Will the jets lose this season?

Maxman

I don't believe that any teams "took us lightly" or that we won't be able to "sneak up" on anybody. We weren't the most talented team this past year and we won't be the most talented team next year. The are three reasons we still won:

1. Lack of major injuries-we were pretty healthy all year.

2. Good coaching can keep other teams off balance-another reason why we try to get versatile players. You guys may not understand this possibility because it's been 5-6 years since we had a coach that understood the second hand on a clock.

3. Dumb luck.

I tihnk he's the best at it in the league. Peyton's looks kinda mechanical to me.

I agree that Pennington's look more natural, but since Peyton's actual hand-off looks just as mechanical it's equally effective. It's like a change-up or pick-off move in baseball. What is important is that the motion looks the same as on a fastball.

I agree that Pennington's look more natural, but since Peyton's actual hand-off looks just as mechanical it's equally effective. It's like a change-up or pick-off move in baseball. What is important is that the motion looks the same as on a fastball.

Lol, you're right I forgot he looks like a robot when he actually does hand off anyway. I guess I have to put them about equal when you look at it that way. My personal preference would go to Pennington simply because, like you said, he looks more natural.

One of the primary reasons why people believe we will take a step back next season (besides the QB controversy) is our schedule. I just don't buy it. Here are the teams we will play next season:

NFC EAST (Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Cowboys):

All 4 of these teams are a MESS. The only one I fear is Philly, if they have a healthy McNabb. We can go 3-1 against these clowns.

AFC NORTH (Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Browns):

Steelers have a new coach. Browns still suck. The Bengals game depends on how many players they have in prison. Baltimore was impressive last season, but they are doing what they usually do in the offseason: spending money on FA's they dont need and letting go of the ones that do. I see us going 3-1 or 2-2 against the AFC North.

other AFC opponents (Chiefs, Titans):

I'll bet against a Herm-led team anyday. And as for the Titans, its very possible Vince Young has a Sophomore slump. But to be fair, let's give that one an L and say we go 1-1 here.

AFC EAST (Pats, Bills, Phins):

The Dolphins are a mess. The Bills are poorly coached. And we know we can play toe-to-toe with the Pats. I'll say we end up 4-2 in division play.

Adding it all up, that puts us at 10-6 or 11-5. Feel free to disagree.

i see the division title as being realistic. what pickups have been great for the pats? look for the pats to STRUGGLE TO .500.

Could you possibly be a bigger homer?

The Pats have improved themselves DRASTICALLY, something our beloved Jets have NOT done.

One of the primary reasons why people believe we will take a step back next season (besides the QB controversy) is our schedule. I just don't buy it. Here are the teams we will play next season:

NFC EAST (Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Cowboys):

All 4 of these teams are a MESS. The only one I fear is Philly, if they have a healthy McNabb. We can go 3-1 against these clowns.

AFC NORTH (Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Browns):

Steelers have a new coach. Browns still suck. The Bengals game depends on how many players they have in prison. Baltimore was impressive last season, but they are doing what they usually do in the offseason: spending money on FA's they dont need and letting go of the ones that do. I see us going 3-1 or 2-2 against the AFC North.

other AFC opponents (Chiefs, Titans):

I'll bet against a Herm-led team anyday. And as for the Titans, its very possible Vince Young has a Sophomore slump. But to be fair, let's give that one an L and say we go 1-1 here.

AFC EAST (Pats, Bills, Phins):

The Dolphins are a mess. The Bills are poorly coached. And we know we can play toe-to-toe with the Pats. I'll say we end up 4-2 in division play.

Adding it all up, that puts us at 10-6 or 11-5. Feel free to disagree.

Still too early to tell but here is something to think about.

How many times have the Jets beaten the Steelers, Eagles and Redskins ?

They are three teams that have absolutely owned the Jets anytime they have played them.

Just a little something to think about after the draft when you and everyone else start forecasting the Jets 07 record.

Still too early to tell but here is something to think about.

How many times have the Jets beaten the Steelers, Eagles and Redskins ?

They are three teams that have absolutely owned the Jets anytime they have played them.

Just a little something to think about after the draft when you and everyone else start forecasting the Jets 07 record.

I just think its time to throw out history and focus on the present. We've never had a front office/coaching staff combination nearly as strong as we currently do. So why should we fear any team?

I just think its time to throw out history and focus on the present. We've never had a front office/coaching staff combination nearly as strong as we currently do. So why should we fear any team?

I hope you are right.

I love the way this team is turning around. I don't know if they are the Parcells, BB level like they were in 98-99 but they are getting there.

I think it is going to be very interesting to see who the draft and how Mangini handles the Chad situation if the Jets start off slow.

I hope you are right.

I love the way this team is turning around. I don't know if they are the Parcells, BB level like they were in 98-99 but they are getting there.

I think it is going to be very interesting to see who the draft and how Mangini handles the Chad situation if the Jets start off slow.

Mangini just seems to have that "it" factor. He's the PERFECT kind of coach who knows that he can piss off his players enough to get them to run through walls for him. Then, when the dust has cleared, they realize that going through Hell for their coach was all worth it in the end, because they end up with the W's.

As for Tannenbaum, he's a financial genius and seems to work well with Mangini to get the RIGHT kind of players, not necesarilly the MOST TALENTED ones.

As long as these 2 men stay together, we will win a championship sooner rather than later.

Mangini just seems to have that "it" factor. He's the PERFECT kind of coach who knows that he can piss off his players enough to get them to run through walls for him. Then, when the dust has cleared, they realize that going through Hell for their coach was all worth it in the end, because they end up with the W's.

As for Tannenbaum, he's a financial genius and seems to work well with Mangini to get the RIGHT kind of players, not necesarilly the MOST TALENTED ones.

As long as these 2 men stay together, we will win a championship sooner rather than later.

I agree. You blokes are in good hands with Mangini and Tannenbaum.

The AFCE should be a lot of fun from here on out.

This year will be a good judge of Mangini's coaching ability.

The NFL has a history of coaches who came tooke over after an inept coach and saw immediate results.

The Jets had little expectations last year. This year is different. If Mangini can keep the team focused and continue to improve, you have a good coach. The Jets might improve, but will not see any improvement in the W/L record. Despite the dismissal of the schedule as being easy, there are alot more teams that can do damage than were on last year's schedule.

• 8 months later...

Archived