Lose on MNF - 2025 Rebuild and a Path Forward

It’s obvious we aren’t a Super Bowl contender this year and most likely won’t be next year. The reasons why are endlessly debatable. 

So now we look to 2025 and the worst part about it is we are in for a full rebuild. Yes we have some young pieces but they are a bit overrated honestly. Does Sauce, Breece, GW5 REALLY deserves the $ they will be commanding? I don’t think any of them are worth the asking price honestly but we’ll have to pay up somewhere.

New coach, probably new GM, and probably will need a new QB. Regardless of how our young core finish out the season, when you need those 3 things then that’s a rebuild. No way to slice it, which of course = we are not close to a Super Bowl next year.

ONLY HOPE…as I see it.

1. Hopefully develop some identity and progress on offense with AR8. Can he hold up? Can he get better? I think our best bet is having him back next year with a new coaching staff, have a rookie drafted QB sit behind him for a year. Hopefully some chemistry with GW5 + Breece is developed that can continue into next year.

2. This almost certainly will not happen - if Rodgers continues as he’s played the last 2 weeks….bench him. Use injury as an excuse if you have to. But it is imperative we know for certain what we have on offense worth keeping or not for next year. That includes every playmakers and lineman. Put in Tyrod if you need to. But this display cannot continue. Again this will almost certainly not happen but it is necessary if Rodgers doesn’t start playing well.

If you can accomplish one of the two options and you feel good about our young players due for big $ finishing the season then at least the next coach has something to work with. Maybe Rodgers is stronger next year or a new QB has a better situation to start into.

Unless we win Monday Night this season is lost. I will resign to the fact that we are missing the playoffs (again forever) and will only watch in hopes of player development (all before Halloween again).

I think it is very telling that Rodgers had the ball in his hands the last 2 games to win the game and couldn’t get it done. This is why we traded for him…for those moments. If he can’t do it in those moments then why is he here? Change the narrative Monday at home, on National TV.

Another loss and we’re cooked and we look forward to a rebuild (again).

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

After all these years of bad football it's amazing that we're on the cusp of yet another complete rebuild.

Right and that’s the crux of my post. How this was supposed to be (and marketed as) a Super Bowl season.

Yet another couple of losses and that goes out the window, yet we won’t be a piece or two away from contending next year. It would be ANOTHER complete overhaul, which puts us back on to another regime timeline of “4-5 years” of excuses.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

After all these years of bad football it's amazing that we're on the cusp of yet another complete rebuild.

The Bowles/Mac years were horrible and they somehow just kept getting worse. More resources used with even less results. Complete disaster decade. 10 seasons of futility and incompetence spanning 2 regimes with a Gase in the middle. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Right and that’s the crux of my post. How this was supposed to be (and marketed as) a Super Bowl season.

Yet another couple of losses and that goes out the window, yet we won’t be a piece or two away from contending next year. It would be ANOTHER complete overhaul, which puts us back on to another regime timeline of “4-5 years” of excuses.

“Sustainable success” is all that fat piece of sh*t preached and this clearly isn’t it. Desperation shortcuts to still end up at the same place and set us up poorly for the future. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

If they lose against the bills. I’m not watching another game from this regime. I’ll gladly watch a new regime that is rebuilding for player development but not 1 more second of this JD/SALAD nightmare. 

The Denver and Minnesota games were literally like watching any game with Zack Wilson or Mike White.

Defense playing good (yet still can’t make a massive turnover to take over the game).

QB throwing picks, teasing a comeback, only to ultimately fail. It’s the same exact game we’ve watched every year since Saleh has been here.

• Upvote 1

Jets Fans.   If we win, we're in first place in AFCE, and people think we're going to the super bowl?   But if we lose, this team needs to be torn down to the studs.   

The bottom line is that outside of the chiefs, there just aren't a lot of football teams out there that you can look at and say 'These guys are going on a tear'.  

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

“Sustainable success” is all that fat piece of sh*t preached and this clearly isn’t it. Desperation shortcuts to still end up at the same place and set us up poorly for the future. 

We have have 1 good WR on our roster coming back next year and he will want Jamar Chase money (that even Chase isn’t getting) and won’t be worth it.

Our two starting OTs will be gone.

Our TEs are awful and gone.

Our pets heads are falling off!!!

• Haha 1

If G5 was on the Rams, there's no doubt in my mind he'd look like prime Kupp and rookie year Nacua.

Somehow on this team Breece looks washed at age 25.

Breece and Sauce both look unmotivated, legit disinterested in playing football.  

They look like someone took Mekhi Becton's soul and implanted it into their bodies.

Quinnen has been invisible.  The head coach says nothing, does nothing.

Meanwhile, you've got self-motivated guys like DJR and Quincy flying around making plays, showing emotion, hustling, giving their all, etc.

The head coach sets the tone and the standard for the entire organization.

It's insane.

1 minute ago, Edgy said:

Jets Fans.   If we win, we're in first place in AFCE, and people think we're going to the super bowl?   But if we lose, this team needs to be torn down to the studs.   

