Official Yanks vs. Red Sox thread

AFJF

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes I wonder how Torre sits there so calm and watch this. I would be up throwing **** around and make a point to this rook that it's unacceptable.

Ya. Completely ruin the kids psyche. Thats a good managing approach. You should let Cashman know you're available if they need you.

Sometimes I wonder how Torre sits there so calm and watch this. I would be up throwing **** around and make a point to this rook that it's unacceptable.

I'm pretty sure Wright knows that giving up homeruns like that is unacceptable, throwing a bat won't be making any difference in that regard.

2 questions-

After switching back from Sopranos/Entourage, can Joe Morgan give Dice K the happy ending he so desperatly wishes to give him, in the Fenway dugout perhaps, and just get it out of his system already?

Will Torre EVER tell a pitcher to take a measure of revenge against the Sawx's 3 and 4 hitters for AGAIN hitting Jeter and A-Rod? Yeah, it's all just a big coincidence. Doug Minkiewicz and Will Nieves jsut never happen to take on in the chops. Is Torre freaking braindead?

well despite being beaten up in Fenway I can honestly say I'm pretty happy all around. These are not the pitching match ups we'll be seeing all season. I expected the Yanks to get swept with a possibility of Pettitte stealing one but the Yanks have hit the Sox top three starters far better than I ever expected. The Yanks have started one regular in Pettitte and two rookies/minor leaguers. Had these been 12-1 or 10-0 type of beat downs I'd be worried. The way the Yanks have hit has me feeling confident that once Wang is back they'll be in much better shape with Mussina and Pavano still being huge question marks. I dunno...I guess I'm just happy that the Yanks were able to make Bostons big three look average.

Think the Yankees can still amke some noise-if there's changes. I'm sorry-Torre has to go. There has to be some cost for this ongoing pitching debacle. All these walks and homers are unacceptable.Hoe the eff do you walk the first 2 hitters on the Sawx over and over with Kong and Ramirez coming up? The fact that NOBODY on this staff does a damn thing to protect the Yanks' best hitters is a disgrace. If we're going to lsoe these games, Ortiz and Manny should need some ice on their arms and backs afterward. And to sit there passively sipping tea is not going to get it doen. Simply either Torre goes soon or this season is going to get ugly.

Here comes Mr. April...

Listen you pickle kisser, why don't you tell us how great your sushi chef pitched today ? If we had half a pitching staff, you would be MIA and tucked away in a back alley of the Soho district, making some side money.

Think the Yankees can still amke some noise-if there's changes. I'm sorry-Torre has to go. There has to be some cost for this ongoing pitching debacle. All these walks and homers are unacceptable.Hoe the eff do you walk the first 2 hitters on the Sawx over and over with Kong and Ramirez coming up? The fact that NOBODY on this staff does a damn thing to protect the Yanks' best hitters is a disgrace. If we're going to lsoe these games, Ortiz and Manny should need some ice on their arms and backs afterward. And to sit there passively sipping tea is not going to get it doen. Simply either Torre goes soon or this season is going to get ugly.

I couldnt agree more Bugg, the Yankees dont have ONE IOTA of the fire and intensity that they used to have when winning was expected in the Bronx. You'd think that they would have gone the extra mile with their pitching staff that they went with their lineup. I mean a washed-up Pettite? Mussina yet again? Pavano...are u freakin' kidding me? Time to cut your losses. I understand why youre going off on Torre...but Boy Brian needs to be accountable too. No reason not to bring in Barry Zito & Dice-K. What...all of a sudden the Yankees are trying to save money? Not acceptable.

So the Yankees two top players got hit. The Red Sox hit back to back to back to back and nobody got hit. I didn't see the game so please correct me if I am wrong.

If not, this is acceptable why? Joe's winning teams would not have went for this. It is a long season but Joe really does look tired.

kloogy, please log off so Bugg and I can have a civilized discussion about this historic 3 game series.

Historic? How historic will it be when we get our pitching staff back, and you see yourselves in the same position you have been in year after year. How many times have you guys made it through April, with a lead.....and managed to win the divison ? Ok...now stfu.

Historic? How historic will it be when we get our pitching staff back, and you see yourselves in the same position you have been in year after year. How many times have you guys made it through April, with a lead.....and managed to win the divison ? Ok...now stfu.

No, Zippy's right. Historically, the Sux lead the division in April. Sometimes, even May. By September, they're history. Much like Zippy.

So the Yankees two top players got hit. The Red Sox hit back to back to back to back and nobody got hit. I didn't see the game so please correct me if I am wrong.

If not, this is acceptable why? Joe's winning teams would not have went for this. It is a long season but Joe really does look tired.

That is correct. But Joe had some wonderful Bigelow tea on a cool spring evening, available in the coffee and tea aisle today at your local Pathmark and C-town stores.

Stop trying to be internet tough guy/Yankee pom-pom waver for once, OK? Now, take a deep breath...

then realize that you dont ever see 4 home runs in a row. Thats pretty damn historic. Make any excuses you want...but that does tie a record.

Now, do what you do best:

-say lewd things

-wave your pom-poms

-act like your tough over the internet

Good series by the Sox doing what they're supposed to do.... Only positive thing that can be said about the Yankees this weekend is that they clubbed up Boston's three best starters pretty darn good, and without Hideki and Jorge

I agree Fake80, they also did it without Mariano!

Stop trying to be internet tough guy/Yankee pom-pom waver for once, OK? Now, take a deep breath...

then realize that you dont ever see 4 home runs in a row. Thats pretty damn historic. Make any excuses you want...but that does tie a record.

Now, do what you do best:

-say lewd things

-wave your pom-poms

-act like your tough over the internet

Like I told you, enjoy your April title. You know by october, the result will be the same one you experience year after year. Like Bob Knight said...." If rape is inevitable, you may as well lay back and enjoy it. "

I miss the days when Jet Blowsuck fan was mildly entertaining... he's more used up than Jason Varitek.

Yaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnnn

Speaking of Vaginatek, is this his contract year? He actually showed up last weekend.

Crappy series. They hit all boston's starters hard and still got swept.

So you are saying the Sox won the series because the Sox crappy pitching out pitched the Yankees' crappy pitching and the Sox crappy hitting out played the Yankee Jugernaut?

Archived