Does ARod get killed by this O-Line and TJ Watt Sunday night??

Kalcott

14 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Tyrod Taylor fantasy sleeper 

I wish they use Tyrod in the red zone this coming week. Rodgers would throw a temper tantrum though and retire and run for President.

Addendum: And take Davante with him as his VP.

• Haha 3

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I consistently read on this very site that the Jets have no pass rush.  They have 20 sacks.  The vaunted killer Steelers, who I am supposed to be wetting my pants about playing, have 14.  **** them. **** TJ Watt and Ole' El Paso.  We come from New York City!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I consistently read on this very site that the Jets have no pass rush.  They have 20 sacks.  The vaunted killer Steelers, who I am supposed to be wetting my pants about playing, have 14.  **** them. **** TJ Watt and Ole' El Paso.  We come from New York City!

So jealous right now.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Na now with Davante in the mix offense will flourish. 

Actually the way you do this is to run quick routes and screen passes. 

When they need to put in a nickel for a LB then you run delays, traps, and counters. 

Once you get the running game going that really slows up the D line. 

The most important thing is to avoid 3rd and long.

No one looks good blocking on third and long, or playing from behind running out of time.

So while this is sarcasm it actually may make a difference.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why fans think the line is bad 

This line is the best group since the brick nick Faneca years 

Actually I do understand why people drag the line 

Because Rodgers looks every bit his age and scapegoating the line is a reflex 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, bitonti said:

Because Rodgers looks every bit his age 

There is no greater known force in the universe than the Jets fan base's capacity to deflect blame from its starting QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I expect him to get a sack or 2. Just dnt let him take over the game. If it trends where he is. Change. Put Olu as a "TE" over there to help. Keep Allen in the backfield to help block, Etc.

I think it will be ok though as long as we keep him "in check" meaning just an average game for him. Which is about a sack a game.

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I mean Rodgers is currently top 10 in passing yards and TDs. I think every Jets fan would’ve signed up for that? I actually think he looks pretty good and is only going to get better as season goes on especially with Davante here now. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean Rodgers is currently top 10 in passing yards and TDs. I think every Jets fan would’ve signed up for that? I actually think he looks pretty good and is only going to get better as season goes on especially with Davante here now. 

February 2, 2003: At the Pro Bowl, Peyton Manning goes off on the Colts' "idiot  kicker" Mike Vanderjagt. I - iFunny Brazil

• Upvote 1

Unless Tyron plays better or gets benched, Rodgers gonna need the Bengay at best.  Or stretcher.   He's enormously experienced and knows where the pressure is coming from and he can get rid of it on time, but that wont help him if Tyron keeps whiffing. 

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Did you watch Tyron Smith against the Bills?

Jets haven’t had a QB last the season since Fitzy year 1, back in 2015.

I’m kind of wanting to see what Carter Warren can do at LT.  Tyron Smith has been that bad.  Possibly the worst LT in the NFL right now.  Olu not ready.

How can anyone who watched the Bills game blame Aaron Rodgers as the reason we lost?

Breece drops opening drive 3rd down and later fails to get into the end zone with 1 man to beat.

Tyron Smith played matador early, giving a free backside hit on Rodgers and forcing Jets out of FG range.  Then tops it off with a holding on Braelon’s TD that had little impact on the play.

Jeremy Ruckert doesn’t get lined up correctly, negating a perfectly thrown deep ball and pass interference.

Garrett drops a perfectly thrown TD, even though I credit the safety for a great play.  

Refs call Sperm Edwards is the greatest!!! OMG I love-love-love him!!! for a weak holding that puts the Jets in a 3rd & long instead of 1st down in FG range.

Mike Williams then runs the wrong route and falls down on the Int.  

Greg the Leg misses 2 FGs.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

Unless Tyron plays better or gets benched, Rodgers gonna need the Bengay at best.  Or stretcher.   He's enormously experienced and knows where the pressure is coming from and he can get rid of it on time, but that wont help him if Tyron keeps whiffing. 

A 40 year old man in the NFL that doesn't need Ben Gay after a game should return his game check.  Suck it up, buttercup.  It's part of the game.