Joe wastes lots of money on "weapons"

48 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Ok.  We re going to have to agree to disagree.

Rather than debate each player, I'm happy to say "fine by me!" :) 

I'll just point out one more time my OP said "resume".  To me, resume is the big ticket success moves you made that you flog when you interview for your next job.  I don't see a lot of the guys you all do as meeting that criteria.  If you do, great.

48 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Id like to know whats your prediction in wins for this years team?  Do they win 10 or more games?  Do they make the playoffs?

9-7, no playoffs (as posted in a previous JN predictions thread).

Injuries and age and wear and tear at key spots ultimately foil an otherwise good opening day roster.

Is 12 wins possible?  Absolutely.  If no one important (Rogers, Smith, Williams, Wilson, Hall, etc.) loses major time to injury.

The Division is as weak, outside the Dolphins, as it's been in a long time.  So the opportunity is there.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well, if we're expressing our feelings, I feel bad for fans who cannot help but worry about how much optimism other fans have, and let that seemingly effect them as deeply as some folks around here do, lol.

Here is an idea, worry about your own fan experience.  Don't worry about mine.  Be assured, it's not miserable or any other similar word you might wish it to be. 

When we win, it's great, when we lose, it's meh, which I presume is pretty common for fans the world around. 

My optimism level in August doesn't really play a part tbqh. :roll:

I'm not worried about any of it at all. None of this is worth worrying about. It's possible to empathize without worrying.

I'm not telling anyone to fan one way or another. You gave a synopsis of how you view the Jets and it made me think about how it must be to look at things that way. If my comment in response to that bothered you I don't know what to tell you. 🤷‍♂️ 

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

It's possible to empathize without worrying.

Is that what you thought you were doing?  Lol, I don't really think it was.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

If my comment in response to that bothered you I don't know what to tell you. 🤷‍♂️ 

You could stop trying to tell me what my own experience as a fan must be like, for starters.  Seems sorta obvious.  

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Is that what you thought you were doing?  Lol, I don't really think it was.

You could stop trying to tell me what my own experience as a fan must be like, for starters.  Seems sorta obvious.  

if you don't want people to comment on what they think of your fan experience maybe don't share it on a public message board? lmfao

I mean wtf are we doing here? I genuinely feel for people who can't find excitement in what might happen. To me that's part of the fun. Understand that's not me telling you to do or not do anything.

cheers bro

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JKlecko said:

Buddy Ryan was a great defensive mind, but also a bit crazy.  Somebody had to keep him under control. Even with a an all-time great D, winning a SB with Jim McMahon as QB is no easy feat.  Ditka deserves every kudo he gets for the SB victory.

Buddy Ryan was acting First Sergeant of an Infantry Company at about 23 years old because of attrition. He earned the right to be "a bit crazy". 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

if you don't want people to comment on what they think of your fan experience maybe don't share it on a public message board? lmfao

I mean wtf are we doing here?

I'm posting my opinions on the team, the GM, etc.

You seem to be posting your opinion on what MY fan experience must be like, in your head.

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I genuinely feel for people who can't find excitement in what might happen. To me that's part of the fun.

I'd be shocked if you don't get that not everyone feels exactly the same as you.  

The fun for me is winning, and winning a lot.  Not puffing out my chest and pretending we've won before we've won.  To each their own.  Is that so hard?

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean wtf are we doing here? I genuinely feel for people who can't find excitement in what might happen. To me that's part of the fun. Understand that's not me telling you to do or not do anything.

cheers bro

Take it easy Professor! 

71SjKPfxmzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

We won 7 games last yr without a QB.

Im excited to see how we do with a full team this year.

But to your point, there are a lot of miserable ****s on here who wont be happy with anything less than a Super Bowl victory, and even then will find something to bitch about.

This is really a flyer. We absolutely couldn't have had less offense but won 7 games. If AR8 is at 75 percent, we should win 10 games.  If he is healthy....  12 is a real possibility. I just dont see AR staying upright all year.

8 hours ago, kmnj said:

Corry Davis     37 million-absolute trash

Allan Lazard    44 million-trash was so bad -he was benched-now some will say he had no qb well G Wilson had no QB and still caught the ball and produced. 

Hardman        4 million-trash sent packing

Cobb             3 million- a charity case 

Perriman         8 million-trash 

CJ Uzomah     24 million -I have almost as many catches as he has 

I can understand why Woody does not want Joe throwing around his money.

about half of that money was guaranteed as well

I didnt even include guys  that busted out on rookie deals that were high draft picks -Wilson Mims 

That’s a little unfair.  Just remember when Douglas first came and players avoided the team like a plague. He had to overpay and could not get real interest from A list players.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, rangerous said:

That’s a little unfair.  Just remember when Douglas first came and players avoided the team like a plague. He had to overpay and could not get real interest from A list players.

Kalil's 6 million, overdrafts, etc.  Reddick's situation is icing on the cake. 

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Attacking a Mod on the board seems like a good idea...

