Will the jets lose this season?

Maxman

Thomas Jones is here. Mangini and Schott in year 2. Anthony Clement was resigned.

These things all point to the perfect season if you ask me. In theory the Jets could lose. I just don't see how.

I hope I'm wrong, but unless this defense drastically improves, I see a tougher schedule and teams not being surprised by this Jets team anymore. That all adds up to 9-7 or 8-8 in my book. Hey I hope I'm wrong, but unless they get some great talent in the draft on defense, that defense is a problem.

Thomas Jones is here. Mangini and Schott in year 2. Anthony Clement was resigned.

These things all point to the perfect season if you ask me. In theory the Jets could lose. I just don't see how.

This sounds right to me Max :---) . :bag:

Injuries are the key..

The Jets were real lucky last year,they had no major injuries.

I expect big things as long as the key players stay healthy.

Good point. If they get hurt by injuries they might go 14 and 2. Still the Super Bowl is there for the taking.

I agree 100%. No I don't,You're a douche nozzle .

Well, lets see. Last year I thought we'd win 4-6 games. This year I'm totally going to be analytical and use a computer, putting in the additions we've made, plus the additions teams around have made. Hold on a sec computer is processing data. Damn slow thing. O.k. the computer says Max is not Max at all he's been abducted by aliens and replaced with a doppleganger, and the Jets are going to have the same exact record as last year and make the playoffs.

Pencil them in for 16-0.

I agree 100%. No I don't,You're a douche nozzle .

Absolutely. Well they might lose maybe one game if Chad has like an off day.

We just need to put pressure on the QB, that's something we have to improve to get to the next level.

You're right on the money - Chad has got to start throwing the ball to our receivers and there needs to be great pressure applied to get him to do that.

You're right on the money - Chad has got to start throwing the ball to our receivers and there needs to be great pressure applied to get him to do that.

Ok, I am not one to say Jets' fans do not know what they are talking about...ok I am that guy. ;) However, you need to go look at the Jets stats last year. It was clear for the first time since Chad became a starter he started looking for his receivers first.

Curtis Martin (x3), Richie Anderson, Jerald Sowell (x2) had inividual seasons that came close to equaling what the Jets backs as a whole did last year.

Ok, I am not one to say Jets' fans do not know what they are talking about...ok I am that guy. ;) However, you need to go look at the Jets stats last year. It was clear for the first time since Chad became a starter he started looking for his receivers first.

Curtis Martin (x3), Richie Anderson, Jerald Sowell (x2) had inividual seasons that came close to equaling what the Jets backs as a whole did last year.

yea that's agood point and one I had chosen to forget PF....lining up your RB's out wide and throwing to them half the time was an ugly game to watch during the Herm-Era (error)

I was referencing our receivers vs. the opposing teams d-backs. But it's great that you've finally picked up that glass of kool aide PK. :P eCurb will be sending your Chad media packet replete with a #10 bobblehead doll shortly.

If by lose you mean - not win the SB

IF by win you mean - win the SB

NO they will not lose, the NYJ will win the superbowl this year with Chad Pennington as the starting QB

It's not how Pennington plays bro, it's the defense. Grossman played like staight ass sometimes and they still came out with a W. Why ? DEFENSE

You're right. Ok - - - SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahem...UNDEFEATED SB....so all the remaining members of the 72 Dolphins team can grease up the skinny ends of their champagne bottles and stuff them where the Florida sun doesn't shine-you know unless you're really trying...

ahem...UNDEFEATED SB....so all the remaining members of the 72 Dolphins team can grease up the skinny ends of their champagne bottles and stuff them where the Florida sun doesn't shine-you know unless you're really trying...

That goes without saying SF. And in December of 08 we can all wear the shirts into the Phin Dome stating just that. That should pretty much silence all those D-bags in the parking lot huh?

I see similar results as last season. 10-6 record, wild card, and depending on the WC matchup, a visit to the Divisional Round. Of course, until we know exactly what we are going to get out of the QB department (and how long Pennington keeps his job), this could be a different conversation entirely.

I just don't see the reason for negativity. We have the same outstanding coaching staff, have lost virtually nothing, added a top 25 RB to start for us, and will undoubtedly have another successful draft.

I have faith in Tangini.

I see similar results as last season. 10-6 record, wild card, and depending on the WC matchup, a visit to the Divisional Round. Of course, until we know exactly what we are going to get out of the QB department (and how long Pennington keeps his job), this could be a different conversation entirely.

I just don't see the reason for negativity. We have the same outstanding coaching staff, have lost virtually nothing, added a top 25 RB to start for us, and will undoubtedly have another successful draft.

I have faith in Tangini.

I agree JF. However it will be a hard fought 10-6. Tougher schedule and teams

if they took us lightly last year will not have the same mind set this time around.

The best thing they did this offseason is get TJ. If he is as advertised it will make

Chad's play action a terrific weapon. Not too many QBs do that better than him.

I agree JF. However it will be a hard fought 10-6. Tougher schedule and teams

if they took us lightly last year will not have the same mind set this time around.

The best thing they did this offseason is get TJ. If he is as advertised it will make

Chad's play action a terrific weapon. Not too many QBs do that better than him.

None really... MAYBE Payton... but its not so much how well he does it but how much the defense fears he might still have the ball and Harrison will get a lob for a td...

None really... MAYBE Payton... but its not so much how well he does it but how much the defense fears he might still have the ball and Harrison will get a lob for a td...

Well down thru the years when Chad had a good running game going he worked

the play action to perfection with good results. Peyton is Peyton and I'm not comparing them both.

However the threat of starting thread number 624 on different ways to talk about

Chad is looming so I will bow out of this discussion peacefully.

Archived