Victory speech

Bronx

“Family on 3” was the best part.

That and Braelon Allen standing there like a man and acting like he’s been there before. There's a lot to be said for acknowledging the good stuff, but to calm it a great win and not read off the sheet the things that need to improve is not what a professional sports team needs. 

Coaches need to be centered on “here is where and how we get better”. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:

I’m not a pro football player, but my job is not easy.  It’s pretty much chaos for 12 hours everyday, and it requires teamwork to deal with the 500 moving parts and constant curveballs everyday.

When the day is done, and everyone has done their part on the team to take care of our patients all day long, nothing drives home the accomplishment of the successful day better than my boss calling us up and reading off all the things we did wrong that day.

These are human beings not robots, positive emotions and happiness are in fact allowed believe it or not.

no they expect him to be yelling at them for the mistakes and make them go home feeling miserable. 

• Upvote 1

Pacing back and forth as he is addressing the team shows just how uncomfortable he is.   He is not a natural leader and is in way over his head.   Stand tall and center and command the team's attention.  Also, stop fluffing up everything "That's not a good win, that's a great win!!!!"  Give me a break.  

• Upvote 2

Coach Bobby 🤡 framing this as a "great win" is ridiculous and the wrong message.

If they play like that vs any non-Will Levis, non-Bryce Young team, they get their doors blown off.

The problem with always issuing superlatives is the players' don't gain a healthy perspective on where they really are and the work that needs to be done to actually get where they want to go, which is New Orleans in February.

You think Belichick in the Brady years (or Parcells at any time ever) is acting as if they won the Super Bowl after beating Will Levis in week 2? 

It's silly.

Sure, celebrate the win, pat your guys on the back for getting the W, but also frame it in a way so the players clearly understand they have a long way to go.

52 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The cheerleader doll is hilarious!

Saleh might not be a good HC but cheerleading (along with stair running, and slogan formulation) is absolutely one of his areas of expertise!

"Rah Rah, Robert!  Rah Rah!"

"Sis boom bah, Robert!  Sis boom bah!"

SalehClapping.gif.26e2f287c8651681bacb8fa4b3aa88fe.gif

Win one for the Clapper

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

“Family on 3” was the best part.

That and Braelon Allen standing there like a man and acting like he’s been there before. There's a lot to be said for acknowledging the good stuff, but to calm it a great win and not read off the sheet the things that need to improve is not what a professional sports team needs. 

Coaches need to be centered on “here is where and how we get better”. 

i think they have tomorrow and the next day for "here is where and how we get bettter".   nobody wants to hear that after a Road come from behind win.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

I’m not a pro football player, but my job is not easy.  It’s pretty much chaos for 12 hours everyday, and it requires teamwork to deal with the 500 moving parts and constant curveballs everyday.

When the day is done, and everyone has done their part on the team to take care of our patients all day long, nothing drives home the accomplishment of the successful day better than my boss calling us up and reading off all the things we did wrong that day.

These are human beings not robots, positive emotions and happiness are in fact allowed believe it or not.

Haha. Stop equivocating what you do with the culture of a locker room. Sports are different. The psyche of an athlete is different.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i think they have tomorrow and the next day for "here is where and how we get bettter".   nobody wants to hear that after a Road come from behind win.

I don’t think this coaching staff spends tomorrow or the next day on it, either.

I LOVE seeing the guys happy. All the meetings , lifting, running , all the pain, all the strain, all the stress and pressure that they deal with man **** y’all. Going on the road on a short week and the offense drives for a TD and the defense gets a 3rd down sack and 4th down stop to win the game they SHOULD be happy and DESERVE to be happy. 

all the trolls are haters with blue balls because you were hoping to go off on these guys can get on your backs for your teabagging 

• Haha 1