The bottom line is that outside of the chiefs, there just aren't a lot of football teams out there that you can look at and say 'These guys are going on a tear'.  

I didn’t think we were a Super Bowl team (due to coaching) this entire offseason. I did think with the talent we have though that we should easily make the playoffs and probably win the division.

However here we are 2-3. We needed to beat Denver and Minnesota to have some room for error which is now gone.

We are in a position now where we most likely have to win the next 2 games. No excuses, no moral victories. Win the next 2 games. Even just winning 1 isn’t going to move to needle in my opinion. 

Can we please let them play 8 games before we make any declarations? I appreciate your efforts here, but I believe this team will come together and be tough to beat. Buffalo looked way worse than us the last two weeks. It matters how we come together - all of our really good teams had records like this before we went on a run. There is not one team in the AFC that is separating themselves with a high level of play. We win 3 games in a row and everyone will be talking about Super Bowl. It's a marathon, not a sprint this year. Let's end the season playing our best and see where we are. A team with 9 wins will get in the playoffs this year, maybe 2.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If G5 was on the Rams, there's no doubt in my mind he'd look like prime Kupp and rookie year Nacua.

Somehow on this team Breece looks washed at age 25.

Breece and Sauce both look unmotivated and disinterested in playing football.  

They look like someone took Mekhi Becton's soul and implanted it into their bodies.

Quinnen has been invisible.  The head coach says nothing, does nothing.

Meanwhile, you've got self-motivated guys like DJR and Quincy flying around making plays, showing emotion, caring about football, etc.

It's insane.

Agree with all and at some point you have to find the common denominator.

To me, it’s the Head Coach. Look at all of this young talented that is undeveloped/zombie-like/invisible. 

There is a massive accountability, culture, and motivation issue here.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

We have have 1 good WR on our roster coming back next year and he will want Jamar Chase money (that even Chase isn’t getting) and won’t be worth it.

Our two starting OTs will be gone.

Our TEs are awful and gone.

Our pets heads are falling off!!!

Joe Douglas passed on Isaiah Likely for Jeremy Ruckert 🤣

If things go south this year, give me Kevin Stefanski.  I think he'll either want out of Clev or get fired due to the whole Watson situation.  But he's a great offensive mind and a two-time coach of the year caught up in a bad situation.  He would be a great hire if he becomes available of course.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Greensleeves said:

Can we please let them play 8 games before we make any declarations? I appreciate your efforts here, but I believe this team will come together and be tough to beat. Buffalo looked way worse than us the last two weeks. It matters how we come together - all of our really good teams had records like this before we went on a run. There is not one team in the AFC that is separating themselves with a high level of play. We win 3 games in a row and everyone will be talking about Super Bowl. It's a marathon, not a sprint this year. Let's end the season playing our best and see where we are. A team with 9 wins will get in the playoffs this year, maybe 2.

I tend to think this way most season this early in the year but this year is different and exactly what the team force fed the fan base all year. 

I thought the Denver game was an absolute embarrassment but look those games happen. However, good teams win the next one to erase it. They needed to beat Minnesota and they didn’t, simple.

But to your point and this is why I added it in my original post…beat Buffalo, simple. Change the mood and beat Buffalo (at home on MNF). These aren’t the Bills from 2, 3, 4 years ago. They’re good not great.

Win or I can’t really see a path to look forward to for 2024.

• Woody should torn it down 2 years ago.   But he was tempted to stay the course with AR8. 
  • From what we see now, this was never a Super Bowl team.  Drawing the Vikings were was tough, but this should be a 3-2 team, not a 2-3 team.  So if they can beat a team they were supposed to lose to (which could have been the Vikings-they are not an AFC playoff team if they lose to Denver, unless they can beat someone else.  
  • This team will not throw in the towel until they lose 8 or 9 games.  They could be halfway there on Monday.   The Jets actually play Buffalo tight-the Jets D is a tough match up for the Bills/Josh Allen because of our LB play.  
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Agree with all and at some point you have to find the common denominator.

To me, it’s the Head Coach. Look at all of this young talented that is undeveloped/zombie-like/invisible. 

There is a massive accountability, culture, and motivation issue here.

Among Saleh's many mistakes and missteps, I think an overlooked one was him publicly speaking about how one of his goals was to get his players paid.

I mean:

1)  It's dumb from an organizational POV because it runs counter to your GM's ability to build a competitive team in a salary cap era.  For decades, Belichick and NE were able to persuade Brady to accept well below-market salary in order to help the team build / assemble / retain enough talent across the roster.

2)  The players hear this from their head coach, their "leader", and they start thinking -- if they weren't already -- more about their own business interests than about team goals.

