Rumor floating that Nick Saban wants out at Miami

SouthernJet

Has apparently called UNC Chapel Hill officials about immenent opening.

Wants out of pro game, misses college game and wants to rebuild a program. by the way, Butch Davis has already lobbied for job also, and O'Brien from BC has had his agent call.

Bunting To Offer Resignation bunting2.jpg

Unnamed but informed Administrative sources tell WCHL News that Head Coach John Bunting indicated that if the football team didn’t reverse its direction with a win in Charlottesville Thursday night, that he would spare the school the embarrassment of further losses and would offer his resignation by the end of the season – possible as early as this weekend.

Athletics Director Dick Baddour has said repeatedly that no decision would be made about Bunting’s tenure before the end of the season, but that does not preclude the coach and former linebacker from taking matters into his own hands.

Wants out of pro game, misses college game and wants to rebuild a program. by the way, Butch Davis has already lobbied for job also, and O'Brien from BC has had his agent call.

Unnamed but informed Administrative sources tell WCHL News that Head Coach John Bunting indicated that if the football team didn

Unnamed but informed Administrative sources tell WCHL News that Head Coach John Bunting indicated that if the football team didn

Wow. No denying the fact that Saban is a great college coach, but seeing as its only his 2nd season in the NFL, i see it hard to believe he'd want out already. It would be a double win for all us Tarheels/Jets fans...no more Saban in Miami, and getting a very good college coach to replace Bunting. I suppose crazier things have happened?

The NFL is such a different beast. Look at Bob Stoops. He has no interest in the NFL, even at the top of his game. Why? He can drive his kids to school now, go to work, and be home for dinner.. . It isn't like the old days where the college guy made 200K. He's making 2.5M!!! He has his house paid by the college. He has a very flexible schedule as well.. In the NFL, he may double his salary, BUT he's working 24/7 and doesn't even realize he has a family. Couple that with not being used to losing....

I would be shocking if he did resign as Dolphins head coach but I dont think he will resign.

by the way, I think Miami is the worst city in America. Crime, firearms, drugs, gangs, bad school attitude and more. It is difficult to keep players away from bad enivornmental hostiles.

The NFL is such a different beast. Look at Bob Stoops. He has no interest in the NFL, even at the top of his game. Why? He can drive his kids to school now, go to work, and be home for dinner.. . It isn't like the old days where the college guy made 200K. He's making 2.5M!!! He has his house paid by the college. He has a very flexible schedule as well.. In the NFL, he may double his salary, BUT he's working 24/7 and doesn't even realize he has a family. Couple that with not being used to losing....

No joke. Now that i thought about it a little bit, he's probably let it be known that he's very frustrated b/c of the IMMENSE disappointment thus far this season...and he probably said something that some reporter twisted to say he was thinking about leaving. If the dolphins somehow(although at this point it would take a lot)turn things around, these rumors will disappear fast. Heck, it might even be a reporter that wants him out, so they created the story lol. Its not like no reporter has ever done that before

No wonder Belly likes Saban so much. He is a weasel just like his mentor.

Anyhow if Saban wants to rebuild a program it would seem that he has the perfect job right now!

Please. Get off the high horse. As people we all have strengths and flaws. To toss out names like that is transparent at best. You're better than that.

No wonder Belly likes Saban so much. He is a weasel just like his mentor.

Anyhow if Saban wants to rebuild a program it would seem that he has the perfect job right now!

If he goes back to LSU, they can go back to paying their players and buying condos for their grandmothers to live in.

The guys that have been college coaches must look at Spurrier, butch Davis and now Saban and ask themselves why they want to deal with the NFL when as long as they win, they get treated like gods in college. Who would you rather deal with-some malleable 18-year olds (even with recruiting) or Dante Culpepper? Mike&Mike were going on how Charlie Weis won't be at ND for ever. But as long as they win and he can enjoy that lifestyle and as much, if not more, cash, why go pro?

5 yrs/@22 million

Pullllllease Saban, go bye bye. Bring me back Wannstadt!!!!! BRING HIM BACK NOW!!!!! At least Wanny won. That's all he did was win. over 60%of the time.

He has 22 million reasons to stay.

Maybe being HC of the MiD is not that great anymore.

I'd be surprised if it's true...but if it is, it would make a strong supportive argument for the old expression "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". His father, Lou, could never stick with a gig for long either.

Was Lou his father or uncle??

Lou had a very interesting career. Did you know that OJ Simpson never had a 1000 yard season until Saban became the Bills coach and recognized it was the right thing to give him the ball and let him do his thing?

I think Saban's wife actually committed suicide in 1979, which is why I am curious if Nick is his son or nephew.

No he's not.

Tx,

At times I think you don't care. Then I read posts like that and I realize you really do care!

DW -- just having fun. I am sure Saban isn't a terrible human. He didn't spend that much time with Belly, lol.

The guys that have been college coaches must look at Spurrier, butch Davis and now Saban and ask themselves why they want to deal with the NFL when as long as they win, they get treated like gods in college. Who would you rather deal with-some malleable 18-year olds (even with recruiting) or Dante Culpepper? Mike&Mike were going on how Charlie Weis won't be at ND for ever. But as long as they win and he can enjoy that lifestyle and as much, if not more, cash, why go pro?

This is so true Bugg

The premier coaching positions in major college programs the coaches are treated like gods and with so many perks why go to a professional NFL team and deal with salary caps and inflated egos.

Because CW has a huge ego.

I agree with Mike & Mike, CW will someday be a HC in the NFL.

He might be. But for a family, if he wins at ND, living in South Bend is much easier than dealing with an NFL job. Especially when it comes to recruiting he gets pick them rather than they picking him. Look at it like this-Weis even now is pretty much unchallenged. Bellichick, with 3 rings, still has to deal with a press like Broges that gives him a hard time. And from the end of his bowl game until July, spare spring practice and soem recruiting a college coach has lots of down time. Bellichcik might have off 2 weeks in June.

Because CW has a huge ego.

I agree with Mike & Mike, CW will someday be a HC in the NFL.

I think weiss stays at nd. He's a family guy 1st and doesn't need the stress of pro coaching. he has a great gig at nd. his name alone is gonna continue to draw top athletes to the school & he is too good of a coach to lose enough at nd.

Please. Get off the high horse. As people we all have strengths and flaws. To toss out names like that is transparent at best. You're better than that.

Giddy up! Hehe.

If Saban bails, he is a wuss of the highest order. I HAD to raise my eyebrows when he blamed the fans booing as cause for a Dolphins loss. Grow up.

I think weiss stays at nd. He's a family guy 1st and doesn't need the stress of pro coaching. he has a great gig at nd. his name alone is gonna continue to draw top athletes to the school & he is too good of a coach to lose enough at nd.

Depends on what kind of recruits he gets to replace his core guys like Quinn and Samardzija. Notre Dame is a great gig but it is high visibility and if you lose there prepare to get scrutinized by the entire world.

Giddy up! Hehe.

If Saban bails, he is a wuss of the highest order. I HAD to raise my eyebrows when he blamed the fans booing as cause for a Dolphins loss. Grow up.

With you on that. Saban can't handle the pressure that is NFL football.

I'd be surprised if it's true...but if it is, it would make a strong supportive argument for the old expression "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". His father, Lou, could never stick with a gig for long either.

they arent related

The Saban press conference yesterday, was actually quite amazing.

What he essentially said was, all the coaches can do is put players in position, after that, it is up to them.

He totally deflected the loss onto the players. No responsibility. I can't imagine that is going over big in the locker room.

A lot of coaches have caught on to the "throw the players under the bus" routine

Archived