agree. If Rodgers were 35 this isn't even a discussion. Yeah it still would have sucked that we lost a season with him but we would have had a bunch more with him after that. The fact that he came here with a short expiration date makes losing a year a tough pill to swallow. 

When I evaluate the trade I have to look at what other options were available at the time. Rolling with another year of Wilson

Totally agree. If Rodgers were 35 this isn't even a discussion. Yeah it sucks that we lost a season but we would have had a bunch more with him. The fact that he came here with a short expiration date makes losing a year a tough pull to swallow. 

In my opinion, when I evaluate the trade I have to look at what other options were available. Rolling with another year of Zach Wilson was not a viable option. We also weren't in a position to draft one of the top prospects either. So that left us with Jimmy G or Carr. 

Jimmy G is so injury prone that he makes Rodgers look like Lou Gehrig. He also got busted for performance enhancing drugs and suspended to start the season.

Carr is an interesting study. He wouldn't have cost any draft compensation and he's younger. Personally I think the guy is a loser and didn't want to sign him but I can definitely see the case where he could have been the better option. Carr put up decent numbers in NO last year but I question if he would have put the same ones up behind the OL the Jets had last year as well as their lack of depth at receiver.

Anyway, the Jets needed to do something last year. I don't think we will be able to truly evaluate the trade for Rodgers until after this year. The jury is still out but time is also running out.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FootballLove said:

I think i agree most with this, even if rodger puts up wilson numbers or anyting below top 20, I think we also say it was bad.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

All time bad trades are when you give a ton of picks for a Herschel Walker, a Russ Wilson, J Adams type deal.  A 4 time MVP for a 2nd round pick, a deal no one would have turned down doesn’t become a bad deal because of an injury.  Injuries happen but you can’t predict an Achilles.  You could predict Adams wasn’t going to turn your D araound. 

well said

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think i agree most with this, even if rodger puts up wilson numbers or anyting below top 20, I think we also say it was bad.

Wait....which Wilson are we taking about? 😳

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Do you think that investors rationalize their losses with hypothetical outcomes that would have been great, if only everything had gone differently?

No.

I think the better wording is that we haven't gotten any return on the investment yet. 

The bolded is worded as if Rodgers has retired already. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I don't think you can blame players for injuries, that is my basis for thinking that this take along with any that uses it as an marker to evaluate a trade. 

I do think he is wrong, a second rounder for A Rod i would take 10 out of 10 times. 

It was a great trade for us, I am also disappointed that our stadium claimed his Achilles but that doesn't change the fact we got great value.

It is def a terrible take to think the trade sucked. 

It isnt blaming the player. People get injured. It happens. But if you don’t get any production then you didn’t get any value. Can that change this year?  Let’s hope. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Just the fact there's a chance of the stock rebounding and making us millions makes the trade not terrible. 

To date, the trade is terrible. Hypothetical outcomes don’t change that. You just made the same argument, but with less words.

38 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think the better wording is that we haven't gotten any return not the investment yet. 

The bolded is worded as if Rodgers has retired already. 

As of now, he has not played a regular season snap. I worded my post based on the present. 

much as rodgers is a gamble the trades have all been completed and the money he's getting is way less than what we're seeing unproven guys like jordon love is getting or guys who haven't really won anything like watson or prescott.  we'll see what happens soon enough.  rodgers could play two more seasons or even possibly flame out like namath did when he was traded to the rams.