3)  The smart head coaches obviously also understand all players want to get paid, but the way to spin it is to point to cases like Deion Branch or other guys on Super Bowl winning teams who got overpaid as a result:  "guys, if we achieve our goals as a team, all of the individual goals will take care of themselves."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:
  • Woody should torn it down 2 years ago.   But he was tempted to stay the course with AR8. 
  • From what we see now, this was never a Super Bowl team.  Drawing the Vikings were was tough, but this should be a 3-2 team, not a 2-3 team.  So if they can beat a team they were supposed to lose to (which could have been the Vikings-they are not an AFC playoff team if they lose to Denver, unless they can beat someone else.  
  • This team will not throw in the towel until they lose 8 or 9 games.  They could be halfway there on Monday.   The Jets actually play Buffalo tight-the Jets D is a tough match up for the Bills/Josh Allen because of our LB play.  

Win the next 2 and we have a season with future winnable games on the schedule. Lose 1 or both and it’s done.

14 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

If they lose against the bills. I’m not watching another game from this regime. I’ll gladly watch a new regime that is rebuilding for player development but not 1 more second of this JD/SALAD nightmare. 

are you sure ??? always remember the commonality between all the failed regime changes.  And that same factor will underpin the next regime.

the jets may very well never see another playoff game until the ownership changes even if the GM and CS change again, and again, and agin.

no rocket science here.  it should be very clear art this point. 

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Among Saleh's many mistakes and missteps, I think an overlooked one was him publicly speaking about how one of his goals was to get his players paid.

I mean:

1)  It's dumb from an organizational POV because it runs counter to your GM's ability to build a competitive team in a salary cap era

2)  The players hear this from their head coach, their "leader", and they start thinking -- if they weren't already -- more about their own business interests than about team goals.

3)  The smart head coaches obviously also understand all players want to get paid, but the way to spin it is to point to cases like Deion Branch or other guys on Super Bowl winning teams who got overpaid as a result:  "guys, if we achieve our goals as a team, all of the individual goals will take care of themselves."

It’s obvious that he is just in over his head as a HC. It’s not even a knock on the guy as he clearly is a fantastic defensive coach and equally good at developing and scouting defensive players. But he does not know how to coach an entire team and lead an organization, clearly. He never should have been brought back.

His rah-rah team friendly shtick would work beautifully in college as a head coach. Honestly if he so desires to keep being a head coach, the college route would be perfect for him. If he wants to stay in the league, DC is his path.

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, dr84 said:

If things go south this year, give me Kevin Stefanski.  I think he'll either want out of Clev or get fired due to the whole Watson situation.  But he's a great offensive mind and a two-time coach of the year caught up in a bad situation.  He would be a great hire if he becomes available of course.

Give me the lions OC

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You know that one massive Hotel in Pyongyang? That huge pyramid building that they constructed but has been completely empty since construction began in 1987? They call it "The Hotel of Doom". 

All images

Construction began in 1987 but was halted in 1992 as North Korea entered a period of economic crisis after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. After 1992, the building stood topped out, but without any windows or interior fittings. In 2008, construction resumed, and the exterior was completed in 2011. The hotel was planned to open in 2012, the centenary of founding leader Kim Il Sung's birth. A partial opening was announced for 2013, but this was cancelled.[5] In 2018, an LED display was fitted to one side, which is used to show propaganda animations and film scenes.[6]

Thats the Jets in a nutshell. THAT is our "rebuild". 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Their HC is very good (not great) and usually has his team ready to play.

Our is top 3 worst in the league.

Roll back the Bills last possession yesterday.   He can't be a good HC.  The NFL is the Peter principle in action but that was putrid. 

12 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It’s obvious that he is just in over his head as a HC. It’s not even a knock on the guy as he clearly is a fantastic defensive coach and equally good at developing and scouting defensive players. But he does not know how to coach an entire team and lead an organization, clearly. He never should have been brought back.

His rah-rah team friendly shtick would work beautifully in college as a head coach. Honestly if he so desires to keep being a head coach, the college route would be perfect for him. If he wants to stay in the league, DC is his path.

He’d be a terrible college coach like hes a terrible pro coach. There are zero positives with Saleh. He’s a guy whos phoned it on by looking the part. His overall knowledge of the game based on what he says and some of the insight from HK, is no further along than a random poster here. Football isn’t that hard. Him and Douglas are not professional level executives. You could replace them with literally anyone and the machine runs  enough by itself to be this bad. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Roll back the Bills last possession yesterday.   He can't be a good HC.  The NFL is the Peter principle in action but that was putrid. 

Agreed but 4 consecutive division titles versus what our guy has produced. He also oversaw the development of an extremely raw QB in Josh Allen who most people wrote off coming out of college.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Walk to a through losing intentionally 

You are in charge

what do you say and to whom ?

If I were the owner looking to tank? I actually don’t think this is the year to tank, but rather ensure whatever young talent we have is evaluated to determine who should be brought back, and build on SOMETHING worth selling to attract new head coaches.

However, if the scenario is to tank then I fire Saleh and Hackett. Then I tell Ulbrich to bench Rodgers due to “injury” or even performance at this point. 

I trade Sauce, Tyron, Mike Williams, and Breece….if I were tanking of course.