****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

Just now, Matt39 said:

They didn’t have the ball. Lazard drop, Hall fumble and after that the defense couldn’t get a stop. The Niners punted once. Wilson didn’t come back on the ball in the pick either.

They didn't have the ball because they couldn't put drives together.

Yes, the defense was awful.  Yes the fumble was bad, the drop was bad...but all of that happens.  Rodgers wasn't good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Rodgers is the only reason this game wasn’t a shutout.

- The defense (especially the safeties)

- Breece Hall.

- Run blocking.

Those were my key 3 and the biggest disappointment, at least in my eyes, was Hall, to be honest.  Awful fumble.  Multiple bad drops.  Even when there were holes, he looked too timid when trying to run and danced around too much.

Gotta agree with you, Tony Adams is absolute ass.

Hall looked mid, should've given more snaps to Allen but the Jets had like 10 minutes of ball possession.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Yes, the defense was awful.  Yes the fumble was bad, the drop was bad...but all of that happens.  Rodgers wasn't good. 

He only threw 21 times. They didn’t have drives to put together because they never had the ball. They overfed Hall early. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He hasn’t played in two years.  I thought he looked ok, albeit old and slow, but should improve as he works the rust off. 

Yes, he hasn't played in two years....but he was terrible.  

You can make excuses for sure and I get it.  But it doesn't chance the fact that he was terrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

You just have an agenda. He was fine. The defense allowing long drives and 8 straight scores was the problem. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

Sauce got injured making a tackle for a loss and also is the best CB in the NFL. 

Yeah we’re not going to be doing another season of this. He’s invisible and when he isn’t his wussing out on tackling because he’s a bean pole. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

He only threw 21 times. They didn’t have drives to put together because they never had the ball. They overfed Hall early. 

He didn't have the opportunity because he couldn't get first downs.  Had they had this game would have been different.

What I was worried about is reality now.  He's old, slow and not anywhere near what he used to be.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saleh will brag that his defense held SF to FGs.

I need to dig up the article about really good defenses on teams with bad offenses and that when the offense becomes good.. the defense doesn't seem as good. The assertions with some evidence was that the opponents play differently. No need to try for a 4th down within the 5 when you know the opposing offense is only going to score 13 points.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Rodgers is the only reason this game wasn’t a shutout.

- The defense (especially the safeties)

- Breece Hall.

- Run blocking.

Those were my key 3 and the biggest disappointment, at least in my eyes, was Hall, to be honest.  Awful fumble.  Multiple bad drops.  Even when there were holes, he looked too timid when trying to run and danced around too much.

Allen needs to get in, he's got burst to the LOS and savageness that hall doesn't have. Hall should feel some heat. He'll play better. The HC should also help out his GM. Rodgers was good tho not perfect (behind on GW INT); Taylor would have scored also though. Totally outcoached. Shanahan forcing Saleh to take a TO was actually hilarious. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

He didn't have the opportunity because he couldn't get first downs.  Had they had this game would have been different.

What I was worried about is reality now.  He's old, slow and not anywhere near what he used to be.

You are just making things up because of Zach Wilson now?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So...

Rodgers survived playing his first game back and led a beautiful drive early and then stole 6 later. Least of our worries. Anyone that says ROdgers was "Bad " tonight is a moron.

Garrett Wilson made a couple of mistakes tonight. He's young and will learn, but he isn't a #1 receiver in any way shape or form at this point.

Who had Lazard with 2 TDs on their Bingo Card? 

We have a solid backup QB if needed

Braelin Allen was aa steal, should have gotten at least one or two short yardage runs earlier

Did Breece eat the salmon? 

The D-Line is rubbish. Too small. Forget Huff or Reddick, they missed JFM tonight more than either of them

CJ Mosely is still slow

No push from the O line in the run game.

The Defense was ass tonight.

McDonald and Corley were both nonsensical picks for this team. 

Aside from that, great job!

Agree with most but totally disagree about Wilson. He certainly is a No 1 receiver. 

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You just have an agenda. He was fine. The defense allowing long drives and 8 straight scores was the problem. 

Do I have an agenda or did the Jets get chopped up in a game where we were unable to move the ball consistently?

Yes, the defense was bad (which is far more concerning) but saying Rodgers wasn't a major part of the problem is wishful thinking.

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Coaching is an issue.  But talent matters.

You need a good QB and you need to put pressure on QB's.   Right now the Jets don't have the ability to do either.

Correct, we have literally no option of old man river running for a gainer every once in a while.  It’s 10 on 11.  F it, start Tyrod.  At least he has wheels.

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I didn’t get what I hoped for, but I got what I expected.  I called this type of game 2 weeks ago, was willing to throw money on the outcome, and got lambasted by plenty of people.

I’m not thrilled about it, but my point is that the second this game was announced I saw 0-1 and I never thought it would be close; mainly because it’s so early in the season and this is a team that’s going to need to gel.

It’s a long year.  Go Jets.

I expected a loss too, but more along the lines of a 24-17 type thing where it looks sloppy, but competitive. This though? This was a dismantling on every level. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Defense got pushed around.  Offense was timid and rusty.  Luckily it’s only week 1.  Plenty of time to right the ship.  I expect drastic improvement over the next three weeks. 

@Pac- freaking loser!  You had one job and you ****ed it up. 

We're going to need you hysterical types to understand 1 game a season does not make.. 

Green Bay Packers Shut Up GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

• Upvote 1