I still can't believe that TD pass vs Sauce/Clark happened

Levis actually reminds me a lot of the Olden days 2000s QBs. He definitely has the arm, can make the throws, is probably an even better runner than the pocket passers of yore...

He just needs time to develop and clean up these crazy mistakes. When he's getting easy open reads he doesn't tend to mess it up. I suspect he will be forced out due to the modern issue with expecting instant success, but I am suspicious he will rally later in his career.

Anyway, it was quite a throw and catch! Part of me was left wondering if sauce let it by on purpose thinking it would be incomplete...

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Levis actually reminds me a lot of the Olden days 2000s QBs. He definitely has the arm, can make the throws, is probably an even better runner than the pocket passers of yore...

He just needs time to develop and clean up these crazy mistakes. When he's getting easy open reads he doesn't tend to mess it up. I suspect he will be forced out due to the modern issue with expecting instant success, but I am suspicious he will rally later in his career.

Anyway, it was quite a throw and catch! Part of me was left wondering if sauce let it by on purpose thinking it would be incomplete...

On live view it looked to me like Sauce saw Clark coming in low and glanced over at him at the worst possible time, maybe wanting to avoid having Clark hit him low?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I said this in the game thread. Sauce was step for step with the guy and the ball landed by his feet where it's not caught probably 99.9% of the time. I'm sure this TD severely damaged his sacred PFF grade though 

FWIW, Saleh hinted at Sauce being somewhat to blame for this play, which I thought was interesting. He probably wanted him to make a play on the ball. 

• Upvote 1

i think the funny thing is if sauce was one step behind the receiver it would have hit him in the back.  and if he had turned his head he might've gotten a hand on it or had an interception.  pretty much just one of those lucky throws and catches.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

FWIW, Saleh hinted at Sauce being somewhat to blame for this play, which I thought was interesting. He probably wanted him to make a play on the ball. 

It looked to me like Sauce saw Clark coming from the side with his arms outstretched and tried to shy away so as to not block Clark’s int attempt.  Clark looked like he was chasing a fly ball - I have to assume Sauce saw this.

Just an awkward play all around.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It looked to me like Sauce saw Clark coming from the side with his arms outstretched and tried to shy away so as to not block Clark’s int attempt.  Clark looked like he was chasing a fly ball - I have to assume Sauce saw this.

That’s how it looked to me too. He didn’t want to collide with Clark coming full speed, and thought Clark was going to intercept or at break it up, so he let up and didn’t focus on the playing the ball. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I think this is exactly right 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I think you are right, but IMO Sauce should not have turned his back to the play and more or less gave up.  He still should have been watching and ready to swat the ball out of the Ridley's hands if Clark missed.

9 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

image.thumb.jpeg.013f0d25079eeed395a58eebde44ca3c.jpeg

• Upvote 1