**** OFFICIAL AFCE 1st PLACE JETS v BILLS GAME THREAD ****

Pac

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pure pocket passers don't really work in today's game any longer unless they can make up for it by being awesome in other ways.  Rodgers is supposed to make up for that by having superior timing and accuracy with his receivers.  At 40 and clearly not on the same page with his receivers....still, in Week 6....his skillset isn't enough.

His receivers aren't on HIS page. He is placing the ball where it needs to be, but his receivers are not where the ball is.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Here’s the key problem.  There is no personal accountability.  Plenty of collective accountability, but that only covers over the actual problems.  Players should fear being individually pointed out when it’s they who cause a breakdown, just as they like bringing attention to themselves when they make a good play.  I’m sick of these press conferences  where the only thing said is “we have to get better”.  Duh.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Flipping me off? lol ok tough guy relax.. “routine catch” guy almost had his head taken off 

He’s gotta make that catch. Period . Big time receivers eat that ball up every time . 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pure pocket passers don't really work in today's game any longer unless they can make up for it by being awesome in other ways.  Rodgers is supposed to make up for that by having superior timing and accuracy with his receivers.  At 40 and clearly not on the same page with his receivers....still, in Week 6....his skillset isn't enough.

God forbid you criticize the 40 year old emperor, duck now because some crazed jets fan will attack in 2 sec

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

His receivers aren't on HIS page. He is placing the ball where it needs to be, but his receivers are not where the ball is.

So when are Rodgers and the WRs gonna put in some extra practice work to get this right?  That 10-day mini-bye after the Pats game woulda been good, probably…

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I get you, but at some point.. do you keep chucking knowing they're not on the same page or do you, the veteran HOFer adjust? I don't think hoping they figure it out eventually is a great strategy when there's no "next year" to build for..

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I get you, but at some point.. do you keep chucking knowing they're not on the same page or do you, the veteran HOFer adjust? I don't think hoping they figure it out eventually is a great strategy when there's no "next year" to build for..

Especially not to Mike Williams who was injured all summer.  

Trading for Davante will obviously be the next big move but that f**ker Woody won’t pull the trigger.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Just saying, you can trade Rodgers before the deadline. $10-ish mil cap hit this year, $49 mil next year. He was supposedly considering Vegas and Tennessee before picking the Jets.

He's not gonna go to either of those sh*tshows. Saints would be the only viable place imo if they want to go all in to grab him and devante

One more thing.  Every week I see ex-Jet players having standout and successful seasons elsewhere.  The N.Y. Jets are where football goes to die.  Until that rep changes, we will see this over and over and over again.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jolot said:

He’s gotta make that catch. Period . Big time receivers eat that ball up every time . 

Tough catch but a No. 1 NFL receiver in the NFL makes that catch most of the time.  Wilson is a very good WR.  He needs to make the tough catch.  He came up small in that spot. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Something that I feel has gone unsaid here - Tyron Smith has been so horrible. We might need to play Fashanu.

I think he's allowed 5-6 sacks already? As well as a number of penalties, among the most on the team. Including the hold (dumb as the call was) that ruined the game winning TD today. I wasn't counting on him playing poorly but he seems one of many veteran signings that isn't pulling their weight this year... He needs to be held accountable and possibly benched as bad as anyone

That hold was possibly the dumbest play of the game, and that's saying a lot. He probably would have been OK but after Allen was practically in the end zone he finishes his block and draws even more attention to himself. It wasn't part of the play and cost us the game IMO.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

He's not gonna go to either of those sh*tshows. Saints would be the only viable place imo if they want to go all in to grab him and devante

The Jets have played one decent game this year. Vegas and the Titans would be improvements

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just saying, you can trade Rodgers before the deadline. $10-ish mil cap hit this year, $49 mil next year. He was supposedly considering Vegas and Tennessee before picking the Jets.

So the psychos in the fan base can riot and burn the stadium down? Rodgers and JD still have a strong hold over a large portion of the fan base 

and we all know US the fans control woody mental midget arse

• Haha 2