Will Revis Be The Opening Day Starter?

Maxman

Will Revis Start At CB Against The Pats?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will Revis Start At CB Against The Pats?

• Yes
    • No

Vote.

good morning to you too :)

can I get you a coffe ot perhaps a cup of stfu ;)

I voted no. however max has proven to be a formidable soothsayer so to speak as of late.

I f revis does start, that'll speak volumes for what mangini & sutton think of this kid

in summary: I hope i'm wrong

He went to mini camp. He has studied. He is in great shape. He probably will get slapped on the wrist and not "start" week one. But he will contribute a lot. This is not a wasted year for him.

The holdout will not make or break his season.

He went to mini camp. He has studied. He is in great shape. He probably will get slapped on the wrist and not "start" week one. But he will contribute a lot. This is not a wasted year for him.

The holdout will not make or break his season.

I agree with this 100%.

I see good things from revis' contributions this year. depth alone is a huge contribution

I voted yes, but as the starting nickel-back. I believe he will then take replace Barrett by mid season on merit, or more probably, replace either Barrett or Dyson for the inevitable injury that one of them will suffer. Not that I want to jinx anybody, but let's be realistic about those two and their injury histories. Then Miller will move in as the nickel. By 2008, I expect the starters to be Revis and Miller.

if you look at the language of the contract RE: voidable years

the FO doesn't expect him to start right away

i say he's a dime back in year 1

a nickel in year 2

in year 3 he's a starter

That is a lot of money for the next two years for a non-starter.

He starts by the end of the year.

BZ

He will be the starter - he is a quick learner as Mangini stated in pre training camp workouts. Trial by fire but I am sure there will be arotation among the CB's.

Guys, start or not, he'll play and he'll be part of the rotation. And there will be A LOT of rotations out there, especially given the depth we have at secondary and the fact that we're playing the Patsies and have to do everything we can to confuse BB and Brady.

I personally do not believe that the Jets drafted him in the 1st round to play in Nickel and Dime packages and return punts, even in his first season. He has 3 weeks and 2 games to play in to prepare and since Miller is still out with his sore hammy and since he's a better corner than Barrett, Darrelle Revis will start opening day lining up against either Randy Moss or Donte Stallworth.

I personally do not believe that the Jets drafted him in the 1st round to play in Nickel and Dime packages and return punts, even in his first season. He has 3 weeks and 2 games to play in to prepare and since Miller is still out with his sore hammy and since he's a better corner than Barrett, Darrelle Revis will start opening day lining up against either Randy Moss or Donte Stallworth.

if he does start i hope he guards stallworth, barrett tends to do pretty well against the bigger faster WR's (see burress in 04).

i don't even want revis retunring punts. keep leon back there, revis is overrated in that regard. that clip they keep showing of him wasn't that great. it was great blocking, but he didn't need to do much until the very end of the run.

That is a lot of money for the next two years for a non-starter.

He starts by the end of the year.

BZ

actually a lot of money is what Nate Clements got from SF

what Revis got was very good money not "a-lot of money'

at the end of the day he's a rookie, a junior coming out early, there are going to be growing pains

I don't think he would've started if he was here for the first day of camp, but I do think he will be starting by mid-season. He's no three year project, and CB is a position rookies can play on instinct. The Jets traded up for this guy because of the severe need at CB the team has had since they gave away Aaron Glenn and Marcus Coleman in the Texans' expansion draft. He'll be on the field. He'll be on defense as early as the first series against the Pats.

Only thing that gets him in the starting line-up sooner would be injuries to Barrett and Miller. I'm not a fan of either of those guys, but that wouldn't be good.

It is a lot of money for someone who you don't see starting for 3 years.

Vilma was DROY and he didn't even start until week 3

Drob started right away, and got ran over half the time

B Thomas and Farrior didn't even get good until their 4th and 5th years respectively

say it with me now

playoff caliber teams don't look to the draft to solve their immediate problems

bad teams do that, and they usually stay bad

i don't know what kind of schedule the Jets have for Revis

but to expect a junior coming out to start from day 1 is over aggressive by anyone's standard.

I would agree with those who say he'll play week 1, but won't start.

Even if he learns fast I think Barrett will still be ahead of him. I'm not even sure we'll see him returning punts week 1.

For now I'm comfortable with a healthy Barrett at CB and Leon returning punts, but feel better with the depth he brings to the DB's.

Vilma was DROY and he didn't even start until week 3

Drob started right away, and got ran over half the time

B Thomas and Farrior didn't even get good until their 4th and 5th years respectively

say it with me now

playoff caliber teams don't look to the draft to solve their immediate problems

bad teams do that, and they usually stay bad

i don't know what kind of schedule the Jets have for Revis

but to expect a junior coming out to start from day 1 is over aggressive by anyone's standard.

say this with me...........d'rob is still gettin run over ;)

if you look at the language of the contract RE: voidable years

the FO doesn't expect him to start right away

i say he's a dime back in year 1

a nickel in year 2

in year 3 he's a starter

wow, I expect quicker development than that from the 14th overall pick, and a guy the Jets felt strongly enough to move up for.

I think a more likely case is that he goes into the early weeks as a nickel back, and wins the starting job opposite Dyson by mid season if not sooner

look at the verbiage on the voided years

Revis can void year 6 if he plays more than 35% of defensive snaps

Revis can void year 5 if he plays more than 45% of defensive snaps

granted these years can be bought back by the Jets at high prices but

bottom line, money talks, the FO doesn't expect Revis to start, neither should we.

Archived