****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I know Saleh is an idiot but even he has to realize that he needs to get Allen involved more next week. Right?

Should’ve had him on that 2 pt conversion. How bout putting both him and Breece in same backfield? Get creative 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Does Saleh have any say in the offense?

He's the HC so he should have some say I guess. Whoever didn't give Allen a single touch until the game is over is an idiot especially considering they couldn't run the ball very well with Hall. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ll bite:

How was he awful?  

Lazard dropped a crucial 3rd down, Breece Hall had brutal drops out of the backfield, and the pick was a tipped ball where Garrett Wilson, who we expect to emerge as a top 5 WR, needs to box out the DB.  Oh, he also can’t lose track of where his feet are near the boundary when you’re trying to fight for your last shot to stay in the game, nor can he let a nickel corner out muscle him on 4th & 1 so that the ball doinks off his chest.

Rodgers, Lazard, and the OL (in pass protection) looked very good.  If we’re placing blame here on any offensive players, it’s Breece and Wilson.  Period.  After the first touchdown drive, they looked like 2 guys who thought they could just step on the field with Aaron at QB, half-ass it, and they would still put on a show during national TV; a far cry from the guys who fought on every down during last year's opener to keep them alive until the walk-off punt return.  

Aaron was 13-21, not really playing like a check down artist.  It should have been 18-21, at worst.

Definitely turn around plays that changed the whole complexion of the game. It just seemed after every one of those plays you mentioned, teh defense just fell flat. Long drives against them didn't help followed by 3 and outs and falling way behind quickly.  No guts at all tonight ZILCH.  The DL couldn't stop a nose bleed and I'm worried this is just the way its going to be.  Last year they had the same problem and I had hoped they'd get somebody to help plug up the middle but of course they didn't. On the edge, McDuck was INVISIBLE, manhandled, pushed inside, pushed outside, had zero pressures.  They better sign Reddick quick or this season will go down down the tubes quick. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

167, 1 td, 1 int.  

dropped passes happen to everyone

If this were ANY other QB he would be getting destroyed.  You guys are trying to make it like it wasn't Rodgers fault.  The D was bad (no question) the O was worse.  You have to score in the NFL today.  The Jets didn't and 167 yards isn't going to win a lot of games for you.

I genuinely don’t think you watched the same game as the rest of the world tonight because there isn’t a soul out there with an ounce of credibility blaming anyone other than the skill position players for the lack of 3rd down conversions.

You could put Wilson, Siemien, Boyle, etc. back there tonight and I would be saying the same damn thing if they had the same exact performance.  The big difference is that we all know that those 3 wouldn’t have had the same performance.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Vader said:

He was running his mouth and criticizing his teammates, the CS or both. He was playing all world, making tackles after the front 7 was missing tackles, was getting banged up and they sat him because he was hot and running his mouth.

Oh sh*t. I didn't catch that. Thanks for the insite. 

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Ok. Talk to me in a few weeks. 

For sure.  I'm with you.  Can he get better? Sure.  Will be play better than tonight, I sure hope so and expect so.

But let's not pretend he wasn't a major part of the problem tonight.  He was bad tonight.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Come on man.

Fumbles and dropped passes happen to everyone.  167 yards is not enough to win football games in the NFL.

Tell me you expect to get better and I'll agree.   But let's not put lipstick on a pig - he was bad tonight.

NFL teams averaged 185 passing week 1, jets ran 49 plays 

1 minute ago, BloodGreen said:

Quinnen Williams is still pretty great, even if the defense was trash overall tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He's still very good.  But he gets doubled and tripled.  When you let your two best edge players go and don't replace them the defense is going to take a major step back...Should be expected.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Come on man.

Fumbles and dropped passes happen to everyone.  167 yards is not enough to win football games in the NFL.

Tell me you expect to get better and I'll agree.   But let's not put lipstick on a pig - he was bad tonight.

Recalling all the 160-ish, 1/1 days Zach Wilson put up where this place was apoplectic about how that kind of performance was simply unacceptable. But now because it’s Rodgers, these dudes want to explainify why 167 yards was actually great if you factor in a drop that would have gotten him to 174 yards

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4

Tough environment where I expected the Jets to lose, what was more concerning was how flat the team. I was surprised how flat they seemed when the team spoke about how hard training camp was, I expected the team to look more prepared tonight. Let's hope its just a one game aberration. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Recalling all the 160-ish, 1/1 days Zach Wilson put up where this place was apoplectic about how that kind of performance was simply unacceptable. But now because it’s Rodgers, these dudes want to explainify why 167 yards was actually great is you factor in a drop that would have gotten him to 174 yards

It was eerily similar, albeit with prettier passes getting dropped. 

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

Tough environment where I expected the Jets to lose, what was more concerning was how flat the team. I was surprised how flat they seemed when the team spoke about how hard training camp was, I expected the team to look more prepared tonight. Let's hope its just a one game aberration. 

I really think they were simply out talented tonight more so than out coached.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Recalling all the 160-ish, 1/1 days Zach Wilson put up where this place was apoplectic about how that kind of performance was simply unacceptable. But now because it’s Rodgers, these dudes want to explainify why 167 yards was actually great is you factor in a drop that would have gotten him to 174 yards

Rodgers was not great by any stretch today, but given his career performance I'm willing to give him more slack than he who shall not be named from BYU.