NFL Exec: Jets may Eventually Have to Deal Haason Reddick

8 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Though it would be great to have Reddick, giving into him would set a bad precedent and negatively impact our financials.  We're in complete control in this situation and could very well get a return that's greater and sooner than what the Jets expended on Reddick.   Reddick on the other hand is losing money weekly which he'll never get back.  The only negative is that Reddick's behavior is likely to scare off other teams and lessen his value.  Which hurts both Reddick and the Jets. 

You’re leaving out the part where our pass rush (and defense) will be considerably worse without the guy who would be one of our 3 best players on that side of the ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 9/13/2024 at 8:08 AM, Raideraholic said:

Raiders aren’t trading for Reddick .    He wants an extension plus monster salary .   They have big money tied up in De position  MAXX Crosby, Tyree Wilson, and need to pay Malcolm Koonce next year.  ( he’s a free agent even if he misses a good portion of the season .       Makes zero sense to trade anything for him , and give him a big contact .   They would just sign yannick Ngahoue  if they were looking for cheaper option.  

Koonce is injured.  Wilson is injured and not good only 3.5 sacks in 17 games last season.  He’s a Will McDonald clone.

Boy do you love to overrate your players

On 9/13/2024 at 8:08 AM, Raideraholic said:

Raiders aren’t trading for Reddick .    He wants an extension plus monster salary .   They have big money tied up in De position  MAXX Crosby, Tyree Wilson, and need to pay Malcolm Koonce next year.  ( he’s a free agent even if he misses a good portion of the season .       Makes zero sense to trade anything for him , and give him a big contact .   They would just sign yannick Ngahoue  if they were looking for cheaper option.  

Btw, Aidan O’Connell should be playing 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Koonce is injured.  Wilson is injured and not good only 3.5 sacks in 17 games last season.  He’s a Will McDonald clone.

Boy do you love to overrate your players

Koonce is a star- raiders defense became elite when a Pierce started him. Him and  Crosby   Were two best starting Des by season end last year . Both Crosby and a Koonce are double digit sack guys .    M Koonce was stuck behind y Ngakoue and than Raiders traded for chandler Jones ( Josh Mcdaniels guy). Maxx Crosby plays like 97% of the time.  

Raiders drafted T Wilson last year to redshirt him as he was recovering from serious leg injury.    That plan changed when C jones went nuts .    He was forced to play .  He’s work in progress still but he’s capable of playing both de and Dt.  He’s a monster physical specimen .  He makes m Crosby look like a kid next to him. 

The Raiders have 37 million in cap space.  They have some important Fa to re-Sign M Koonce , Cb Nate Hobbs , mlb R Spillane, s T Moehrig   D Deablo - let him walk ( have replacements ready to go M Epps- think he walks. ( again have a lot safety depth)  CB jack jones will be a Fa after 2025 season - going to cost a lot.     Why they aren’t trading d Adams this year.( lose most of that cap space)      The 49ers tried to trade for wr Jakobi Meyers this week . Raiders aren’t trading him .   So many people don’t understand just how good a wr he is.   

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Koonce is a star- raiders defense became elite when a Pierce started him. Him and  Crosby   Were two best starting Des by season end last year . Both Crosby and a Koonce are double digit sack guys .    M Koonce was stuck behind y Ngakoue and than Raiders traded for chandler Jones ( Josh Mcdaniels guy). Maxx Crosby plays like 97% of the time.  

Raiders drafted T Wilson last year to redshirt him as he was recovering from serious leg injury.    That plan changed when C jones went nuts .    He was forced to play .  He’s work in progress still but he’s capable of playing both de and Dt.  He’s a monster physical specimen .  He makes m Crosby look like a kid next to him. 

The Raiders have 37 million in cap space.  They have some important Fa to re-Sign M Koonce , Cb Nate Hobbs , mlb R Spillane, s T Moehrig   D Deablo - let him walk ( have replacements ready to go M Epps- think he walks. ( again have a lot safety depth)  CB jack jones will be a Fa after 2025 season - going to cost a lot.     Why they aren’t trading d Adams this year.( lose most of that cap space)      The 49ers tried to trade for wr Jakobi Meyers this week . Raiders aren’t trading him .   So many people don’t understand just how good a wr he is.   

