Guess who has more catches and more yards on a lot less targets than Garrett Wilson?

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

*sigh*

as I always say, I think we need to see what Olu Fashanu and Bowers become over several years before taking victory laps. 

See the premature victory laps regarding  JSN vs McDonald for reference!! 

The original (and funniest) victory laps that were taken happened .36 seconds after they called Fashanu’s name.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheAustrian said:

But he has been looking great every game I watched . Mc Donalds first year was utterly trash and when it counts he is still invisible (except one game )

Ok 

let’s see what each guys looks like a few years from now. Plenty of disappointing players have had good rookie years and plenty of stars were in the doghouse after one year in the league. 

no denying that bowers looks excellent 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The original (and funniest) victory laps that were taken happened .36 seconds after they called Fashanu’s name.

Original? Weren’t the premature Will McDonald victory laps a full year before that? 

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

No, not to this extent. There really wasn’t a debate to begin with as McDonald completely came from left field and there was no McDonald side to take victory laps.

Brother - a year ago today, you guys were calling McDonald a total bust and a waste of a pick. The premature laps on JN are a train that is never late. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Plen T said:

LOL a you think Bowers is eating here?

these fools can’t make use of Allen, Hall, Wilson, Adams, Williams, and Lazard being on the field at the same time!

I'd bet $$$ the dude wouldn't even be as productive as Conklin on the Jets. Btw, how many TDs between the 2 guys, just curious 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frankie Green said:

Lol the Bower Boys are obsessed. Its a little creepy tbh 

It’s not even about Bowers. I said at the time, I’d totally understand if the Jets took Bowers.

it’s about making these definitive draft assessments after 7 games. A lot of the folks popping off in this thread were the same mouth breathers calling JSN a “no brainer” pick and laughing at the very idea that McDonald could work out. Go back to that draft threat and take a good look. Lot’s of funny stuff in there. 

people just never learn. 

• Upvote 1

If Jets don't make the POs, the whole lot is outta here.

So ask yourself this: "What's the biggest threat to the Jets missing the PO's?

a) Poor TE Play

b) Poor Oline Play, including injuries

JD drafted accordingly

ppl say "But this is a WIN NOW team, we shoulda drafted  Bowers!!".

Actually, Bowers would have been the pick if the Jets WEREN'T in a win now mode.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

50 minutes ago, TheAustrian said:

But he has been looking great every game I watched . Mc Donalds first year was utterly trash and when it counts he is still invisible (except one game )

Sorry, but that's just not true. McDonald didn't get much time on the field. Bowers is on a team without much talent offensively that just got rid of their best weapon. The only way Bowers would have been getting targets is if Rodgers thought he deserved them. Not likely in the beginning of the year - perhaps later they would develop trust. OL was way more of a weakness and it's not close. How you can argue that when Olu is close to becoming our starting left tackle and taking over the weakest player in our offense is a bit of a mystery to me.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Sorry, but that's just not true. McDonald didn't get much time on the field. Bowers is on a team without much talent offensively that just got rid of their best weapon. The only way Bowers would have been getting targets is if Rodgers thought he deserved them. Not likely in the beginning of the year - perhaps later they would develop trust. OL was way more of a weakness and it's not close. How you can argue that when Olu is close to becoming our starting left tackle and taking over the weakest player in our offense is a bit of a mystery to me.

nO hE lOoKeD lIkE tRaSh CuZ hE dIdNt hAvE 10 sAcKs!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

nO hE lOoKeD lIkE tRaSh CuZ hE dIdNt hAvE 10 sAcKs!!!!!!!

Bro I appreciate how long it takes to type a capital letter every other word lol

I was definitely disappointed we didn’t take JSN but I don’t think I was one of the ones labeling McDonald a bust but yes I do breathe through my mouth alot I have a deviated septum 

Bowers would inexplicably be TE2 on this roster. They would teach him the same convoluted play book as Malachi Corley. We would be asking every week why Bowers isn't featured in the offense. Year one would be a typical year one for a highly touted TE. 

In other words, the Jets could fall into a bucket of t!ts and come out sucking on a pecker. 

