July 31st camp tweets

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who do you see playing ahead of him?

Are you projecting a Wilson/Williams/Lazard 3-WR starting group?  That's possible, sure.

Please tell me you're not projecting the JAG UDFA guys, Gipson and/or Brownlee ahead of Corley, are you?  That seems dubious to me.

If they were interested in getting Lazard reps in the slot, now would be the time while Gipson is sidelined. Instead they’re keeping him outside, which would seem to be the fast track to the WR4 position. 

Gipson seemed to be making a case for himself before he got hurt, but I believe the Jets brought in Corley with plans to feature him as a rookie. I’ve said it before, but between drafting Corley and signing small, speedy return men like Cohen and Codrington, it seemed to me that the Jets were looking to replace Gipson on the roster entirely. After his opening day, overtime punt return TD, it’s not like he offered up a lot - and he also fumbled five times last year on limited touches. 

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Love reading this about Chuck Clark.  He was my favorite offseason signing last year and it was shame he got IR'd in camp.  Hope he continues to build momentum.  And great to see Corley taking advantage of Gipson, Lazard, and Williams not practicing.  Great time to force them to make decisions. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So glad to hear Corely is going to play this year!

Fully expected him to.

The very 1st pick of the 3rd round (and a guy we traded up to get) no reason he shouldn't see the field this year.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, slats said:

If they were interested in getting Lazard reps in the slot, now would be the time while Gipson is sidelined. Instead they’re keeping him outside, which would seem to be the fast track to the WR4 position. 

Gipson seemed to be making a case for himself before he got hurt, but I believe the Jets brought in Corley with plans to feature him as a rookie. I’ve said it before, but between drafting Corley and signing small, speedy return men like Cohen and Codrington, it seemed to me that the Jets were looking to replace Gipson on the roster entirely. After his opening day, overtime punt return TD, it’s not like he offered up a lot - and he also fumbled five times last year on limited touches. 

My take: I think Lazard is clearly Mike Williams' backup but since MW's status for week 1 still isn't set, Lazard needs to be ready to play there.  We have enough slot options (maybe more than enough) that we don't need Lazard trying to work in there as well.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, slats said:

Lazard didnt play today either.  If they wanted to dump Gipson, they would have dumped Gipson.  Corley getting the ball today was probably more a factor of Williams, Lazard and Gipson not being available but it's great he seemed to make the most of it.  What's more encouraging about the Corley reports is that it sounds like they're being intentional about working in stuff he did college.  Screens, Jet sweeps, end arounds, etc. while he's developing and learning how to run the route tree.  I'm sure they've got some situational packages in mind but doubt he's "featured' in any capacity w/ that much veteran experience in front of him which includes Aaron Rodgers favorite teammate who, as someone mentioned would happen, is bringing a different level of focus to this camp.

Quite frankly, the more you see what's going on in camp, I think this is going to be the G.Wilson and B.Hall show, where they probably get close to 75% of the Rodgers attention and everyone else get the scraps, overrated Conklin gets the check downs and the occasional big game will be shared between Lazard and Williams.  So I dont see anyone being "featured" at all this season other than those two stud muffins.

4 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Lazard didnt play today either.  If they wanted to dump Gipson, they would have dumped Gipson.  Corley getting the ball today was probably more a factor of Williams, Lazard and Gipson not being available but it's great he seemed to make the most of it.  What's more encouraging about the Corley reports is that it sounds like they're being intentional about working in stuff he did college.  Screens, Jet sweeps, end arounds, etc. while he's developing and learning how to run the route tree.  I'm sure they've got some situational packages in mind but doubt he's "featured' in any capacity w/ that much veteran experience in front of him which includes Aaron Rodgers favorite teammate who, as someone mentioned would happen, is bringing a different level of focus to this camp.

Quite frankly, the more you see what's going on in camp, I think this is going to be the G.Wilson and B.Hall show, where they probably get close to 75% of the Rodgers attention and everyone else get the scraps, overrated Conklin gets the check downs and the occasional big game will be shared between Lazard and Williams.  So I dont see anyone being "featured" at all this season other than those two stud muffins.

a far cry from the days of "He needs to learn every WR position before he gets on the field"

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

If Williams is healthy he is a game changer and will benefit from opposing defenses trying to stop Garrett.   It will be a case of pick your poison.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

If they wanted to dump Gipson, they would have dumped Gipson.

No reason to dump a player who had a role last season while the roster is set at 90 players. That happens when they cut it back down to 53. 

20 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I think this is going to be the G.Wilson and B.Hall show, where they probably get close to 75% of the Rodgers attention and everyone else get the scraps, overrated Conklin gets the check downs and the occasional big game will be shared between Lazard and Williams.  So I dont see anyone being "featured" at all this season other than those two stud muffins.

I agree with Wilson and Hall driving the offense. Wilson will be the WR1 by far, and Hall will probably be second on the team in receptions while leading them in yards from scrimmage. Lazard is likely to be behind both Conklin and Corley in production when all is said and done. Corley and Conklin will be starters, Lazard won’t. By “featured,” I simply meant that they will scheme to put the ball in Corley’s hands as a rookie, letting the YAC King do his thing, not that they’re going to run the offense thru him or anything like that. 

• Upvote 3

Rodgers had a great day. Tippman's snaps improved. Corley had a great day. Our OC is getting creative with Corley and the offense in general within the first full week of camp. MCII doesn't appear serious. 

Today Was A Good Day GIF

• Upvote 3