LOL. You poor thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Why should JD be trusted to be the GM of the NY Jets.  Why should Hackett be trusted to be the Jets OC after the dissaster he had in Denver?  Why should Saleh still be the Jets HC and trusted to bring this team a deep playoff run.
This he didn't honor the last one is just a dumb argument.  I'm not saying your dumb or personally attacking you.  He's not playing football and not getting paid.  He has met his obligation for the guaranteed portion of his contract.  He is under no obligation to play football for the Jets or anyone else and the Jets have no obligation to pay him.  
This doesn't make sense. A contract isn't valid for only the period where it has gaurenteed money. A contract is valid for the length of the contract.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Yeah I hear you, honestly that was my first guess. Nailed  it!! 

On 9/13/2024 at 5:33 PM, Chewy and the Jets said:

I have some real issues with how JD has managed this roster since acquiring AR.  Just a significant lack of urgency.  Last year no offensive line, lousy receiver group, and a luxury first round pick at a position where there was no need.   This year ripping to shreds our defensive line including giving up JFM for peanuts, not going after an established received like Keenan Allen and the one we drafted is a long term project.  I'll give him credit if he is thinking longer term, if it were me I would stock up for this window of AR and try to secure myself a long term deal where I can fix things back up.

As it pertains to Reddick it was a big swing with minimal risk.  We either get a top tier pass rusher for one year at $14 million or we don't.  We gave nothing of value up for him so other than perception we have lost very little on this transaction.  If he comes back with 8 games left and contributes I'd still consider it a small win on the deal.  Had we traded a current asset that was now performing elsewhere while the guy we got is out that's different but that's not the case.  

Saleh/Douglas when you consider length of time here and record, is the worst regime we’ve had under Woody. Completely no business holding their jobs. You have to wonder what else is at play to have these two guys who were clearly not equip for their jobs holding them this long. Saleh is a total poser and Douglas I don’t think really watches football.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Reddick’s math ain’t mathing lol

Exactly.  This is why Im not on the side of "kill JD for this move" - JD weighed the logical scenarios and made this deal.  I do not think that they could have forseen the player making one of the most ill-advised decisions of any player in the past 10+ years.

Reddick could have come in, made $15 million, played on an excellent defense where he could have likely gotten double digit sacks and singed a for a good number in free agency for his last contract.  Now he is trending towards dipping below the $15 million he could have made, is ruining his reputation, increasing his chance of having a bad 2024 season (or NO 2024 season) and lowering his value for 2025 every day.  Its mind boggling that he is doing this.

If we win 28-7 today and the defense gets 4 sacks (which is not crazy given how much the titans OL struggled last week) what leverage does Reddick have?

Exactly.  This is why Im not on the side of "kill JD for this move" - JD weighed the logical scenarios and made this deal.  I do not think that they could have forseen the player making one of the most ill-advised decisions of any player in the past 10+ years.
Reddick could have come in, made $15 million, played on an excellent defense where he could have likely gotten double digit sacks and singed a for a good number in free agency for his last contract.  Now he is trending towards dipping below the $15 million he could have made, is ruining his reputation, increasing his chance of having a bad 2024 season (or NO 2024 season) and lowering his value for 2025 every day.  Its mind boggling that he is doing this.
If we win 28-7 today and the defense gets 4 sacks (which is not crazy given how much the titans OL struggled last week) what leverage does Reddick have?
Yeah pretty much how I see it too ... JD took the pot odds.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Reddick’s math ain’t mathing lol

He won’t hold out the whole season. At worst he will come in with 6 games remaining. Of course who knows what we can expect from him on the field after missing so much time. He will likely get injured or maybe fake an injury and get to FA. I highly doubt any team would give him a lucrative long term contract. He will likely get a one year incentive laden contract after forfeiting millions this season.

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh/Douglas when you consider length of time here and record, is the worst regime we’ve had under Woody. Completely no business holding their jobs. You have to wonder what else is at play to have these two guys who were clearly not equip for their jobs holding them this long. Saleh is a total poser and Douglas I don’t think really watches football.

I think they’re just system-wise. Woody likes employees who will pretend to be his friends. Guys like Tannenbaum and Rex sort of cracked the code on this.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I think they’re just system-wise. Woody likes employees who will pretend to be his friends. Guys like Tannenbaum and Rex sort of cracked the code on this.

Rex getting rehired would be the best outcome for the organization with Woody in charge. He knew how to manage his boss. And he actually likes football.