Timeouts and GW's route running

What occurred in the 3rd quarter with consecutive timeouts? 

This being our third game, some growing pains are expected, yet the mismanagement of time and player rotation is unacceptable. 

Additionally, is GW struggling with route running? The hierarchy may shift if AR and GW don't fully synchronize. Mike Williams, with his precise and sharp receiving skills, might see an increase in targeted passes.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bronx said:

What the hell happened on the 3rd quarter with back-to-back timeouts? 

I know this is our third game and there will still be growing pains, but time management and players rotation are inexcusable. 

Secondly, is GW having issues route running? I think the pecking order will switch down the road if AR and GW are not in total sync.  Mike Williams is the cleanest and sharpest WR and could climb up on targeted attempts. 

Do you just find ways to be negative? They stomped the Pats and GW is being covered by Gonzalez who has been dominate when healthy as a cover corner. 

• Upvote 3

My answer, from another thread:

"Focused on"? No. That was the best game I have seen the Jets play in a LOOOONG time. The score wasn't even indicative of how dominant that win was last night, it felt almost like a scrimmage game, tbh. I haven't seen a Jets team physically and mentally dominate an opponent like that since probably 1998. It felt like the Patriots were never really even in the game after the first quarter. 

So. This is what it's like to root for a team with superior, HOF level QB'ing. I like it. Makes me dislike Patriots and Chiefs (and Packers) fans even more. Those entitled ****s got to watch elite level Football Geniuses carve up and abuse defenses on the regular for years at a time, just expecting wins because of who was running the show and took it for granted, while we've watched them run out JV squad QB's hoping they just don't screw it up. The fact that they won 7 games last year with who was under center is almost a miracle. Remember when Indianapolis lost Manning? A team that was a perennial PO team had to start Curtis Painter (Tank Commander) and were the worst team in the league. Thats the impact this level of player brings. 

We're all so ****ed up from the Jets past, we're hyper-examining everything. Thats all. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Do you just find ways to be negative? They stomped the Pats and GW is being covered by Gonzalez who has been dominate when healthy as a cover corner. 

Yes, my bipolar switch is off.  We get extremely excited when we defeat bad teams. Hold your horses and wait until we beat a good team. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bronx said:

This being our third game, some growing pains are expected, yet the mismanagement of time and player rotation is unacceptable. 

Additionally, is GW struggling with route running? The hierarchy may shift if AR and GW don't fully synchronize. Mike Williams, with his precise and sharp receiving skills, might see an increase in targeted passes.

The timeout usage has been troublesome so far. I figure at least some of it is Rodgers being rusty working the pre-snap changes. Thankfully it hasn't cost us at the end of a game yet, but if it continues, it will eventually cost us. With a HOF QB I expect this to be cleaned up soon.

As for Wilson, I am more concerned with his lack of sideline awareness so far. There have been two sideline balls in the first 3 games that an elite wideout would have got the feet in. He has work to do to elevate to elite status. Hopefully Rodgers can help drive him there.

• Upvote 4

Garett is getting the most precise routes. Hes getting the anticipation throws, the back shoulders and etc. The other WRers are getting more of the slants, curls, and etc. I’m not sure it’s the route running more so that they just aren’t on the same page. Garrett seems to be slightly out of position on a lot of the missed throws. Both he and Rodgers need to get that worked out. Garrett was a step a two away from having a massive game last night.

right after the game, Rodgers finished his interview saying, without being asked, that once he and GW get on the same page, they will do some special things. The eye ball test to me shows a really good WR that was consistently in position to make big catches but the ball wasn’t where Garrett was. I honestly have no concerns about this. Just like I’m not concerned about Mike Williams. Assuming everyone stays healthy, I think both of these guys will be very productive by mid season.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Have you been watching the Jets the last 25 years or so?  We routinely find ways to lose to bad teams.  Or at least make those games closer than they should be....

35 years or so.  It was a nice victory, but let's not overblow things. We knew coming into this season that the Patriots were going to be on rebuild mode and it showed.  You can expect AR to tear apart awful teams like the Patriots.  We can enjoy our victories as fans, but let's not hype this team.  Things will shift with Morgan Moses loss and the coaching staff will probably insert CJ as the captain by default.  

I don't trust Saleh and company. Let's see how far coach Rodgers can lead this team while staying healthy. it's all about AR. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

19 minutes ago, Plen T said:

Garrett Wilson is way better than Mike Will

they’re just not on the same page, Aaron has thrown low to him 5 times now

I don't agree with this statement.  At least from what I've seen so far.  GW can do things MW cannot.  MW can do things GW cannot.  From what I've seen of both MW has better hands.  

• WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

On the timeouts - Saleh and Rodgers have both addressed this. 

Saleh has said twice now that they are giving Rodgers free rein to take the play clock as close to zero as possible on most snaps so that he can maximize his ability to identify what the defense is in. The downside to this is that delay of games are going to happen when he isn't on point. Obviously, Rodgers has to clean this up and be better at always getting the snap off, but that's what's going on. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

On the timeouts - Saleh and Rodgers have both addressed this. 

Saleh has said twice now that they are giving Rodgers free rein to take the play clock as close to zero as possible on most snaps so that he can maximize his ability to identify what the defense is in. The downside to this is that delay of games are going to happen when he isn't on point. Obviously, Rodgers has to clean this up and be better at always getting the snap off, but that's what's going on. 

Do you believe that AR was the one that blew these timeouts knowing Saleh's time management?  I am skeptic about that explanation, but I respect your opinion. 

• More Ugh 1

21 minutes ago, Bronx said:

i don't think it's wilson's route running as much as rodgers just have more people to throw to.  thus far just about all of the receivers have been very reliable and making yards.  rodgers had more than a few off schedule plays last night and that resulted in passes going to conklin or one of the backs.  rodgers and wilson will get their share of hook ups.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bronxy is the d-i-s-e-a-s-e king.  Hes terminal.  He would start of negative thread after a Super Bowl win.  

We beat two really bad teams. Let's wait until we perform against better competition. I might get a wake-up call then. 

• Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, Bronx said:

It's not a mismanagement of time by the coaching staff it's Rodgers taking his time to go through his process and losing track of of the clock.

If this is the teams biggest problem, we are winning a super bowl! Thank you for finally turning into a homer!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Do you believe that AR was the one that blew these timeouts knowing Saleh's time management?  I am skeptic about that explanation, but I respect your opinion. 

Well, Saleh made the decisions to call the timeouts to save the yardage, but if you watch the plays again, Rodgers is sitting under center making checks at the line as the play clock expires . . . 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bronx said:

We beat two really bad teams. Let's wait until we perform against better competition. I might get a wake-up call then. 

You can't have it both ways. You can't expect them to lose to bad teams and then give them no credit when they beat them. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pac said:

Bronx is traumatized from years of bad Jet football.  He's not ready to believe his lying eyes. 

We should rally around him the next couple days to assure him last night wasn't a mirage. 

If he continues this pessimism after they blow out the Broncos, he may need a spiritual cleansing. 

I don't blame him. 

Every old Jets fan I know in real life is as pessimistic as he is and I have gotten more pessimistic every year I watch this team. So I don't get too mad about that stuff anymore. 

• Upvote 3