****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

Just now, Vader said:

he came out in the second half with run blitzes. it worked and then it didn't 

It was an adjustment which then led to the adjustment by the 9ers to start going to the long developing intermediate passing game. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Playing SanFran on the road in the first game if the season is a brutal way to start a season. I'm got going to overreact although they have to be better but I wouldn't be surprised if this team is 4-1 after 5. 

Yes.  And if this was a young team and were excited about the future you can possibly find some good.  But this is the year, this is the SB run team.

That was Fing ugly.

1 minute ago, JiFtheOracle said:

You guys remember when the 1-0 Jets last year, lost the next 3 games?   Then won the next 3?  And they were 4-3?

That was awesome! 

Honestly, anything worse than 4-1 after 5 will feel like a disappointment. 

The season is a roller coaster, though. You are right 

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It was an adjustment which then led to the adjustment by the 9ers to start going to the long developing intermediate passing game. 

100%. Shanahan and staff are brilliant. totally outcoached Saleh and staff

• Upvote 3

The Defense (which is supposed to be the strength of this team) was flat.

The run defense was awful, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and their sh!tty tackling made the 49er's back-up RB look like John Riggins.

Our pass rush sucked - either the 49er's O-Line is really good (PFF said they weren't & had the 49er's O-line ranked 22nd in the NFL and had our O-line ranked 5th in the NFL, hence why I don't take PFF rankings very seriously) or we have no pass-rush whatsoever.

Offensive line did alright pass-blocking, but they got no movement at all when run-blocking and didn't give Hall any real holes to hit, which is a big reason why he struggled.

Breece Hall under-performed, that fumble was inexcusable - keep 2 hands on the friggin' ball for Christ's sake. Maybe it's just me, but Hall also looked a step slow tonight, I didn't see that burst out of him, that he normally has.

I feel like Braelon Allen should have come into the game sooner, instead of waiting 'til garbage time.

The INT Rodgers threw was off a deflection, so I don't really view that as his fault per say.

Rodgers looked serviceable, not great but not terrible either, he still has plenty of zip on the ball and can make all the throws. He took a couple of hits & survived, which is a positive.

Garret Wilson - looked good for the most part, but I don't know how he couldn't get 2 feet down on the last drive that Rodgers stayed in for - he has to be more aware of where he is on the field and where the sideline is.

I have to say despite that one drive-killing drop, Lazard redeemed himself nicely, with 2 receiving TDs. There may be hope for him yet.

Mike Williams was a on a very limited snap count and when he was in the game he was never targeted, I didn't see a single ball thrown his way.

Aaron Rodgers didn't get hurt, nor did any O-line starters. I did see MC-II leave the game - hopefully his injury isn't anything serious.

I view the things in bold as the main reasons we got b!tch-slapped tonight.

One large helping of humble pie has been served, let's see how this team responds on a short week.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Flightattendant said:

What was the deal you think?

He was running his mouth and criticizing his teammates, the CS or both. He was playing all world, making tackles after the front 7 was missing tackles, was getting banged up and they sat him because he was hot and running his mouth.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I hate that our opening game came to this. I get why they pulled him. Though it makes zero sense that they left Tyron, Breece and Garrett in.

I don’t usually give a crap anymore how our games go, but this one triggered me. Probably because of how much Saleh likes to talk the talk. Guy sucks.

Saleh sucks....agreed

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  And if this was a young team and were excited about the future you can possibly find some good.  But this is the year, this is the SB run team.

That was Fing ugly.

That was against a really good team on the road. 1st games of the year are often a sh*tshow  Do you think NE is going to finish ahead of Cincy? sh*t happens. If this team goes 4-1 this will all be a memory. I'm not overreacting. I still hate Saleh though. 

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

That was against a really good team on the road. 1st games of the year are often a sh*tshow  Do you think NE is going to finish ahead of Cincy? sh*t happens. If this team goes 4-1 this will all be a memory. I'm not overreacting. I still hate Saleh though. 

For sure.  But it was ugly.  They weren't competitive - which has been a theme with this team for over a decade.

I'm over it.

Hackett should not even be allowed on the plane home. Don’t like Paul Hackett and can’t stand Nate. The rest of the staff should be fired on the tarmac and made to drive home in a u-haul rental van. 64 years of this crap and 1 yes 1 that wasn’t. I have to apologize to my sons for making them jet fans, my problem is being a die hard with rose colored glasses.

this coaching staff is an embarrassment and complete unmitigated pieces of s**t

this is where the rose colored glass come in handy, everything is hunky dory. I know it is only 1 game and hopefully it’s not a bellwether for the season

18 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Correct, we have literally no option of old man river running for a gainer every once in a while.  It’s 10 on 11.  F it, start Tyrod.  At least he has wheels.

In fairness, it could make for an entertaining game and a half before he's inevitably on IR.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

’ll bite:

How was he awful?  

167, 1 td, 1 int.  

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lazard dropped a crucial 3rd down

dropped passes happen to everyone

If this were ANY other QB he would be getting destroyed.  You guys are trying to make it like it wasn't Rodgers fault.  The D was bad (no question) the O was worse.  You have to score in the NFL today.  The Jets didn't and 167 yards isn't going to win a lot of games for you.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Kind of surprised Rodgers exits with over 4 minutes left. Who's calling the shots here. When Jets went for two first time I didn't see that being signaled in by Saleh. All I saw was Rodgers telling teammates to go for two. 

I would have sat him after that post halftime drive by Niners.  It was obvious the D wasn't going to show up. 

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ll bite:

How was he awful?  

Lazard dropped a crucial 3rd down, Breece Hall had brutal drops out of the backfield, and the pick was a tipped ball where Garrett Wilson, who we expect to emerge as a top 5 WR, needs to box out the DB.  Oh, he also can’t lose track of where his feet are near the boundary when you’re trying to fight for your last shot to stay in the game, nor can he let a nickel corner out muscle him on 4th & 1 so that the ball doinks off his chest.

Rodgers, Lazard, and the OL (in pass protection) looked very good.  If we’re placing blame here on any offensive players, it’s Breece and Wilson.  Period.  After the first touchdown drive, they looked like 2 guys who thought they could just step on the field with Aaron at QB, half-ass it, and they would still put on a show during national TV; a far cry from the guys who fought on every down during last year's opener to keep them alive until the walk-off punt return.  

Aaron was 13-21, not really playing like a check down artist.  It should have been 18-21, at worst.

no running game