The Jets should trade Sauce Gardner

2 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

It’s easy to say it wasn’t a big hit watching from your sofa, I can tell you he didn’t want to go into the tent and wanted to go back out but the medical staff insisted he go in. Echols did well in his place 

He’s rail thin. 

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

First, I think Sauce is a great corner and a good dude, but I also think the Jets have to think about a future wherein they don’t make the playoffs with Rodgers and he bails. I do not want to pay Sauce and Garrett and Breece and Jermaine Johnson and, of those, Sauce is the most expendable. 

The going rate for a CB is currently around $25 mil per and a CB is only worth that if they’re truly lockdown in man to man *or* they produce a bunch of turnovers in zone. Sauce, in this defense, does neither. Brandin Echols and DJ Reed have both outplayed him this year. Sauce is expendable and soon to be expensive.

The Bengals need CB help in the worst way and they’re also 1-4. Maybe a Sauce for Tee Higgins trade makes sense? Maybe Sauce to the Raiders for Davante and picks? There’ll be a market for him, regardless. 

I want to see a DC that will put him on the #1 WR every game.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I want to see a DC that will put him on the #1 WR every game.

That’s a good idea in theory but in reality Jefferson ate him up today when he was on him.

• Upvote 1

Out of sauce, Garret Wilson, Breece and Jermaine Johnson. The guy you think we should get rid of is sauce? 

The guy you don’t extend is Breece hall. RBs are easily replaceable and he has already been replaced by Allen who has clearly been the better rb this year.

Jermaine Johnson is solid but nothing special. I’d have no problem letting him walk. 

sauce had a few bullsh*t penalties today.  1 or 2 were legit. Another 1 or 2 were completely bogus. Hes a lot better than dj reed. Not sure what yall are watching. 

sauce has given up like 4 tds in 3 seasons and yall want to get rid of him lol. 😂 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Not going there right now on Sauce. Not yet. I'd dont see an issue with his play. 

Jets pass defense is doing a good job despite a weak pass rush. I dont see Sauce getting beat much aside from Ridleys lucky TD catch. 

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

Not going there right now on Sauce. Not yet. I'd dont see an issue with his play. 

Jets pass defense is doing a good job despite a weak pass rush. I dont see Sauce getting beat much aside from Ridleys lucky TD catch. 

They don’t have Gardner guarding anyone. They’ve been able to juice his coverage “stats” by him guarding a spot and not a player. He never gets targeted because he’s running around playing air. JJ had him in a blender the few plays he was on him. He’s  a liability in space on outside runs. Just a sh*tty football player at all levels. And he’s tapped out twice this season because teams now know he doesn’t want to tackle. I can’t wait for him to be off the roster. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

First, I think Sauce is a great corner and a good dude, but I also think the Jets have to think about a future wherein they don’t make the playoffs with Rodgers and he bails. I do not want to pay Sauce and Garrett and Breece and Jermaine Johnson and, of those, Sauce is the most expendable. 

The going rate for a CB is currently around $25 mil per and a CB is only worth that if they’re truly lockdown in man to man *or* they produce a bunch of turnovers in zone. Sauce, in this defense, does neither. Brandin Echols and DJ Reed have both outplayed him this year. Sauce is expendable and soon to be expensive.

The Bengals need CB help in the worst way and they’re also 1-4. Maybe a Sauce for Tee Higgins trade makes sense? Maybe Sauce to the Raiders for Davante and picks? There’ll be a market for him, regardless. 

If he is so ineffective and playing poorly, he isn't going to get a $25 million per contract.  The answer isn't to trade one of your better players because the HC is an idiot.  You get rid of the idiot and run a D scheme that takes advantage of Sauce's ability and talent.

1 minute ago, JKlecko said:

If he is so ineffective and playing poorly, he isn't going to get a $25 million per contract.  The answer isn't to trade one of your better players because the HC is an idiot.  You get rid of the idiot and run a D scheme that takes advantage of Sauce's ability and talent.

I think teams see he runs like a baby deer navigating a frozen pond. The staff sees the film on Sauce- whether they’re allowed to do something about it is a different story. 