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Meh, I’m fine with him pushing back when I push him. If I had my choice to id rather have him attack me whenever he likes rather than come to a Jet Fan board and call the posters diseased and dumb. That’s not ok and it’s why he will eventually get a vacation. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Meh, I’m fine with him pushing back when I push him. If I had my choice to id rather have him attack me whenever he likes rather than come to a Jet Fan board and call the posters Jets fans are the bestd and dumb. That’s not ok and it’s why he will eventually get a vacation. 

I bet my jail pool on you.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Rather than debate each player, I'm happy to say "fine by me!" :) 

I'll just point out one more time my OP said "resume".  To me, resume is the big ticket success moves you made that you flog when you interview for your next job.  I don't see a lot of the guys you all do as meeting that criteria.  If you do, great.

9-7, no playoffs (as posted in a previous JN predictions thread).

Injuries and age and wear and tear at key spots ultimately foil an otherwise good opening day roster.

Is 12 wins possible?  Absolutely.  If no one important (Rogers, Smith, Williams, Wilson, Hall, etc.) loses major time to injury.

The Division is as weak, outside the Dolphins, as it's been in a long time.  So the opportunity is there.

Do you want to place a wager on the win number?

9 and under you win.  10 or more I win?

9 hours ago, kmnj said:

Allan Lazard    44 million-trash was so bad -he was benched-now some will say he had no qb well G Wilson had no QB and still caught the ball and produced. 

I didnt even include guys  that busted out on rookie deals that were high draft picks -Wilson Mims 

Hardman had the game winning catch in the Super Bowl!

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Sauce is a better player as we speak.  It was mind-boggling seeing the Texans skip Sauce, JD just got lucky. 

Luck is the residue of design.

- Branch Rickey

he also said

Good luck is what is left over after intelligence and effort have combined at their best.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, kmnj said:

i cant kill his WR picks when we had the worst QB in the NFL for 3 years. plus add those other 2 bozos we had last year that should never even be on a roster. 

Corey Davis: Tenn 2020 .....65-984-5 TDs 70% catch 14 games

Corey Davis: 2 yr Jet totals .....66-1028-6 TDs 53% catch 22 games

Allen Lazard: GB 2022 .....60-788-6 TDs 60% 15 games

Allen Lazard: Jets 2023 .....23-311-1 TD 47% 14 games

Mecole Hardman: KC 2022 .....25-297-4 TDs 73% 5 games

Mecole Hardman: Jets 2023 ....1-6-0 TDs 33% 5 games

Randell Cobb: GB 2022 .... 34-417-1 TD 68% 13 GAMES

Randell Cobb: Jets 2023 .... 5-39-1 TD 29% 11 games

do you see the pattern? WRs come here to die. when you go from Rodgers, Tannehill and Mahomes to Zach Wilson yeah your going to suck.

and as much as i like GW the reason he has such good numbers is he got targeted over 168 times. he catches only 56% of the passes thrown to him. if you threw Allen Lazard 168 passes at his current 47% catch rate he would have 80 catches.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im the troll but the incessant negative threads over and over and over and over…..

No, im the problem here.

Just unreal.

You act like we have you chained to a radiator in the basement. You are free to leave. You know like when you ran odd as soon as Rodgers got hurt.   

10 hours ago, Claymation said:

And yet he was the HC of probably the greatest defenses of all time, and won a SB for his efforts. 

You mean won a SB for Buddy Ryan's efforrts.

Only on page 1 but. . .

Seems like odd timing to whine about free agency.   He hasn't been good but Wilsonbwas not a "weapon"   Not the bad Wilson anyway.   Quadruple minus points for missing Dalvin Cook who was rhe worst of them.

11 hours ago, kmnj said:

Weaponzzz

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

You act like we have you chained to a radiator in the basement. You are free to leave. You know like when you ran odd as soon as Rodgers got hurt.   

You mean won a SB for Buddy Ryan's efforrts.

Only on page 1 but. . .

Seems like odd timing to whine about free agency.   He hasn't been good but Wilsonbwas not a "weapon"   Not the bad Wilson anyway.   Quadruple minus points for missing Dalvin Cook who was rhe worst of them.

No I mean he was the HC of the ‘85 Bears. Buddy was the DC under Ditka.

4 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Do you want to place a wager on the win number?

9 and under you win.  10 or more I win?

Why would he do that when those are the same odds he can get at a sports book, and then he doesn’t have to hound an Internet stranger to get paid?

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Why would he do that when those are the same odds he can get at a sports book, and then he doesn’t have to hound an Internet stranger to get paid?

Really?   You’re getting 50/50 odds from your bookie?  How does he make money, or does he just do it for charity?

I just wondered if he d put his money where his mouth is.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Fully aware. I watched the games.  I am okd.  His brilliant coaching consisted of handing the ball to Payton and staying out of Buddy Ryan's way.

If you believe that was the case, the Giants under Parcells was the run game and stay out of the way of BB.