This Team

Great win last night. Was a fun fun fun fun game to watch.  But we should have BEATEN THEM DOWN 41-0.  Not being insensitive here.  The game was pretty tight going into the 2nd half.  We left a lot of points on the board.  I attribute that to Rodgers still getting in game shape/jelling with his teammates/OL coming together/Hackett learning to be an OC, etc etc etc. But lets look at the facts.  Pats SUCK.  Titans also are self destructive and that game was way to close as far as I'm concerned.  And the 49er's game was just abominable on all levels.  Granted, it was Aaaron's first game in over a year etc. But it was so one sided it was pathetic.  So where is this team really at? Are we really a below average team that will get exposed by the elite teams in NFL? Are we an average team that will squeak out wins against the middle of the road teams? Are we good in the sense that we will bet up the scrubs at the bottom of the pool?

Obviously, this is a work in progress.  We have a portfolio of 3 games to assess where this team is at.  I believe its moving in the right direction and a tell tale sign will be when we play the Bills who we always play tough.  So where is this team?????? And what do we need to see to move forward and be elite?

• Upvote 2

Not sure about this take. This team isn't styled to play high-flying, field stretching, all out offensive football. We dominated the Pats far, far more than the score line suggests. 

This team could drop 41 on a day we score some extra defensive / special teams / broken play TDs. But by and large, these Jets are set up to dominate time of possession & play count, and generally drive the other team into the ground with sustained drives.

Instead of the score line, check out time of possession, total plays run, etc. We did to the Pats what the Niners did to us week 1. They beat us far worse than that 31-19 score line suggested.

• Upvote 2

If the Jets played the 49ers this weekend, I legit think the roles would be reversed.  It was just a tough spot for the Jets and I think they had some wonky formation/personnel stuff they were still figuring out and well, they figured it out but either way...

4-1, here we come! 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Great win last night. Was a fun fun fun fun game to watch.  But we should have BEATEN THEM DOWN 41-0.  Not being insensitive here.  The game was pretty tight going into the 2nd half.  We left a lot of points on the board.  I attribute that to Rodgers still getting in game shape/jelling with his teammates/OL coming together/Hackett learning to be an OC, etc etc etc. But lets look at the facts.  Pats SUCK.  Titans also are self destructive and that game was way to close as far as I'm concerned.  And the 49er's game was just abominable on all levels.  Granted, it was Aaaron's first game in over a year etc. But it was so one sided it was pathetic.  So where is this team really at? Are we really a below average team that will get exposed by the elite teams in NFL? Are we an average team that will squeak out wins against the middle of the road teams? Are we good in the sense that we will bet up the scrubs at the bottom of the pool?

Obviously, this is a work in progress.  We have a portfolio of 3 games to assess where this team is at.  I believe its moving in the right direction and a tell tale sign will be when we play the Bills who we always play tough.  So where is this team?????? And what do we need to see to move forward and be elite?

400+ yards to 129. Over 40 minutes time of possession. Game never in doubt. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slats said:

they opened the season with a win on the road in Cincinnati and took Seattle to overtime on Sunday. They didn’t look like they sucked before the kickoff. They looked like they’d put up a tough game, at the very least. 

This is what I was expecting as well.

I was a little upset Greg missed that kick and Mike Williams couldn't hold onto that TD pass.  Also I believe Rodgers had a rare miss on a deep ball to Wilson.

All in all, they left points on the board and had too many penalties, but for once, they got off to a good start fast and the playcalling/adjusting was good.

Most enjoyable game I've watched in a long time.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

If the Jets played the 49ers this weekend, I legit think the roles would be reversed.  It was just a tough spot for the Jets and I think they had some wonky formation/personnel stuff they were still figuring out and well, they figured it out but either way...

4-1, here we come! 

Vikings are playing very well and run a Shanahan offense which has crushed our D lately. Miami dropped 30+ twice last year and the Niners this year. It will be a good test.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I think after the Bills game.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yes that will be the game to determine where we are at.  The 49er's game was brutal.  Are we that bad? I don't think so. Are we good enough to challenge an elite team.Not yet.   Lot of actors determined the poor play vs. the 49er's.  The Titans game was disappointing IMO. The Titans suck and they took us to the edge and pretty much self-destructed. Again, Jets are still a work in progress.  We manhandled the Pats. Very impressive but they suck. Lets not get carried away here.  Hopefully, we continue to progress when we meet the Bills.

59 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

The game was pretty tight going into the 2nd half.

Did we watch the same game? 

The Pats scored 3 points last night. This game was not close. They looked dreadful. They couldn't run the ball on the Jets they couldn't pass the ball on the Jets and Rodgers was cooking that defense. 

No they didn't run up a 21 point lead in the first half and GZ missed a FG he makes 9 out of 10 times to put them up by 14 at the half. But this game felt like it was in the books by halftime even though the Jets only had an 11 point lead. I mean, it truly felt like the Pats would not score again and Rodgers could score at will.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Did we watch the same game? 

The Pats scored 3 points last night. This game was not close. They looked dreadful. They couldn't run the ball on the Jets they couldn't pass the ball on the Jets and Rodgers was cooking that defense. 

No they didn't run up a 21 point lead in the first half and GZ missed a FG he makes 9 out of 10 times to put them up by 14 at the half. But this game felt like it was in the books by halftime even though the Jets only had an 11 point lead. I mean, it truly felt like the Pats would not score again and Rodgers could score at will.  

The game was close going into the 2nd half when Pats received the kickoff.  Our offense left a lot of points on the board in 1st half. I'd say at least 10 - 14.  It was a very good win. Lot of positives. Not denying that. Seems so many are wearing green colored lenses here.  Just saying we got a lot to improve on.  Look at the clip where Gruden explained this game BEFOREHAND.  He hit the nail on the head. Pats have no passing game. Pats OL is a MESS. And that played out 100% in this game. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

They did last night, sure. But they opened the season with a win on the road in Cincinnati, and took Seattle to overtime on Sunday. They didn’t look like they sucked before the kickoff. They looked like they’d put up a tough game, at the very least. 

Bengals game was WEIRD.  They didnt show up at all. Still cant wrap my head around that one.  Seattle (Geno Smith) cant stand him.  Seahawks are a strange team so dont know what to say about them.  But Pats are NOT a competitive team.  They have no passing game. They are plagued by injuries on defense and OL already.  They traded away their best defender in Judon.  They have a backup QB starting.  They will have a long long long season of futility. 

7 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Bengals game was WEIRD.  They didnt show up at all. Still cant wrap my head around that one.  Seattle (Geno Smith) cant stand him.  Seahawks are a strange team so dont know what to say about them.  But Pats are NOT a competitive team.  They have no passing game. They are plagued by injuries on defense and OL already.  They traded away their best defender in Judon.  They have a backup QB starting.  They will have a long long long season of futility. 

They had 335 yards rushing over the first two weeks of the year. Before the game, that looked like they’d be able to exploit a Jets weakness on defense. They held them to 78 yards. I didn’t bother looking up how many of them came in their last, garbage time drive, but it was a few. 

13 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

The game was close going into the 2nd half when Pats received the kickoff.  Our offense left a lot of points on the board in 1st half. I'd say at least 10 - 14.

We had the ball 4 times in the first half. 2 TD's and a missed FG. The first series was a punt. Are you saying we should have scored a TD in every possession? Dude 😅