Mandatory reading for GJH

PFSIKH

Sheff, Matsui, a watered-down (stomach virus) Giambi and A-Rod (who looked absolutely ill yesterday, he should not have played). Add in Jeter and Riveria.

Bosox - Timlin, Wells (no real loss there, no matter how you cut it) and Pena.

Yeah, the Yankees are better. Maybe the AA Yankees.:rolleyes:

Sheff, Matsui, a watered-down (stomach virus) Giambi and A-Rod (who looked absolutely ill yesterday, he should not have played). Add in Jeter and Riveria.

Hopefully you are talking today MBn007 cause it's funny how you missed the Crisp injury yet include stomach viruses and day to day minor tweaks as injuries for the Yanks.

Wells and Timlin would both be major parts of the Yankees if they were in pinstripes so making light of their actual DL time injuries yet metioning stomach viruses and sore fingers as prominent problems is somewhat hypocritical.

Hopefully you are talking today MBn007 cause it's funny how you missed the Crisp injury yet include stomach viruses and day to day minor tweaks as injuries for the Yanks.

Wells and Timlin would both be major parts of the Yankees if they were in pinstripes so making light of their actual DL time injuries yet metioning stomach viruses and sore fingers as prominent problems is somewhat hypocritical.

Missed Crisp, you are so correct about that.

Believe me, you guys are way better off without Wells there. Old, fat, and a rotten attitude. Otherwise, he's OK.

I have to concur with GS.

Minimizing the loss of Wells is disengenuious. Wells was suppossed to be the 5th starter at the very least. That is why Arroyo was traded to the Reds for Willy Mo.

As the article pointed out, despite your injuries, the team is still leading the AL in runs, 2nd in batting, third in ERA and doing this with an AA team as you put it. Since May 1st, you have played 10 series and won 7 and tied one. Your two losses could have easily gone the other way with a few more plays versus the Mets and Sox.

The bottomline is the Yanks are probably better off with the injuries as Max pointed out in GJH's thread. Your defense improves and the remaining 100+ million of the roster bears down to overcome the losses of Matsui and Shef.

Always remember, "there is no crying in baseball."

The bottomline is the Yanks are probably better off with the injuries as Max pointed out in GJH's thread. Your defense improves and the remaining 100+ million of the roster bears down to overcome the losses of Matsui and Shef.

Always remember, "there is no crying in baseball."

They are playing with heart right now. They are actually fun to watch. I can't say that for the team they started the season with. If Sheff is out for the whole year so be it. His me first attitude should never have been brought here.

They are playing with heart right now. They are actually fun to watch. I can't say that for the team they started the season with. If Sheff is out for the whole year so be it. His me first attitude should never have been brought here.

Excactly. The Patriots 'no respect' angle was beaten to death as a rallying cry, but if it motivates them so be it.

You would like to think the Yankees do not need motivation, but the injuries are an angle to use for a championship season.

It's actually refreshing to see guys like Cano, Cairo and Cabrera bust tail and move guys over. It's still a tough sell, but better that than pissing away the farm on Doyle Alexander-type retreads.

Only complaint-send Long and Erickson packing. There's no point. Auditioning Single A Staten Island Yankees would be better. And the one thing that kills me is why they passed over Hansen. It's as if it was too simple and the FO overthought the whole thing.

I'm really enjoying the way the Yankees are winning lately. Stealing bases, Sac flies, etc. This is what wins championships. I hope George is taking notes. Screw the injuries. Leave Melky in left for the season! Don't swap him out with Bubba when he comes back. I love Matsui, but Matsui can't make some of the catches in left like Melky has been doing.

These injuries are just what the Yanks needed. A long overdue look at youth and the Yankees future.

I'm really enjoying the way the Yankees are winning lately. Stealing bases, Sac flies, etc. This is what wins championships. I hope George is taking notes. Screw the injuries. Leave Melky in left for the season! Don't swap him out with Bubba when he comes back. I love Matsui, but Matsui can't make some of the catches in left like Melky has been doing.

These injuries are just what the Yanks needed. A long overdue look at youth and the Yankees future.

YES. Take the 1996 Yankee team and compare it on paper to the 2005 Yankee team. Which one would you take? I would have picked the 2005 team. i.e. the one that didn't win the World Championship.

Plus Joe does seem more interested. Most days his mid inning nap is only the 4th inning now. Having Joe available for the 5th and 6th innings has taken some of the pressure off the other coaches! :rolleyes:

Plus Joe does seem more interested. Most days his mid inning nap is only the 4th inning now. Having Joe available for the 5th and 6th innings has taken some of the pressure off the other coaches! :rolleyes:

LOL.

Didn't Stengel actually fall asleep in the middle of games during the hot summer days in the late 1950s? I remember reading in one of the books about the Stengel era that Billy Martin used to light matches at the tip of his shoes when he fell asleep.:D

I've got a bad feeling that Boston is going to roll us this week. Damn, I hope I'm wrong.

I've a bad feeling that the Yankees are going to roll us this week. I really don't like the pitching matchups.

What a crazy season it's been so far.

I've a bad feeling that the Yankees are going to roll us this week. I really don't like the pitching matchups.

Excellent matchup tonight though. Which of the others has you most concerned? Thursday?

Excellent matchup tonight though. Which of the others has you most concerned? Thursday?