• Sympathy 1

Bowers would inexplicably be TE2 on this roster. They would teach him the same convoluted play book as Malachi Corley. We would be asking every week why Bowers isn't featured in the offense. Year one would be a typical year one for a highly touted TE. 
In other words, the Jets could fall into a bucket of t!ts and come out sucking on a pecker. 
I agree .. though 'teach' is the wrong verb ... I say more like 'wish' he knew the new playbook.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Bro I appreciate how long it takes to type a capital letter every other word lol

I was definitely disappointed we didn’t take JSN but I don’t think I was one of the ones labeling McDonald a bust but yes I do breathe through my mouth alot I have a deviated septum 

Wasn’t necessarily referring to you - that was really intended for a lot of people :) 

it would have been funny to see how all of you would have exploded if JD drafted Bowers and when Moses got hurt Mitchell replaced him and sucked as bad as Olu. 

yeah Bowers is having a good year but if the QB doesnt have time to throw Bowers aint doing nothing. 

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, Brock Bowers is keenly aware of the laurels being lobbed at him.

No, the Las Vegas Raiders rookie tight end is not about to rest on any of them. Not with the Raiders riding a three-game losing streak, despite Bowers setting marks not seen in at least a generation.

"I mean, I see stuff on Twitter and stuff," Bowers acknowledged. "But our focus is for the team to win games. So, you get on that track."

The thing is, with the Raiders' record just 2-5, it would be a muted celebration of Bowers' early-career accomplishments anyway.

Bowers' 47 receptions not only led the entire NFL through Sunday's games, he had the most catches by any tight end through their first seven career games since 2000.

Plus, Bowers' 47 catches are the third-most by any player in his first seven games in NFL history, trailing just Puka Nacua (58) and Saquon Barkley (49).

And Bowers' 477 receiving yards, which led all NFL tight ends through Sunday, were also the third most by a tight end in his first seven games in NFL history. Only Pro Football Hall of Famer Mike Ditka (505 in 1961) and Kyle Pitts (484 in 2021) had more.

"Even when he's covered, he's open," Raiders coach Antonio Pierce said. "That's how I look at it. Throw him the rock, big hands, big mitts, he catches everything around him."

I wanted the Jets to draft Bowers, but let’s not make believe Rodgers would be giving a rookie TE the same opportunities he’s getting in Vegas.

29 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I wanted the Jets to draft Bowers, but let’s not make believe Rodgers would be giving a rookie TE the same opportunities he’s getting in Vegas.

I think if the Jets had drafted Bowers and not Fashanu they would be at least 3-4 and looking better to make the playoffs.  That assumes JD would have found another tackle, or Carter Warren could have filled in at RT as well as Fashanu did.  

It does not not help that I don't think Fashanu or anyone else if getting any OL coaching.  

9 hours ago, PepPep said:

You are probably correct but with the way Smith has been playing and the acquisitions of Williams in the offseason and Adams via trade there is an argument to be made that even in a win now season, Olu was still the right pick. Rodgers has plenty of targets. He has plenty of weapons. They are not being used properly. They are not executing. The run game has been struggling. And the defense can't stop the run. This isn't something Bowers would solve. He's not making an underwhelming Raiders team win despite his record breaking numbers. And with this coaching staff, he'd probably be on the bench next to Corley cuz they cant figure out how to use him. 

How many times do we come on here and complain that we don't have a blue chip pure LT that can pass block, protect our QB? This has been an issue for years and years since D-Brick. Becton busted. JD makes another selection to get a Franchise LT for the future of the franchise and we complain. I get it, win now season. I get it, you draft the player, not the position. 

But it seems like JD is being proven right with Smith playing like absolute dog****. And this is before the inevitable injury forcing him to miss games or landing him on IR. Olu has already had to step in (out of position at RT) to fill in for Moses. 

The way you make it sound, Olu was a useless pick and Bowers would have made this team 5-2 which is far from a fair way of assessing the selection and ignores a lot of other issues going on with this team that have made it underachieve. 

JMHO.

