Yankees vs. Red Sox-5 game series!

TaborJet

The series we've all been waiting for. 5 games with first place up for grabs. It has even more meaning since it looks like the second best team in the AL East may not even get in the playoffs.

Game 1 Friday 1:05pm Wang vs. Johnson

Game 2 Friday 8:05pm Ponson vs. Lester

Game 3 Saturday 1:20 pm Johnson vs. Beckett

Game 4 Sunday 8:05 pm Mussina vs. Schilling

Game 5 Monday 1:05 pm Lidle vs. Wells

Discuss.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The series we've all been waiting for. 5 games with first place up for grabs. It has even more meaning since it looks like the second best team in the AL East may not even get in the playoffs.

Discuss.

I'll put it this way: Both the Sox and Yanks have underachieved this year. Whoever makes the playoffs out of these two is destined to be a 1st round casualty.

The Sox got beat up by the D-Rays, Royals and Tigers. The Yanks dropped 2 straight against the O's.

Do either of these teams want the Division Title?

The Yankees won't be a 1st round casuality. They are winning the whole thing. I believe that. This team plays solid baseball (ARod's errors aside).

Is it me or does the pitching matchup favor the Yankees big time?

The Yankees won't be a 1st round casuality. They are winning the whole thing. I believe that. This team plays solid baseball (ARod's errors aside).

The pitching matchups are boarding on comical for the doubleheader tomorrow.

Then we have Josh "Homerun Derby" Beckett on Saturday and Curt "I give up 10 hits a game" Schilling on Sunday.

It is going to be ugly.

If the Yankees don't win 3 or 4 games in this series then they officially suck.

Doubt that.

The Yankees should waltz through this series. The only thing that will suck is the giant sucking sound coming out of Fenway this weekend.

Oh ye of little faith. I'd say the pitching match-upd are about even. If you have lost faith then stop being a negative nancy - EDITED BY MAX.

Carl make your point without the personal attacks.

Game 1 Friday 1:05pm Wang vs. Johnson ( Wang who I love scares me on any mound other than Yankee Stadium). Johnson sucks but edge = Sox.

Game 2 Friday 8:05pm Ponson vs. Lester :) (Wiping off my monitor) Edge= Sox.

Game 3 Saturday 1:20 pm Johnson vs. Beckett (Yanks will take Beckett , much to my dismay onto whatever that street is called over the monster). Edge = Yanks.

Game 4 Sunday 8:05 pm Mussina vs. Schilling ( Moose is a mini slump). Toss Up but GS will give the edge to the Sox.

Game 5 Monday 1:05 pm Lidle vs. Wells (" Big Game" Boomer Wells = Nuff said) Edge Sox...... (go easy on me Matt39 if I miss this one ;) ).

Should be a great series.....enjoy.

Game 1 Friday 1:05pm Wang vs. Johnson ( Wang who I love scares me on any mound other than Yankee Stadium). Johnson sucks but edge = Sox.

Game 3 Saturday 1:20 pm Johnson vs. Beckett (Yanks will take Beckett , much to my dismay onto whatever that street is called over the monster). Edge = Yanks.

Game 4 Sunday 8:05 pm Mussina vs. Schilling ( Moose is a mini slump). Toss Up but GS will give the edge to the Sox.

Game 5 Monday 1:05 pm Lidle vs. Wells (" Big Game" Boomer Wells = Nuff said) Edge Sox...... (go easy on me Matt39 if I miss this one ;) ).

What a shock a boston fan would post this crap LOL

Oh ye of little faith. I'd say the pitching match-upd are about even. If you have lost faith then stop being a negative nancy EDITED BY MAX.

Carl make your point without the personal attacks.

I made a post last night saying the Sox were dead to me this year. Overpaid bastards in my book.

I am a Pats fan first and foremost. The Sox are a summer diversion. Don't get me wrong, I support all the Boston teams (even the Bruins), but my passion is only for the Pats.

You cannot be serious taking jason johnson over wang.

I could see the sox winning that game, but on paper, that is a huge huge advanatage for the Yankees.

Yankees have no exceuse for not taking at least 3. This is not the Yankees fan in me speaking - that guy wants all 5!!;) But the Bosox are vulnerable now. Not having Veritek means the pitching staff is without their rock-solid guy back there. Hey, the Bosox gave a 32 year old Catcher a 4 year deal at big money, but for a 32 year old CF, they declined. Varitek is a Major piece for the Bosox.

Wang has struggled in Fenway during his short career, and is coming off 2 poorly pitched games. But he is a big winner this season, and should do the job. Ponson should hold his own against Lester, but the Yankees probably lose that game.

Randy is hot right now, and Beckett is HR prone, and has some poor stats against the best teams in the AL. Schilling-Moose is made for TV theather. Lidle vs Wells, is an edge for Boston, but which Wells shows up.

Yankees, at least 3-2 for the series.

Discuss.

If the Sox can win game 2 and get a split, they might be able to pull out a series win. It just depends onwhich Beckett and Wells shows. There is also the likely reality of a 4-1 or 5-0 Yankee romp.

some of these pitching match ups show why both teams have been up and down all season. If either team had any consistency in there starting staff ....they would have a huge division lead right now. Should be a Great series as always between these two. GO YANKS !!

:diablo:

Game 1 Friday 1:05pm Wang vs. Johnson Yankees 12 Red Sox 4 :)

He should be in AAA. Injuries has forced Theo's hand. Of course him not doing ANYTHING at the deadline didn't help either.

What was available at the deadline in terms of pitching help? Not much IMO.

I thought before the season started that the Sox would be lucky to make the playoffs.

Theo is building for the future.

he can't be any worse than the senator or whatever he was who was just on. that guy was nothing but a stuffed suit.

Didn't see the Senator. Sounds like I didn't miss anything.

This game is already 2 hours old and it is only the bottom of the 4th!

Archived