Garrett Wilson

TuscanyTile2

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4569618/garrett-wilson

image.png.62e218e3d5a1c31c5f8820be3438531d.png

Is it too early to have a slight bit of concern about GW5?  His numbers have been okay but I don't feel like he's been as crisp this year as he has been the previous 2 years.   I realize that he'll probably be just fine but something seems slightly off with him this year (at least so far).

You seen today's game right? Plays literally he made were awesome.

The nice thing for us is it will only get better. Hackett can't ignore Wilson forever.

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You seen today's game right? Plays literally he made were awesome.

The nice thing for us is it will only get better. Hackett can't ignore Wilson forever.

Maybe I have it wrong and it's Hackett, not GW.  I said it doesn't feel like he's kicked it in gear yet while you wrote "Hackett can't ignore Wilson forever" so we've both noticed something

I'm not really concerned about him, btw.  I know full well GW a budding star and one of the best players on the team.  It's just that the NFL season is short and, while he's been productive, he hasn't produced to the level I think we all know he can.

8 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He’s a good second option.  I expect him to take off once Williams is fully healthy and drawing the main coverages.

G Wilson is without doubt the Jets  number 1 wr.  He’s clear number 1 type of wr in the league .   Sneed is just that good a cb .   The Titans got him at fraction of the cost in a trade .( chiefs franchised him)   Just like when you play the Broncos you play cb Pat Surtain - your wr going to have to work for every thing he gets. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Hackett can't ignore Wilson forever.

its not Hackett its Rodgers. 

dont you see every play is going down to zero on the clock? thats because Rodgers is changing the play at the LOS.

it seems that other teams are challenging the Jets to pass it to someone else. this isnt last year, Rodgers can find and throw catchable passes to everybody. soon they will have to respect the other receivers that will open things up for GW.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe I have it wrong and it's Hackett, not GW.  I said it doesn't feel like he's kicked it in gear yet while you wrote "Hackett can't ignore Wilson forever" so we've both noticed something

I'm not really concerned about him, btw.  I know full well GW a budding star and one of the best players on the team.  It's just that the NFL season is short and, while he's been productive, he hasn't produced to the level I think we all know he can.

He’s on pace for 1k yards despite not having any great games and playing two really good defenses and his QB/offense just getting used to playing together. Once he stacks a few good games he’ll be on pace for 1300+ yards and you’ll be happy. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

He’s on pace for 1k yards despite not having any great games and playing two really good defenses and his QB/offense just getting used to playing together. Once he stacks a few good games he’ll be on pace for 1300+ yards and you’ll be happy. 

I'm not "unhappy" with his play, per se.  I just know he's a monster WR and we haven't fully seen that yet.  I agree that he will.  Let's hope it starts on Thursday.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

.I'm not "unhappy" with his play, per se.  I just know he's a monster WR and we haven't fully seen that yet.  I agree that he will.  Let's hope it starts on Thursday.

It probably won’t. Gonzales is a top 5 corner and the Pats will, like they usually do, game plan to take the #1 option away 

G5 is fantastic player and I still expect him to put up career numbers.  I think the challenge the Jets offense is having off the rip, is they dont have that quick twitch, get open in a flash type of player outside of G5 to get open immediately.  Williams and Lazard aint that and Conklin is completely useless.  This is where passing on Brock Bowers for a back-up  LT was borderline criminal.  I'm excited about the future of Olu but Bowers is an immediate star, already the best passing catching TE in the league and a future HOF.  Whereas, Corley is a HUGE question mark if he'll ever be good in this league.  It was already a stretch to assume Corley was going to translate but getting absolutely nothing out of him, is not good. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Huh? Garrett has made some sick catches this year, some huge ones on 3rd and long. It doesn't help that he's really the only WR who can really beat coverage and he receives most of the attention. Having another solid WR who garners some attention would do wonders for his numbers....

I get what you're saying but all top WRs get the same attention and they're producing.

I think it more has to do with that we just aren't throwing and talking shots as much as we'd like. Bottom line he needs to get the ball more.

