**** OFFICIAL AFCE 1st PLACE JETS v BILLS GAME THREAD ****

Pac

42 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

JD's tenure has been a total failure.  And this is coming from someone who defended him pretty much the entire way.

Total failure is an understatement.

It's one of the worst tenure's in the history of the sport.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

He came in and took over the team.  It’s his show.  The lack of execution and the contempt for coaching is apparent everywhere.  No question he’s a very talented player.

Watching Ulrich and Downing press conference slobber over Hackett was embarrassing for the organization.

This was the same  before Rodgers. This regime was done as soon as they went 7-4 to 7-10.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This was the same  before Rodgers. This regime was done as soon as they went 7-4 to 7-10.

No the D was good last year.  Saleh had no idea what to do on O but he wanted to bring in another OC after last year.  He was right to want to do it.  He couldn't becuase Rodgers came here to not have to deal with a boss.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Are the penalties and missed field goals on him too? Two missed easy kicks, a dropped touchdown from a first round pick( who almost  blew the other touchdown) and a touchdown taken off the board because of a hold. Rodgers is well beyond his prime but the whole idea here was for him to manage the game and make plays and let the defense be the defense. 

The Jets biggest problem right now are the penalties.

I think the Jets biggest problem is Woody, then it’s the coaching staff, then it’s Douglas blowing 89% of his draft picks. I’m not blaming Rodgers for the Jets problems, but this is like Kevin Garnett on the Nets. He’s a little washed and looking around wondering why everything around him isn’t good anymore.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blowing this whole thing up means the hiring of another Mike Maccagnan.

It's this year or bust.  Win at all costs.  The future sucks goat d**k regardless.

Rex just deserves Woody and Woody deserves Rex. It's as good as either is ever going to do. Just stop fighting the inevitable and give Rex a lifetime contract.

Costume Party Sigh GIF by Halloween Party

The Jets didn’t get Aaron Rodgers to be a “game manager” They got him to win a Super Bowl.

I said it last week, and I’ll say it again. This is the third straight game he got the ball. at the end with a chance to win the game. The Jets have lost all 3. The last two have ended with him throwing an interception on their final play.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Rex just deserves Woody and Woody deserves Rex. It's as good as either is ever going to do. Just stop fighting the inevitable and give Rex a lifetime contract.

Costume Party Sigh GIF by Halloween Party

Bring back Tannenbaum and make Mangini his assistant.  Lethal Weapon 5.

• Haha 1

The Jets didn’t get Aaron Rodgers to be a “game manager” They got him to win a Super Bowl.
I said it last week, and I’ll say it again. This is the third straight game he got the ball. at the end with a chance to win the game. The Jets have lost all 3. The last two have ended with him throwing an interception on their final play.
100% spot on... tim Boyle and Trevor Simean could have had the same results

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

No the D was good last year.  Saleh had no idea what to do on O but he wanted to bring in another OC after last year.  He was right to want to do it.  He couldn't becuase Rodgers came here to not have to deal with a boss.

my opinion only - D last year and this is overrated.

They are good - not very good and surely not great.

They can keep you in a game to a point but they lack impact plays up front and get called for PI (yes some are bad but not all) way too often.

Then you have numerous plays where they simply get beat and the receiver drops the ball or the throw is off - then of course they cross their arms or beat their chest as if they made a play but simply got lucky.

22 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Williams falling down had nothing to do with the INT?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

my opinion only - D last year and this is overrated.

They are good - not very good and surely not great.

They can keep you in a game to a point but they lack impact plays up front and get called for PI (yes some are bad but not all) way too often.

Then you have numerous plays where they simply get beat and the receiver drops the ball or the throw is off - then of course they cross their arms or beat their chest as if they made a play but simply got lucky.

The D last year based on actual NFL football last year was very good.  Not elite great, very good.  It hasn't been very good this year.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re the board’s version of the grumpy old scold who runs out of her house to yell at every neighborhood kid she thinks is playing too close to her lawn.

Just stay inside and watch tv, Margaret.

Yeah that’s me 

You’re trying too hard.  Bringing up the Giants set you off 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Williams falling down had nothing to do with the INT

A lot went wrong on that play.  Rodgers was very late getting the ball to him and underthrew it.  Williams also probabley went the wrong way initially and fell trying to find the ball and get back to the underthrow.  The underthrow actually helped the defender find the ball first. 

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

A lot went wrong on that play.  Rodgers was very late getting the ball to him and underthrew it.  Williams also probabley went the wrong way initially and fell trying to find the ball and get back to the underthrow.  The underthrow actually helped the defender find the ball first. 

It was a desperation, end of game throw to a WR who fell.  A play we’re the defender made a great catch.  
Hard to criticize Rodgers alone for it.   
‘Or the game actually.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It was a desperation, end of game throw to a WR who fell.  A play we’re the defender made a great catch.  
Hard to criticize Rodgers alone for it.   
‘Or the game actually.

Agree.  I watched the play a few times.  He was wide open and Rodgers waited a little too long and underthrew it.  Still an NFL WR has to catch that ball.  A slightly underthrown ball is usually a safer pass than trying to make the perfect throw where you overthrow the reciever.  Williams has to locate the ball faster.  The defender was looking up field at Rodgers and located it immediately.  Had the throw been a little earlier it might have been a TD.

Joe Flacco makes that throw all the time in his sleep. 

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Agree.  I watched the play a few times.  He was wide open and Rodgers waited a little too long and underthrew it.  Still an NFL WR has to catch that ball.  A slightly underthrown ball is usually a safer pass than trying to make the perfect throw where you overthrow the reciever.  Williams has to locate the ball faster.  The defender was looking up field at Rodgers and located it immediately.  Had the throw been a little earlier it might have been a TD.

Joe Flacco makes that throw all the time in his sleep. 

My only point was that between the penalties, Breece not making a simple catch on the 1st drive, Breece not cutting in on the sideline run, the two missed FGs there’s plenty of blame to go around.  Being intercepted on a play where your WR falls down is tough

Laughed at the Flacco reference

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Hard to do any of that when drives are constantly killed by penalties. Even on that last drive. Breece Hall big run brought back by holding penalty. They can't get out of their own way.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Robert Saleh Jets were the same Jets that everyone has been watching for the past 14 years. You could stick Chubbs Peterson out there to motivate and coach these guys and you'll still get the same sh*t.

To a degree, yes. I dk think Saleh was the most gratuitous of the “cool dad” style coaches.