I think the Yanks are up a game and half when things are all said and done.

I think Moose, Wang and Randy post victories.

you guys don't have Clement going against us, what's there not to like?

I think both teams split. It's impossible to guess which games however, which is the beauty of baseball.

And the future looks bright!!!

Monday: Moose v. Beckett

Obviously, Moose is the front-runner for the CY so far this year, and Beckett has looked awesome one time out, and shaky next time out.

Tuesday: Wang v. Pauley

Who? Seriously, Pauley did an okay job last week, but this is the Yankees.

Wednesday: Wright v. Schilling

This seems to be the best matchup for the Sox, but which Schilling will show up? And Wright, while not a world beater, has been serviceable. 3-3 with a 4.12 ERA

Thursday: Johnson v. Wakefield

Unit seems to have gotten himself on track, and Yankee fans have an unwarranted fear of Wakefield.

The Yankees are playing better team ball right now, I could see them easily sweeping the Sox.

Monday: Moose v. Beckett

Obviously, Moose is the front-runner for the CY so far this year, and Beckett has looked awesome one time out, and shaky next time out.

Tuesday: Wang v. Pauley

Who? Seriously, Pauley did an okay job last week, but this is the Yankees.

Wednesday: Wright v. Schilling

This seems to be the best matchup for the Sox, but which Schilling will show up? And Wright, while not a world beater, has been serviceable. 3-3 with a 4.12 ERA

Thursday: Johnson v. Wakefield

Unit seems to have gotten himself on track, and Yankee fans have an unwarranted fear of Wakefield.

The Yankees are playing better team ball right now, I could see them easily sweeping the Sox.

Moose has indeed been awesome this season (something like 12 for 12 so far, meaning all his starts have been "quality"). Several of his starts have been beyond description, lik ethe last one against the Tigers, where teh Yankees needed him to go 7 or 8, and he went all 9. But Beckett handled the Yankees fairly well his time against them. Giambi smacked one in the first, and basically the Yankees did nothing after that. So, if Moose gives up 3 runs, I can see the Yankees losing. But I agree that the pitching advantage is in NYs favor, albeit by a slight margin.

Wang vs. Pauley is the one matchup which heavily favors the Yankees. Wang has usually been good this season, but struggled last Thursday against the Tigers though. He has also had rough games this season, although not many. So which Wang shows up, same question you ask regarding Beckett.

Wright vs. Schilling is interesting, as Schilling absorbed a beating by the Yankees, then turned the trick back on them the next week. He has pitched very well for most of the year, except for a 4-5 start run at the end of April, into May. Wright has been fairly useful his last 4-5 times out, basically going 6, and giving up 3 or less runs. Not dominating, but useful. This favors the Bosox.

Randy vs. Wakefield. Wakefield has usually handled the Yankees. He has had some really spectacular games against them. He also has gotten his head handed to him, like his last time out against the Yankees. Randy pitched very well against the Tigers, then had a poor first inning, and was almost unhittable after inning #1. Has he returned to form? I am still not convinced. But we shall see.

So I grade it 2-1-1, in the Yankees favor.

But then you need to remember that Matsui and Sheffield are not playing. And Giambi has missed a couple of gamnes, and we do not know if he is in tonight, as with Jeter and A-Rod. I suspect they all will be there. To me, it might be a question of is Mo really recovered from his back issues from last Thursday. I saw him run out to the OF yesterday before the game, and stretch and play catch. I am hoping he is recovered. If he is, then the pen will be a Yankee advantage, solely because Timlin, a Yankee killer the past 2-3 years, is not available this series.

Bottom line. Should be a real good series. Let the games begin!!:cheers:

Sox will take 3 out of 4, if not sweep. If there is a front-runner for Cy Young between these two teams his name is Papelbon. I fully expect an epic match tonight between Beckett and Mussina with the Sox coming out on top. Wang vs. Pauley seems a mismatch but it isn't really. Schilling vs. Wright isn't a giveaway to the Sox, but Schill has been pitching well and so has Wright. Johnson may seem to have gotten on track, but he still gave up 3 first inning runs to the O's. He does something like to a team like Boston and it could be over. Throw in the fact Wakefield has been pitching well and it is warming up and the matchup seems more even than it once was. I think the matchups favor Boston with the Sox taking at least 3. And if I'm wrong I will eat my crow.

Sox will take 3 out of 4, if not sweep. If there is a front-runner for Cy Young between these two teams his name is Papelbon. I fully expect an epic match tonight between Beckett and Mussina with the Sox coming out on top. Wang vs. Pauley seems a mismatch but it isn't really. Schilling vs. Wright isn't a giveaway to the Sox, but Schill has been pitching well and so has Wright. Johnson may seem to have gotten on track, but he still gave up 3 first inning runs to the O's. He does something like to a team like Boston and it could be over. Throw in the fact Wakefield has been pitching well and it is warming up and the matchup seems more even than it once was. I think the matchups favor Boston with the Sox taking at least 3. And if I'm wrong I will eat my crow.

Leave it to CrazyCarl to call it a sweep.,lol

CrazyCarl hmm......could he be referencing Carl Mays, the former Red Sox pitcher who is notable for being the only pitcher in baseball history to cause a fatality during a game?

Wasn't he pitching for the Yankees though, when he killed Ray Chapman, the Indians infielder?

Archived