Out of sauce, Garret Wilson, Breece and Jermaine Johnson. The guy you think we should get rid of is sauce? 
The guy you don’t extend is Breece hall. RBs are easily replaceable and he has already been replaced by Allen who has clearly been the better rb this year.
Jermaine Johnson is solid but nothing special. I’d have no problem letting him walk. 
sauce had a few bullsh*t penalties today.  1 or 2 were legit. Another 1 or 2 were completely bogus. Hes a lot better than dj reed. Not sure what yall are watching. 
sauce has given up like 4 tds in 3 seasons and yall want to get rid of him lol.  

Not a great day from Sauce
But DJ Reed from what I watched today he was playing well out there

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They don’t have Gardner guarding anyone. They’ve been able to juice his coverage “stats” by him guarding a spot and not a player. He never gets targeted because he’s running around playing air. JJ had him in a blender the few plays he was on him. He’s  a liability in space on outside runs. Just a sh*tty football player at all levels. And he’s tapped out twice this season because teams now know he doesn’t want to tackle. I can’t wait for him to be off the roster. 

He's weak in run support, I agree but I'm unfortunatelty OK with that. We dont need him getting 5 concussions by age 27 and retiring. 

Your other point has merit but thats on the coaches IMO. Sauce is still eliminating his portion of the field wherever he roams, essentially. JMO. 

Coaches need to let him follow people, pass rush needs to get to the QB faster. 

I suppose they can consider trading him for multiple 1st rd picks but I dont see him as a problem on the team, either. 

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What would you get for a good corner like Sauce who is going to command a huge contract and he isnt a playmaker?

I would not give a 1st for that.

For a 1st round pick, I need that player to get turnovers.

We got 2 1st for a blitzing safety that couldn't cover.

You'll get 2 1's for a lock down corner in his prime.  I have no doubt about it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

He's weak in run support, I agree but I'm unfortunatelty OK with that. We dont need him getting 5 concussions by age 27 and retiring. 

Your other point has merit but thats on the coaches IMO. Sauce is still eliminating his portion of the field wherever he roams, essentially. JMO. 

Coaches need to let him follow people, pass rush needs to get to the QB faster. 

I suppose they can consider trading him for multiple 1st rd picks but I dont see him as a problem on the team, either. 

The Jets and Saleh play the Seattle Pete Carroll zone. I don’t think Sauce is capable of shadowing receivers as he’s a clunky runner, but he was never going to be that guy in this defense. Kind of why the pick was odd (and likely heavy influenced by Woody) as Hughes was convinced the Jets were taking the tackle from NC State- who’s also a bust lol.

I wouldnt hate it.  He's a huge pusswah and he's not lock down enough to make up for the fake he cant create at turnover to save his life.  I do wonder what this "talent" would look like w/ good coaching but either way, it's not a bad idea because he's certainly not worth what he thinks he's worth.

You think Sauce is a bad football player?

1 minute ago, mfmartin said:

You think Sauce is a bad football player? emoji23.png

Complete liability that coaches have sniffed out. You run right at him and he taps out. He runs weird, zero ball skills, never looks back at the ball. Echols should be playing over him. At least he can break down and form tackle.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Complete liability that coaches have sniffed out. You run right at him and he taps out. He runs weird, zero ball skills, never looks back at the ball. Echols should be playing over him. At least he can break down and form tackle.

Echols is a play maker.  Kid is always around the ball and gets his team turnovers.  Its a skill that cannot be taught.  And he has it.  Great nose for the ball.

][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6]" timestamp="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" name="Joe W. Namath" userid="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6]"] I think Sauce is a good corner.  Patrick Surtain is a great corner.  He had ints today and one was a pick [emoji6].
Sauce could never do that in a million years.  Hes not a play maker.

You have to get the ball thrown at you to get picks

][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]]" timestamp="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6]" name="Matt[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" userid="[emoji6][emoji6]"] Complete liability that coaches have sniffed out. You run right at him and he taps out. He runs weird, zero ball skills, never looks back at the ball. Echols should be playing over him. At least he can break down and form tackle.

No he shouldn’t.

I'd be happy to trade Sauce and believe he will command two first-round picks. You don’t pay a zone corner who doesn’t create turnovers, but some team will likely ante up.

Sauce struggles in man coverage against high-end receivers, doesn't tackle well, and hasn't created turnovers. He tends to be overly handsy and is finally getting called for pass interference.

He's not on the same planet as Revis.