Cop in Tyreek Hill detainment on Administrative leave for his misconduct

13 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Probably not a good idea to rough up someone worth $180 million in front of tons of cameras

Apparently the idiot also put all world good guy, Calais Campbell in hand cuffs as well because he was "disrupting police procedure" by simply asking what was going on.

48 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

It's almost like, you shoudnt be an ignorant idiot and understand there is history around these incidents that tells a very familiar story;

He was released after several minutes, but the incident was filmed by nearby fans and quickly went viral on social media. Hill said he didn't know why the situation escalated the way it did.

"Right now, I'm still trying to put it all together ... I still don't know what happened," he said after the game. "But I do want to use this platform to say, 'What if I wasn't Tyreek Hill?' Worst-case scenario, you know? ... Everybody has bad apples in every situation, but I want to be able to use this platform to figure out a way to flip this and make it a positive on my end and Miami-Dade and do something positive for the community.

"It's hard. I don't want to bring race into it, but sometimes it gets kind of iffy when you do. What if I wasn't Tyreek Hill? Lord knows what those guys would have done. I just wanted to make sure I was doing what my uncle always told me to do whenever you're in a situation like that -- put your hands on the steering wheel and just listen."

Damn, same exact things I told me sons. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The guy that escalated a fricken' TRAFFIC STOP to the point that two people were cuffed with one of them winding up on the ground would have been recommended for termination if he worked on my father's shift. Stupid. The job is "protect and serve", not be a petty tyrant. 

If a traffic stop is too stressful and frightening for you to de-escalate and handle professionally and courteously, then you chose the wrong career path. 

As to what happened when he was cuffed, in the Words of wisdom from my Grandfather (NYPD 1923-1966), passed to his sons, and eventually to me: "When the cuffs are on, the fight is over". 

Haha you neg rep’d me yesterday for calling the cop a dumb ass.  Lmfao 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The guy that escalated a fricken' TRAFFIC STOP to the point that two people were cuffed with one of them winding up on the ground would have been recommended for termination if he worked on my father's shift. Stupid. The job is "protect and serve", not be a petty tyrant. 

If a traffic stop is too stressful and frightening for you to de-escalate and handle professionally and courteously, then you chose the wrong career path. People go into Law Enforcement for a lot of reasons, and MANY of them don't really know what the job is or what it will entail. Same in the Fire Service. The trick is to weed them out early when you identify potential problems, but Municipal Unions create a lot of cases of "Negative Retention", and that goes for PD, FD, Teachers, etc.

I had a "Firefighter" on my truck for a while that was literally terrified of going into... buildings on fire. He lasted 3 years on the job before he finally left - for another department that ran less fires. I don't know the answer, Law Enforcement is kinda' important, but the concept of hiring guys out of College who got a Criminal Justice degree but have never been in a bad neighborhood or a real fistfight in their lives is NOT working... nor is hiring anyone willing to do a difficult and stressful job for crap pay that just want authority... 

As to what happened when he was cuffed, in the Words of wisdom from my Grandfather (NYPD 1923-1966), passed to his sons, and eventually to me: "When the cuffs are on, the fight is over". 

One of my good friends says “wanting to be a cop should disqualify you from the job” 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Haha you neg rep’d me yesterday for calling the cop a dumb ass.  Lmfao 

Yeah, I did. Because instead of going on a crusade for justice or whatever, I waited to see what happened instead of having a knee jerk reaction to a 10 second TikTok video. 

But you've never worn a uniform or done a dangerous job, so I suppose it's easy to make judgements like that so fast... 

Enjoy the game.

• Post of the Week 3

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Florida

Yeah. We have all the "bad cops" down Here. Unlike the storied and professional LEO'S of NYPD, LAPD, Detroit, Baltimore, Minneapolis.... they're all basically like Bobbies compared to "Florida"...

• Upvote 2

I would have been 4th Gen Law Enforcement if I went that route. When my dad asked me "Why the FD and not Police" back in 2000 or so, the answer was simple:

Society hates the Police, and the media is making it worse. It's not going to be a good job for much longer. I can get the same pay and benefits, but when I show up, people say, "Thank God, the firemen are here" instead of, ****, the Cops....

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I would have been 4th Gen Law Enforcement if I went that route. When my dad asked me "Why the FD and not Police" back in 2000 or so, the answer was simple:

Society hates the Police, and the media is making it worse. It's not going to be a good job for much longer. I can get the same pay and benefits, but when I show up, people say, "Thank God, the firemen are here" instead of, ****, the Cops....

It's an impossible job and it's a thankless job.  Still in many casses the Police are their own worst enemy.  They protect the worst at the expense of the best when they should be weeding them out from within instead of protecting them in almost every case. 

34 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah, I did. Because instead of going on a crusade for justice or whatever, I waited to see what happened instead of having a knee jerk reaction to a 10 second TikTok video. 

But you've never worn a uniform or done a dangerous job, so I suppose it's easy to make judgements like that so fast... 

Enjoy the game.

Cute.  Or maybe...I saw multiple videos and read multiple different reports and knew what happened and understood the situation and was able to make a very simple and accurate reaction to an obvious mishandled situation.

But yeah, tell me more about knee jerk reactions as you're doing a 180 today....

Oh and I used to wash windows on skyscrapers, I had to wear a uniform and it was very dangerous.

I love you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Florida

As a non-US person, it feels like "America" generally. ;-) 

On the few times I've been stopped while driving (in the UK) it was always a very civil affair with the police practically apologising for the inconvenience. :D  

21 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Fwiw, nobody in that thread talked sh*t about the police or took general shots at policing or said they "hate the police".  In fact, I specifically said my best friend is an ex-jersey cop and he is salt of the earth and also said, that 90% of these guys are wonderful humans.  Nobody is in this thread, is behaving that way as well.  I called the cop handling this, a dumbass.  Why?  Because he is. And simply pointed out a fact, that our country has a history of this behavior that cant be ignored and blaming it on the media is kind of silly. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

As a non-US person, it feels like "America" generally. ;-) 

On the few times I've been stopped while driving (in the UK) it was always a very civil affair with the police practically apologising for the inconvenience. :D  

The police in the UK aren't facing traffic stops with people who have loaded guns in their cars.  

This post should get this thread locked

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The police in the UK aren't facing traffic stops with people who have loaded guns in their cars.  

This post should get this thread locked

It should hardly be locked over that. Have you ever watched how European police deal with a guy wielding a knife they take their time and eventually it ends well unlike in the US where the cops starts screaming like maniacs and then they unload their entire clip give me a break. You have to be living under a rock if you don’t think that US cops Are out of control 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1