Doesn't get easier for him though with 2 hard CB matchups these next couple weeks in Gonzalez and Surtain.

I don’t think Wilson is a true deep threat like tyreek or waddle or even digs.  But what he does do is catch the ball and can get enough separation on shorter routes to make himself a great target.  And it will certainly help when the jets do have another capable receiver to take the heat off.  And let’s not forget that the teams they’ve played both have decent pass rushes and secondaries.  Everyone expected the jets to roll over the titans but except for qb play the titans are pretty darn good.  Plus they were home and coming off a loss.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4569618/garrett-wilson

image.png.62e218e3d5a1c31c5f8820be3438531d.png

Is it too early to have a slight bit of concern about GW5?  His numbers have been okay but I don't feel like he's been as crisp this year as he has been the previous 2 years.   I realize that he'll probably be just fine but something seems slightly off with him this year (at least so far).

He doesn’t have Zach throwing to him anymore. He’ll have to make due with what they have.

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

1,000 yards is nothing.  Thats 59 yards a game.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I get what you're saying but all top WRs get the same attention and they're producing.

How many of these guys have a nothing burger lining up opposite them? Lazard is a dolt who can't separate....Mike Williams is working his way back from an ACL tear and not where he needs to be physically yet 

Ask Jamaar Chase how much he misses having Tee Higgins to take some attention away

Jet fans always over rate players-the fact is Joe has assembled once again a poor WR room with no depth and our tight ends are awful

Wilson is a very good wr-he is not not elite yet that is for sure but he is very good -teams know just shut him down and the Jets have nothing-Williams is clearly not healthy(no shock there ) and there is NOBODY behind him

My WR rankings-too early to include  Nabers  but he is there  and Marv Jr may be there soon too

Jefferson

HIll

Lamb

Adams

St Brown

Chase-if he decides he wants to play

Aj Brown

Nico

Puka

Aiyuk

Evans

Godwin

Kupp

Cooper

G Wilson

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Jet fans always over rate players-the fact is Joe has assembled once again a poor WR room with no depth and our tight ends are awful

Wilson is a very good wr-he is not not elite yet that is for sure but he is very good -teams know just shut him down and the Jets have nothing-Williams is clearly not healthy(no shock there ) and there is NOBODY behind him

My WR rankings-too early to include  Nabers  but he is there  and Marv Jr may be there soon too

Jefferson

HIll

Lamb

Adams

St Brown

Chase-if he decides he wants to play

Aj Brown

Nico

Puka

Aiyuk

Evans

Godwin

Kupp

Cooper

G Wilson

Jets fans are quick to overrate players yet you have Nabers on there after two games. Hilarious 

15 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Jets fans are quick to overrate players yet you have Nabers on there after two games. Hilarious 

I said Jet fans over rate players-I DID NOT say quick to over rate and I said it is too early to include Nabers but he is there and he is -

54 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Wilson is not a problem.  Sauce is the problem.  Once the refs stop protecting him he could become a serious liability.  Guy has looked bad in 2 games.

This team has issues but he isn’t playing bad enough to be one. Yesterday’s game was slightly below average for him. And if we take away the long TD pass, then he doesn’t even factor into any discussions about yesterdays game.

For what it’s worth, I also think the blown coverage was a fluke. I looked like he thought the ball was very under thrown and that he had a safety that was covering an under thrown ball. I honestly thought the ball was landing 3 yards short of the receiver when I watched it myself

2 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

This team has issues but he isn’t playing bad enough to be one. Yesterday’s game was slightly below average for him. And if we take away the long TD pass, then he doesn’t even factor into any discussions about yesterdays game.

For what it’s worth, I also think the blown coverage was a fluke. I looked like he thought the ball was very under thrown and that he had a safety that was covering an under thrown ball. I honestly thought the ball was landing 3 yards short of the receiver when I watched it myself

The angle he took on the Ridley end around TD was putrid

22 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

The holding inside the 10 would have been an automatic 1st and goal and stopped the clock.  He mugged the guy and it wasn’t called.  Brutal in that situation.  He’s tackling has also been an isssue.  Guy was bad in both games.

• Thumb Down 1