Thoughts on Michael Clemons

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we all know it by now but nobody has ever had the guts to actually say it.

Please don't include everyone.  I asked to trade him. Heck, package overrated Clemons, Lazard and a 5th rounder in return for a conditional 7th rounder. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we all know it by now but nobody has ever had the guts to actually say it.

Oh yeah, it takes guts to say a player is a disappointment or just isn’t good

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Please don't include everyone.  I asked to trade him. Heck, package overrated Clemmons, Lazard and a 5th rounder @The Crusher in return for a conditional 7th rounder. 

There’s saying he sucks and then there’s overdoing it and proposing dumb trades

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Depends what his expectations are for him. If people are expecting a pure pass rusher, that’s not who he is. He can set the edge and get some pressure. At times, they’ll move him inside just like they did w/JFM. 

I thought I read or heard during last weeks broadcast the Jets asked him to put more weight on for ‘23. But after the season they both agreed he played better at his rookie weight. So he’s back down to that. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Depends what his expectations are for him. If people are expecting a pure pass rusher, that’s not who he is. He can set the edge and get some pressure. At times, they’ll move him inside just like they did w/JFM. 

I thought I read or heard during last weeks broadcast the Jets asked him to put more weight on for ‘23. But after the season they both agreed he played better at his rookie weight. So he’s back down to that. 

JFM is a much better player though. Clemons is a solid depth piece but to rely on him a a starter is not ideal. He'll be the weak link and targeted if he's starting for us.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

JFM is a much better player though. Clemons is a solid depth piece but to rely on him a a starter is not ideal. He'll be the weak link and targeted if he's starting for us.

We all know the DL playing time is a rotation. If he ‘starts’ it actually plays to his strengths as a run defender.  Better question is what % will he be on the field as a DE on 2nd/3rd down and long. I don’t anticipate that % exceeding JJ, WM, McKinley / Reddick. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Parcels did that with Sean Ellis. Big mistake. Maybe true here as well.

32 minutes ago, C Mart said:

We all know the DL playing time is a rotation. If he ‘starts’ it actually plays to his strengths as a run defender.  Better question is what % will he be on the field as a DE on 2nd/3rd down and long. I don’t anticipate that % exceeding JJ, WM, McKinley / Reddick. 

JJ, Williams', DBs are our 💪 , the rest of the D TBD.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Right but he's penciled in as the starter opposite JJ right now

There have been games where Quinnen doesn’t “start”.  Saleh and ulbrich rotate based on personnel etc. The last thing I’m worried about is Dline. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

There have been games where Quinnen doesn’t “start”.  Saleh and ulbrich rotate based on personnel etc. The last thing I’m worried about is Dline. 

He started all 17 games last yr  

• Maxman changed the title to Thoughts on Michael Clemons