Trade Reddick Tonight

37 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

The Eagles did want him. I live by Philly. He made it known that he didn’t want to play on his number this year and the eagles didn’t want to extend a 30 year old so they traded him. The only reason he was available was his cap hit this year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think that means they didn't want him...

You just backed up my position.

9 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

I understand. The Jets are a better team with him playing, his leverage isn’t zero.

They are better.  But he’s never been with the Jets and he’s an addition.  
He doesn’t play, he rings up fines and he’ll start losing game checks.  
Jets will be in SF, Tenn & NJ 

10 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

There are people praising the Jets roster.  If the roster is good, but the team plays bad, people eviscerate the coaches.  Right or wrong and the GM gets good grades.  I agree about Rodgers, but it is, what it is.  Doubling down on that philosophy seems like a bad move.

I don't see folding up and paying Reddick so he comes in fat and happy as the way to any success, let alone sustained.  Huff hated the Jets, couldn't wait to leave and got 10 sacks.  That's the Reddick I want to see.  Come in, play for your next deal.  I am not concerned about public perception.  Frankly, I don't think anybody outside of this board much cares.  Friends that know I am a Jets fan always bring up the team and never mention him and I don't think there have been any real pieces about the holdout since the trade deman which was 2 weeks ago.  

Did huff hate the jets?

On 8/25/2024 at 5:32 AM, HighPitch said:

?

did ecuadorianjet say to trade him for a first or second rounder? That would be silly if he did. But he didnt. 

Instead he simply said to get rid of the distraction. Probs because we seem stacked on the Dline for once. Its a reasonable “thought”. Try not to be the thread cop. Thanks pappi chulo

Seem stacked on the D line for once ?? Really ?

Where have you been 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mfmartin said:

They didn’t want to extend him, doesn’t mean they didn’t want him to play out this year. By your explanation, the Jets don’t want him

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He was traded,,, They signed Huff instead

Stop arguing against facts

I'm completely on the trade him now bandwagon if we can get back what we paid.  If not, I'd just let him sit for a bit until a team gets desperate enough for DE help and pays us what we paid.  I think the play of McGregor and Takk changes things.  If it was just JJ and an unknown McDonald, I'm sure I'd feel different.  These guys though give me enough confidence in SOMEONE stepping up.  Even if it's just one of them, IMO that's all you need.  

Considering how good this coaching staff has been with finding and developing DE talent, I'm willing to roll the dice.  Just get rid of the headache.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I'm completely on the trade him now bandwagon if we can get back what we paid.  If not, I'd just let him sit for a bit until a team gets desperate enough for DE help and pays us what we paid.  I think the play of McGregor and Takk changes things.  If it was just JJ and an unknown McDonald, I'm sure I'd feel different.  These guys though give me enough confidence in SOMEONE stepping up.  Even if it's just one of them, IMO that's all you need.  

Considering how good this coaching staff has been with finding and developing DE talent, I'm willing to roll the dice.  Just get rid of the headache.  

I'd find the worst possible scenario for him and trade him there guys a POS . Wonder how much say he has in a trade due to the circumstances ? 

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

The cool thing about “what we paid,” is that we haven’t paid anything yet, and won’t until 2026. There’s no rush to get back what you haven’t spent in the first place.

Take all the emotion out of it. Even if Reddick reports at the deadline to get credit for this season, half a season of Haasan Reddick playing for his next contract is a lot better for the 2024 NY Jets than getting a 2026 third rounder back would be. And the fun thing about that is that it’s entirely possible that the Jets would get back a 2026 third rounder as compensation if/when Reddick leaves and gets paid in free agency next year. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, slats said:

The cool thing about “what we paid,” is that we haven’t paid anything yet, and won’t until 2026. There’s no rush to get back what you haven’t spent in the first place.

Take all the emotion out of it. Even if Reddick reports at the deadline to get credit for this season, half a season of Haasan Reddick playing for his next contract is a lot better for the 2024 NY Jets than getting a 2026 third rounder back would be. And the fun thing about that is that it’s entirely possible that the Jets would get back a 2026 third rounder as compensation if/when Reddick leaves and gets paid in free agency next year. 

Nice of JD to take care of the incoming GM with an extra pick.  He's going to get the Jets good guy award in 2024.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2024 at 2:55 PM, OilfieldJet said:

It’s not zero right now. He loses money every day and if he doesn’t play loses the season and the Jets still own him. He has zero leverage when he can no longer play.

“Loses” lol.

On 8/26/2024 at 5:51 AM, Doggin94it said:

That's a great approach if you want to treat this as a one-off negotiation. But it's not; at this point, por L'encouragement des autres comes into play. Douglas has to worry about four guys who will be extension eligible next offseason, not all of whom will be getting new deals right away. So he needs to make sure their agents understands that a hold of won't help them get the best deal. 

Tough guys win bar fights but not negotiations 

On 8/26/2024 at 5:45 AM, Doggin94it said:

That's silly. I've said all along that Reddick will end up reporting to play out his existing deal or one that leaves him not meaningfully better off than if he'd shown up day 1. You're the one claiming Douglas will cave to save his own job. So tell me what you think "caving" looks like

Silly another word for being right on JN. Where feelings trump facts.

• Thumb Down 1

On 8/26/2024 at 5:20 AM, #27TheDominator said:

He is a nice piece and it was a bargain if he showed and played.  I think he and his agent overvalued him. He is a shrimp EDGE.  He is LB sized but can't play LB.  His market is small.  Philly was done with him.  I think the Jets and Niners are the other teams he fits well.   Sure he could play elsewhere but if he is solely DPR his value is down.  Sort of how the Jets saw Huff 

Also, look back and see my elaborate conspiracy theory that even @T0mShane finds ridiculous 

If he showed and played. Yeah, if only there was a mechanism to ensure that happened. I heard a rumor called “contract extension” although I can’t confirm such a thing exists.

On 8/26/2024 at 4:28 AM, sciond said:

Same as it has been...

I am not showing up....

F-him

Yeahhh EFF HIM!!!!!!!!!

An alternative is make the trade conditional on an extension. But hey, you’re a tough guy.

On 8/26/2024 at 3:26 AM, bicketybam said:

How many people have predicted he would sit out the season? I'm not sure I've seen a single person suggest that yet you come swinging in trying to bet he will eventually report 😅 My guy, please.

Apparently you think a debate means you can to make your point and tell me what mine is as well. 

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeahhh EFF HIM!!!!!!!!!

An alternative is make the trade conditional on an extension. But hey, you’re a tough guy.

You really don't do smart well...

Does you mom know that you on the interwebz tonight?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Tough guys win bar fights but not negotiations 

Lol. There's no need to walk around beating your chest in a negotiation. But you also can't have a reputation for folding to pressure and making bad decisions just to get to some deal, any deal. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Silly another word for being right on JN. Where feelings trump facts.

Ok guy. I do notice that you don't want to define "cave" 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

That’s exactly what JD did in being too dumb or lazy to make an extension a condition of the trade 

The Jets don't want Reddick beyond this year, so why would they make an extension a trade condition? This is a pure rental

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

The Jets don't want Reddick beyond this year, so why would they make an extension a trade condition? This is a pure rental

A discussion they should’ve had before the trade. If he insisted on multi year deal…. You don’t trade. This isn’t rocket surgery.  

• Haha 1