This was a very very very deep offense line 2024 draft .   The Raiders got two starting offense lineman in last draft .  2nd rd Jackson Powers Johnson - he’s future all pro whether it center or guard .   Third they got RT  Dj Glaze who done very well all year as a rookie .( only will get better with more time)  .      That’s the point there was so much talent on offense line that you could got starter in later rounds.     You can’t  do anything when you get this lousy qb play.     It sucks too that Michael Mayer has personal issue he’s been dealing with . It’s not g Minshew related . 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think if the Jets had drafted Bowers and not Fashanu they would be at least 3-4 and looking better to make the playoffs.  That assumes JD would have found another tackle, or Carter Warren could have filled in at RT as well as Fashanu did.  

It does not not help that I don't think Fashanu or anyone else if getting any OL coaching.  

I’m going to respectfully disagree.
This team deserves to be 2-5. Drafting Bowers or Fashanu or playing Carter Warren wasn’t going to change that.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What Beerfish conveniently leaves out of his analysis is that Bowers is already balding, which is the surest indicator that a player is on steroids and will be out of the league within three years

Snort!   I have no hair and I'm not even at my prime yet.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Olu sucked bad enough that he can’t replace a completely washed Tyron Smith. Doesn’t mean he’s a bust but it’s disappointing so far. Olu looked really bad out there. 

We need to keep drafting skill players until the offense makes it into the top-10. 

Except it is the wrong way to build a team......trenches, QB, skill players.  

7 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Wait I'm confused.  You're saying because JD has been so bad at drafting OL, he had no choice but to draft an OL this past year?  I'm struggling to see the logic there.  If a guy sucks at something, why make him continue to do it?  Especially when there is a slam-dunk game changer staring him in the face.  

Even still I don't agree with this.  AVT has been a solid guard, Tippmann looks like the center for the long-term, and it's way too early to judge one way or the other on Olu.  Dude hasn't even played the position he was drafted to play yet.  His success rate on OL in the top 2 rounds is probably on par with league average at this point, and well above that if Olu pans out.  

How many drafts has JD had? Olu doesn't start and AVT has played 35 of 57 games and is out this week. Tipp is all there is at the moment.

Good GMs find starting O lineman in rounds other than the first two rounds. The only thing that would change my mind if if the starting O line for more than 80% of the snaps in 2025 is  Olu, draft pick, Tipp, AVT, Warren. Even then he will have spent a sh*t ton of draft capital on his starting O line. For example the Ravens O line has 2 first round picks, 1 Second round pick,  1 fourth round pick and 1 Undrafted free agent. 40% of their starting O line did not require top of the draft capital. 

47 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

What impresses you more Zamir White’s 3.2 ypc and Alexander Mattison’s 3.6 ypc?

What does the Raiders starting five on the OL have to do with the Jets starting five on the OL?

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, Brock Bowers is keenly aware of the laurels being lobbed at him.

No, the Las Vegas Raiders rookie tight end is not about to rest on any of them. Not with the Raiders riding a three-game losing streak, despite Bowers setting marks not seen in at least a generation.

"I mean, I see stuff on Twitter and stuff," Bowers acknowledged. "But our focus is for the team to win games. So, you get on that track."

The thing is, with the Raiders' record just 2-5, it would be a muted celebration of Bowers' early-career accomplishments anyway.

Bowers' 47 receptions not only led the entire NFL through Sunday's games, he had the most catches by any tight end through their first seven career games since 2000.

Plus, Bowers' 47 catches are the third-most by any player in his first seven games in NFL history, trailing just Puka Nacua (58) and Saquon Barkley (49).

And Bowers' 477 receiving yards, which led all NFL tight ends through Sunday, were also the third most by a tight end in his first seven games in NFL history. Only Pro Football Hall of Famer Mike Ditka (505 in 1961) and Kyle Pitts (484 in 2021) had more.

"Even when he's covered, he's open," Raiders coach Antonio Pierce said. "That's how I look at it. Throw him the rock, big hands, big mitts, he catches everything around him."

When i said how terrible a move it was to not pick him, i got all kinds of crap.