Has Davante Adams Played His Last Snap as a Raider?

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't think it will all of a sudden make the offense top tier but it will make it better.  Better is good.  Not worth a 2nd, but a 4th sure.  Trading Reddick for him, sure.

I think Wilson's issue is simply he's not on the same page as Rodgers.  When you see many throws going to Wilson that aren't close - there's something off on timing/route running.

Wilson still has all the talent, it just might take some time for them to get aligned.  Adams buys them some time.  

Offense takes a step up with Adams - and then when G Wilson gets aligned with Rodgers you take another step.

At least that would be my theory for making a move like this.  

A 4th rounder would be a no-brainer.  A 2nd rounder I don't really want to part with.  Then again, are we "all in" this year or not?  And are we keeping JD or not?  I don't want a failed attempt at a deep playoff run this year to potentially affect our next GM's ability to rebuild.  But there are never guarantees so it's always going to be a calculated gamble.  Let's hope we get a break and his cost isn't as prohibitive as we're expecting.  I could definitely see the Chefs or Bills wanting him though and driving up his price. 

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A 4th rounder would be a no-brainer.  A 2nd rounder I don't really want to part with.  Then again, are we "all in" this year or not?  And are we keeping JD or not?  I don't want a failed attempt at a deep playoff run this year to potentially affect our next GM's ability to rebuild.  But there are never guarantees so it's always going to be a calculated gamble.  Let's hope we get a break and his cost isn't as prohibitive as we're expecting.  I could definitely see the Chefs or Bills wanting him though and driving up his price. 

Yeah, I think any type of run is a long shot.  Which is why a 4th makes sense but a 2nd doesn't.  If I thought this team had the talent to make a SB run - then I would have no problem giving up the 2nd.  

But for a 4th, to make the team more interesting this year - make a run at a playoff spot and you never know.

But to your point,  Bills and Chiefs do have a legitimate shot at making a run - so a 2nd is likely worth it for them.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Reading the board this week? 

No. Seems most of the board has hard-turned on G. Wilson this year and now think sucks, is lazy, isn’t a good WR, whines, etc.

I think that’s wrong but /shrug, it won’t stop everyone thinking they can just get Adam’s and this mediocre O will suddenly be top tier like in Rodgers heyday. 

I meant more so, do we care how he feels about adding Adams?  Like, if his reaction is what you described to the team supposedly getting better and him learning from a future HOF'er, it might kind of confirm some of those feeling toward him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I meant more so, do we care how he feels about adding Adams?  Like, if his reaction is what you described to the team supposedly getting better and him learning from a future HOF'er, it might kind of confirm some of those feeling toward him.

It'll confirm he is an NFL WR in 2024, that's about it. 

There is no #1 WR in the NFL who would take his team replacing him mid-season (4 games in, one a monsoon) with here-for-a-moment Rodgers' disgruntled ex-Packers big-$$ buddy, and be ok/team player about it.

Not one WR in the league takes that demotion in stride.  Not one.

But this fanbase is as hyper-reactionary as any other, lol.  Four weeks ago the forum was filled with "Wilson, Hall and Sauce are amazing, best in the NFL, how can we possibly afford to pay for them all! Best draft ever!" talk, and now it "**** Wilson, he's a JAG, should be the #3 or #4 WR at best" and "Should Allen start over Hall, maybe Hall needs Benched" talk, with Sauce (the worst playing of the three IMO this season, a guy with no INT and whose been burned for a TD almost every game if I recall) getting a complete pass, lol.  

4 games.  1 a Monsoon.  With a very much underperforming O-line and a Rodgers clearly not throwing his best, no matter what his fanboi's want to believe.  But it's all our best O-skill talents fault, because (lets be honest) no one here will ever blame A. Rodgers when he throws a wounded duck pass to where G. Wilson isn't, because it simply must be Wilson's fault, not old man Rodgers hit-addled brain simply throwing a *gasp!* bad pass or expecting a WR to be somewhere he isn't because he doesn't read Rodger's mind just yet.  

It's all good.  As I said in another thread, Wilson isn't really miles off his normal annual stat projection thus far, despite the slow/wet start by this middling Offense as a whole, and Rodgers favoring his buddy "The Quitter" Lazard.  One or two of those close sideline catches get his toes in, and he's pretty right right on point to past years despite the ball getting spread around a lot more.  I fully expect Wilson will finish this season just fine as a WR, and maybe the forum will turn again and like him again.

Or maybe JD sells the farm, acquires Adams, it doesn't fix anything, and we're still blowing this all up at year end, except Wilson likely ends up somewhere else next year and we're saddled with Adams big $$ for a couple years, lol.  Who knows.

There is no one action savior for 2024.  The whole O needs to be better, starting at the top (Hackett and Rodgers).

• Post of the Week 1

this is a no brainer-JOE you went all in on a 40 year old QB and the offense is bad-if the jets dont make the playoffs you are fired-make the deal

Joe wasted a 3rd round pick on Corley -if he values him as a 3rd round talent then he should have NO PROBLEM giving up a 2nd for him-

I would offer them a 2nd round pick for Devanante -no brainer-I mean Joe used a second on Mims.....

16 minutes ago, King P said:

Who's QB will big time matter to him.

Fields he's not signing up for.

Even Jackson for BAL who's a great QB I doubt he wants to play with. Because Jackson isn't exactly this great passer. It's his intangibles that make him great.

