***OFFICIAL JETS VS COMMIES GAME-DAY THREAD****

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who’s got the greater chance of being hurt: two 27 year old physical mutants with supernatural healing powers or a 41 year-old hophead who spends all of his rehab time surfing .net extension dark-web sites? 

That's what you call a terrible effort and we've seen to much of this out of Tommy lately. Please remove him from any captaincy consideration.

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

That's not how it read. I'll use it properly for you:

Y'all better pray Stridham breaks a leg otherwise Zach Wilson will be watching NFL games from his home in Utah.

I used y'all because I am not included in that sentiment. I don't give a flying f*ck what happens to that turd.

He gets cut by Denver and gets picked up by the giants

that would be fun

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the 2024 NY Jets are putting all their eggs into the Aaron Rodgers basket, then they are fools. Dude has no chance of staying healthy this year. The Achilles is a two year injury, and that dummy rushed back besides in an attempt to keep himself in the news. 

You taking bets on the Rodgers 10 game over/under?

And didn't RB Cam Akers play the same season that he tore his Achilles ?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who’s got the greater chance of being hurt: two 27 year old physical mutants with supernatural healing powers or a 41 year-old hophead who spends all of his rehab time surfing .net extension dark-web sites? 

The 41 year old will be relaxed out there….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Right, but if the entire team is resting on the shoulders of Rodgers-to-Wilson, that’s not a good plan, and that’s what I’m looking to see in the preseason. Is there a baseline plan for a non-Rodgers/ non-Wilson Jets offense? 

Rogers has always fallen in love with one receiver. Not sure anything changes that. 

9 minutes ago, Trotter said:

He gets cut by Denver and gets picked up by the giants

that would be fun

Tommy Cutlets is laughing at you right now, trots. You know that, right?

The kid showed he’s good enough to be the QB2 Thursday. It’s a shame he’s gonna be slotted behind a guy who has $5 mil guaranteed this year though.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If Rodgers goes down for any reason and the ball lands in Nate Hackett’s lap, what does it look like? Today, it was a cluster****. Yes, it’s preseason, Game One, but it looked like a rec league game where everyone first met each other in the parking lot.

We saw it last year, not sure why anyone disagrees with this. I can see Tyrod filling in here age there but if Rodgers blows up or nosedives we in trouble. Again! 

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Tommy Cutlets is laughing at you right now. You know that, right?

The kid showed he’s good enough to be the QB2 Thursday. It’s a shame he’s gonna be slotted behind a guy who has $5 mil guaranteed this year though.

You have me all wrong

i like cutlets you know that

zach getting picked up by the giants would be great for local radio

cutlets has nothing to worry about - Zach would be released after the last pre season game

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Willie Nelson is 91 and still on tour so you better back off the hopheads.

40 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Akers was almost 20 years younger when he did that and he had another Achilles tear soon after

Not sure what your point is.   That Rodgers will tear his other achilles this year?

My point is that a player at a position that requires explosion and constant contact came back the same season and played decently.   So Rodgers should be fine coming back 9 months later from his.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Our starting WRs today were Corley (WR 4/5), Brownlee (WR 5/6)????, ???? and all of the starting OL was out, minus Tippmann.

What were you expecting to see in week 1 of pre-season that would have quelled these concerns?  I’ll be right there with you if the starting offense looks like sh*t to start the year, but today was mostly a rookie showcase and I thought the big names we’ve heard throughout camp played great, with a few surprises (Smith & Leonard Taylor III.)

Agree completely.  That being said McCutcheon should be the first person packing his bags.  

• Upvote 2