Jets vs Sam Darnold in Week 5 (JJ McCarthy out)

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

C'Mon man ..you’re a Jets fan ... you know exactly how it will end if Zach plays.

That would probably be the final straw for me. We play Denver with Zach as their starter and he has a career game against Salehs defense. I would accept there is no end for Jets fans and this is hopeless.

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well, Sam Darnold is going to have a great opportunity in 2024 to rebuild his career in the NFL.  He couldn't ask for a better opportunity.

He will be hurt or benched by week 6.  Hes an egg back there and he is terrible at football.

We've beaten this to death but the odds of a QB going from the worst starter in the NFL (which Darnold was in many metrics until Zach Wilson entered the league) is extremely low. However, Darnold -- despite being a boogie boarding goober -- actually seems to like football and wants it in his life so yeah, he might have a slightly-better-than-average chance to make something of himself. Keep in mind that an "average chance" in this context isn't 50%. It's more like 3%.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Are there still Darney truthers out there?  There cant be can there?

They're in hibernation but will emerge like earthworms after rain first good performance he has. 

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

C'Mon man ..your a Jets fan ... you know exactly how it will end if Zach plays.

We beat Darnold with Crap Wilson behind center. Feeling pretty good about our chances against Darnold with Rodgers.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

So we have nothing to worry about.  Cool.

Oh, the standard of what is a "good performance" is largely subjective. 220 yards, 2 TDs and there will be victory laps.

• Haha 2

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

If a miracle happens and that are the numbers, there will also be 2 ints and a fumble or 2.

If Darnold plays 8+ games this year, he'll have some serviceable performances in there. He's better than Zach and even he had a decent game roughly once a year.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Vader said:

I haven't been tuned into football for a minute is Zach Wilson actually still in the NFL?

How philosophical are we talking here? Yes, physically he is present in some organized NFL activities. But he is “in” the NFL in the same way I am “in” a conversation with my mother-in-law. Nodding mindlessly while thinking about how the price of grass seed has gone up.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

Well, Sam Darnold is going to have a great opportunity in 2024 to rebuild his career in the NFL.  He couldn't ask for a better opportunity.

Agree. Wish him luck.

Nice house, nobody home.

• Haha 3

On 8/13/2024 at 8:10 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Jets are facing these QBs first 5 weeks

Purdy

Levis

Brissett

Stidham/Nix/Zach?

Sam

I think our defense will start the season strong against these guys

I bet the Jets to be the last undefeated team in football at 15-1 odds

All about getting that win week 1

18 hours ago, Dunnie said:

C'Mon man ..your a Jets fan ... you know exactly how it will end if Zach plays.

Yes we do -- with our defense completely and totally humiliating him.

I cannot think of anything I fear less as a Jets fan than Zach Wilson playing well against our defense.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jgb said:

How philosophical are we talking here? Yes, physically he is present in some organized NFL activities. But he is “in” the NFL in the same way I am “in” a conversation with my mother-in-law when I’m nodding mindlessly while thinking about how the price of grass seed has gone up.

hehe. it's legit unbelievable any team would waste a roster spot 

22 hours ago, jgb said:

We've beaten this to death but the odds of a QB going from the worst starter in the NFL (which Darnold was in many metrics until Zach Wilson entered the league) is extremely low. However, Darnold -- despite being a boogie boarding goober -- actually seems to like football and wants it in his life so yeah, he might have a slightly-better-than-average chance to make something of himself. Keep in mind that an "average chance" in this context isn't 50%. It's more like 3%.

Yea, well what were the odds of going from a top 3 bust that was as horrendous as Darnold to someone who somehow was worse?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yea, well what were the odds of going from a top 3 bust that was as horrendous as Darnold to someone who somehow was worse?

For most teams 5.65%. 

For the Jets, nigh certainty. I'm fully convinced we are going to draft a QB with no arms next.

• Haha 1

There's been much talk about who the Vikings might try to trade for or sign now with McCarthy out for the season. They still have Jared Hall who played a little last season on their roster he's now a second year player. One guy with starting experience and success albeit in the CFL is Nathan Rourke. Who was just cut after not even a cup of coffee by Atlanta. He was like 3-11 in their first exhibition game but after only a few days practicing with the team. Kind of hard to understand why they'd sign him play him and cut him so fast. He kind of proved himself in the CFL when he got a real chance to play. I guess not available now since he just re-signed with the BC Lions receiving by CFL standards a big dollar contract deal. And that with a really good QB on their roster in VA. I think he's a guy if Darnold went down could start and run an offense for the Vikings.