Milton

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

y'all seen this maniac?

Ya hes got 1 leg and hes at a concrete pier in a catalina 22 sailboat with minimal bumpers. Its gonna rise a few feet for sure and then this concrete dock will be breaking the bottom of his hull. There is a pretty good chance this guy will drown in a few hours

Yup. Usually, I'd be cooped up in a Fire Station after making sure the family was either buttoned up or out of the area. Glad to be home for this one. Worst place I've ever been to was in the Abaco's after Dorian. It was like the bomb got dropped on them. Went over with the Task Force for relief and USAR Ops. I can't imagine how it is up in NC for those guys right now. 
Just be safe and use common sense brother .. you got this

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Just now, fltflo said:

Fort Myers’s here, we dodged a bullet, but will still feel the effects of the storm. We had tornadoes all around us all day. This fan is hurricane, weary, and on top of it all I worked for Home Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Damn. Get some rest, bro. You guys will get slammed post-storm as well. Stay safe

20 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

My brother is in Vero. He works at Mulligans Beachside... I have a feeling he may be out of work for a lil' bit... 

ugh sorry, i know that joint. hope it just blows thru the east side quick. best of luck.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I am in Sarasota.  House in  Zone D.  

Evac was ordered for A, B and C.  

Still have power.  winds picking up.   Biggest threats are large oak trees and Phillippi Creek surge…

Oh sh*t, man. Hunker DOWN!! Sandbagged or flex tapped?

18 minutes ago, DarthVitreous said:

But good luck to everybody on the west coast. Be safe. 

YARN | It's not the east or the west side (No it's not) | Star Wars ...

LOL. J/K. Hopefully the storm surge isn't as bad as predicted over there. Wind is wind, but as they say, "Hide from wind, RUN from water". 

31 minutes ago, DarthVitreous said:

I live in Vero. Wasn’t too worried but there’s been lots of tornados. My friends house was just hit. 

F*ck.   Have a fishing acquaintance in Sebastian right on the water.   Absurd there is so much tornado action on the Treasure Coast…

My in-law’s place is on the Sarasota Bay side of Longboat Key, on the water along the inter-coastal.  They fled three days ago for Milton after spending time throwing out everything, including their Lincoln Aviator, and having more than half their drywall ripped to the studs.  I have a sick feeling that was an effort in futility and when this over it won’t be standing.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fltflo said:

Fort Myers’s here, we dodged a bullet, but will still feel the effects of the storm. We had tornadoes all around us all day. This fan is hurricane, weary, and on top of it all I worked for Home Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Anything near Estero? My sister is there.