The Jets will be in sole posession of 1st place in the AFC East in 5 days

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I was a week off on this.  The bills will get whacked tonight as I predicted.

Next week, the jets will beat the vikings and the bills will lose @Houston.

Sole possession b!tches!!!!

No one is ever wrong on the internet. They just double down and hope for conditions to improve.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You were half right. Not bad honestly. Jets just let you down, Ravens came through. 

Hal right / half wrong ... eh. And hardly going out on a limb predicting a Ravens win. ;-) 

But the unalterable truth is ... Jets will ALWAYS let you down. 

• Upvote 2

I can see this prediction being a week off. Every good team has off games. I'm ready to file the Denver game in an empty drawer as random bad game due to weather. The Jets are almost guaranteed to win vs the Vikings. Sam is not good and he's riding high with the "revenge game" narrative. I think we see the awful Darnold throwing to ghosts on Sunday. Our defense is fantastic and will have him running scared. Aaron will be in a more controlled environment and have his way with the vikings. Im predicting 31- 13 Jets win

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

All jokes aside, the AFC and nfl in general seem completely wide open this year. Outside of the Chiefs who is really feared in the AFC? They also just lost Rice and Brown for the year and Pacheco is out for 8 weeks. Every team including the Jets are dealing with issues, let’s see if they can work thru them, it’s not even October yet. If they’re clicking in December that’s all that matters. 

No, you have to still be in the hunt for December to matter. In case you haven't noticed, we are rarely, if ever, still in the hunt in December. If yesterday was any indication, our season will be over by Halloween, or at least by Thanksgiving, as usual.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, viffer said:

No, you have to still be in the hunt for December to matter. In case you haven't noticed, we are rarely, if ever, still in the hunt in December. If yesterday was any indication, our season will be over by Halloween, or at least by Thanksgiving, as usual.

I mean, I guess that’s an improvement. The last few years it’s been over before we get out of September.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:

I can see this prediction being a week off. Every good team has off games. I'm ready to file the Denver game in an empty drawer as random bad game due to weather. The Jets are almost guaranteed to win vs the Vikings. Sam is not good and he's riding high with the "revenge game" narrative. I think we see the awful Darnold throwing to ghosts on Sunday. Our defense is fantastic and will have him running scared. Aaron will be in a more controlled environment and have his way with the vikings. Im predicting 31- 13 Jets win

“Almost guaranteed….” So then you’ll be wiling to do a 8-1 charity bet straight up on the Jets?

On 9/24/2024 at 8:53 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

I feel like the Ravens are due to play a really good game and the bills are due for a stinker.  Ravens get the nighttime home crowd too.

Accept it jet fans.  Its happening!!!!

On 9/24/2024 at 9:26 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

The Joes will be all over the bills getting points.

I love this line.  Its a sucksr bet.  Ravens will win and it might not be close.

On 9/24/2024 at 9:29 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I actually kind of agree with you on this.  The Ravens are due to get their stuff together and the Bills might be riding a little too high right now.

On 9/24/2024 at 9:32 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

The ravens are battle tested too.  Had to play games in KC and Dallas.

Bills have played nobody yet.

Ravens also got clipped by the Raiders at home.  They are not going to lose 2 in a row in their house.

You rock, JWN!   Helped me out quite a bit this week - lol.

ThePeoplesCaptain.png.60216f261ee0ab7091c055949aaaa043.png

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, viffer said:

I mean I get it you’re frustrated. But saying they won’t be in the hunt because they haven’t been in past seasons is just kind of dumb. By that weird logic no team would ever end any playoff or championship drought they had. I don’t think Saleh is a good coach, but any rationale person isn’t calling the season off because they’re 2-2 in a league filled with mediocrity. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You rock, JWN!   Helped me out quite a bit this week - lol.

ThePeoplesCaptain.png.60216f261ee0ab7091c055949aaaa043.png

Doesnt the vikes favored by only 2.5 feel very similiar?

I feel like the vikes should be favored by a td minimum.

I think the Joes are going to hammer the vikes and the sharp money will be on the jets.

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Doesnt the vikes favored by only 2.5 feel very similiar?

I feel like the vikes should be favored by a td minimum.

I think the Joes are going to hammer the vikes and the sharp money will be on the jets.

Possibly but it's not quite the same thing for me.  The Ravens are a good team with a top tier HC/QB, who had a rough start to the season.  IIRC, the Bills played some easier games and their 3-0 record might've made them look stronger than they really were.

I could definitely see the Jets having a bounce-back game that nobody expects but I just don't trust our CS at all.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Possibly but it's not quite the same thing for me.  The Ravens are a good team with a top tier HC/QB, who had a rough start to the season.  IIRC, the Bills played some easier games and their 3-0 record might've made them look stronger than they really were.

I could definitely see the Jets having a bounce-back game that nobody expects but I just don't trust our CS at all.

Vegas does with that line.

• 2 weeks later...

I called it back on September 24th.  Now I might have been a few weeks off, but thats ok.

Sole possession of 1st place in the AFC East is on the line today.  

Can we win this game tonight?  Are we man enough to win this game tonight?

The answer is yes!  See you at 11:30pm EST tonight for the glorious celebration!!!!

Its happening jet fans!!!!

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I called it back on September 24th.  Now I might have been a few weeks off, but thats ok.

The answer is yes!  See you at 11:30pm EST tonight for the glorious celebration!!!!

WnwdHlS.gif.7323fdb86365340795066b913db21e18.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are priceless 

crazy sob but entertainment none the less

@i remember shea please do not besmirch this man again

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is how Jackson Pollock got his start.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

3 weeks in a row aaron rodgers had the ball w/ a chance to put us in sole possession of 1st place.  And 3 weeks in a row he failed to get us a W.

Damn you Rodgers!!!!!!  You ruined my prediction.

13-4 baby!

• Haha 2