Adams will want to go to where there's a good QB and by that I mean thrower of the football. So that eliminates A LOT of teams.

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is no #1 WR in the NFL who would take his team replacing him mid-season (4 games in, one a monsoon) with here-for-a-moment Rodgers' disgruntled ex-Packers big-$$ buddy, and be ok/team player about it.

But this fanbase is as hyper-reactionary as any other, lol.  Four weeks ago the forum was filled with "Wilson, Hall and Sauce are amazing, best in the NFL, how can we possibly afford to pay for them all! Best draft ever!" talk, and now it "**** Wilson, he's a JAG, should be the #3 or #4 WR at best" and "Should Allen start over Hall, maybe Hall needs Benched" talk, with Sauce (the worst playing of the three IMO this season, a guy with no INT and whose been burned for a TD almost every game if I recall) getting a complete pass, lol.  

4 games.  1 a Monsoon.  With a very much underperforming O-line and a Rodgers clearly not throwing his best, no matter what his fanboi's want to believe.  But it's all our best O-skill talents fault, because (lets be honest) no one here will ever blame A. Rodgers when he throws a wounded duck pass to where G. Wilson isn't, because it simply must be Wilson's fault, not old man Rodgers hit-addled brain simply throwing a *gasp!* bad pass or expecting a WR to be somewhere he isn't because he doesn't read Rodger's mind just yet.  

It's all good.  As I said in another thread, Wilson isn't really miles off his normal annual stat projection thus far, despite the slow/wet start by this middling Offense as a whole, and Rodgers favoring his buddy "The Quitter" Lazard.  One or two of those close sideline catches get his toes in, and he's pretty right right on point to past years despite the ball getting spread around a lot more.  I fully expect Wilson will finish this season just fine as a WR, and maybe the forum will turn again and like him again.

Or maybe JD sells the farm, acquires Adams, it doesn't fix anything, and we're still blowing this all up at year end, except Wilson likely ends up somewhere else next year and we're saddled with Adams big $$ for a couple years, lol.  Who knows.

There is no one action savior for 2024.  The whole O needs to be better, starting at the top (Hackett and Rodgers).

Add to this Rodgers is one leg tackle away from season ending injury

Rodgers goes down I’m sure Devante will love being here

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, I think any type of run is a long shot.  Which is why a 4th makes sense but a 2nd doesn't.  If I thought this team had the talent to make a SB run - then I would have no problem giving up the 2nd.  

But for a 4th, to make the team more interesting this year - make a run at a playoff spot and you never know.

But to your point,  Bills and Chiefs do have a legitimate shot at making a run - so a 2nd is likely worth it for them.

and a 2nd round for them could be pick #63 or 64. 

running out of years fellas and want to see 1 more before time is up

If it is a 2nd rounder, so be it and get it done.

For you young guys and worried about picks and the future, sorry but it is all about me and the others with 50+ waiting.

If you get to see one this or next year you can deal with another 50.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My optimistic way of thinking is that we have a deal in place. But to trade for Adams today with us traveling to London tomorrow just doesn't make sense. We'd have to pay him a mill to not play for us

So i think we have a deal in place for late Sunday or Monday a trade to be announced between us 2.

DALLE2024-10-0210_35.12-ArealisticimageofafootballplayerresemblingDavanteAdamswearinga17NewYorkJetsjerseyparachutingintoafootballgame.Thesettingisa.thumb.webp.79bf1f60f71020825e8c70d0f581745c.webp

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Dude rodgers is a couple tackles away from the PUP list.

Did you guys not see rodgers 40 yr old self limping around last Sunday??? How can you guys not see the writing that’s all over the wall ??

Garret Wilson is already frustrated I’m sure a demotion and another Rodger butt buddy is healthy for morale

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Dude rodgers is a couple tackles away from the PUP list.

Did you guys not see rodgers 40 yr old self limping around last Sunday??? How can you guys not see the writing that’s all over the wall ??

Garret Wilson is already frustrated I’m sure a demotion and another Rodger butt buddy is healthy for morale

guessing he'll be on the injury report this week. 

I doubt GW is a huge bitch. Adams improves the team, obviously.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I wouldnt view signing a 32 year old WR as replacing anyone and I would be surprised if Garret Wilson felt that way.  Adams isnt a long term fixture here if they traded for him, it would be to simply maximize the Rodgers window. Wilson is a long term fixture and trading for Adams doesnt change that fact. 

Why wouldnt Garrett Wilson want the Jets to be a better team?  Why wouldnt he want the WR room to be better?  Why wouldnt he be excited about learning from a future HOF'er who was considered the best WR in the game for many years?  This a player who in college, played w/ 4, 1st round WR's.  I would think he understands that he could benefit from Adams presence.  I do think there is an obvious disconnect going on right now between Rodgers and Wilson, I'm not pointing the finger as to who is to blame but I think t's fair to lean on the side of Rodgers considering his experience in this league.

The offense had a bad game but otherwise, they've scored 3 TD's in every other game, the OL has been protecting well and they Jets have been able to move the ball well at times.  They've had 4 drives, longer than any drives they've had in the last 3 years.  So I'm not saying it's middling....it is...but I think Adams could 100% help make it better and I dont think Garret Wilson should feel anyway other than excited about it.

• Upvote 1