Rex Ryan on Aaron Rodgers: “He’s a Below Average” QB

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

The jets entire offense is below average and has been since , forever …. This is what happens when you hire sh*t coach after sh*t coach 

“Robert Saleh is a great head coach”

-Tony Romo

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I expected him to be off to a slow start due to coming off injury/rust/new team but still top half of the league. I do think he's been worse than I anticipated to start but not that far off. He should improve the second half of the year especially w/Adams here now.

We live in a hot take world, everything has to either be classified as "elite" or "garbage."

Nuance is dead.

• Upvote 3

Since when did Rex be.come a qb guru?  True that Rodgers stats haven’t been as good as expected but I’d hazard he’s still doing much better than Sanchez ever did or any jets qb since the first eight games of Favre.  As I see it, you could put a prime Brady or Marino or Montana behind that oline and he’d struggle mightily.

53 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The problem with this team isn’t that rodgers may be average, it’s that the rest of the team is overrated and not much above average either.  

Rodgers has now entered that phase of his career (like Tom Brady before him) where he doesn't like to get to hit, and the offensive line that Douglas built to protect him this year were good five years ago. Tyron Smith, in particular, has been bad, while Morgan Moses has been hurt and been average. So, Rodgers is keen to get the ball out as quick as possible, which means that he's dinking and dunking on the field, not letting plays develop very often.

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I expected him to be off to a slow start due to coming off injury/rust/new team but still top half of the league. I do think he's been worse than I anticipated to start but not that far off. He should improve the second half of the year especially w/Adams here now.

On the other hand, the weather is going to get progressively worse. While Rodgers knows bad weather football like the back of his hand, IMO, it's going to make it tougher for him to create the big plays.

4 hours ago, Corn said:

You need the whole team in football rogers average would be the best quarterback we had in a while.

I would not say he's below average.That's BS that TV commentator requirements.

Rodgers could be ~ the 25th-28th best QB in the league right now and the bold would still be true.  It doesn't move the needle on the argument.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rodgers could be ~ the 25th-28th best QB in the league right now and the bold would still be true.  It doesn't move the needle on the argument.

Are you questioning Woodys keen eye for talent at the qb position?

• Haha 2

Rodgers is simply not good enough at this stage.

Zero threat to run. Passes that he used to make in his sleep are off target. Jittery in the pocket. Interceptions at very inopportune times. Hell, he can't even run a QB sneak.

I'm getting tired of seeing him rolling his eyes, shrugging his shoulders, and looking bothered all game long. Body language matters, and his team plays like he acts.