What is your favorite JETS game memory ?

Wesley Walker

What is the best, most exciting, most memorable JETS game memory for you ?

Anything from first game with Dad to an amazing play or big win :headbang:

Here's a shock, for me it was;

On September 21, Jets quarterback Ken O'Brien and Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino put on a legendary offensive performance. The two quarterbacks combined set NFL single game records of 884 net passing yards and ten touchdown passes, records that still stand to this day. Dan Marino completed 30 of 50 passes for 448 yards and six touchdown passes. Mark Duper and Mark Clayton had big games each having over 100 yards receiving (Duper with 154, Clayton with 174). Ken O'Brien threw for 479 yards and four touchdown passes all to wide receiver Wesley Walker, including one with no time left on the clock to force overtime, and then the game clincher in overtime for the win, 51-45. To this day, it is the highest scoring game between the teams (96 total points).

How about you ?

On September 21, Jets quarterback Ken O'Brien and Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino put on a legendary offensive performance. The two quarterbacks combined set NFL single game records of 884 net passing yards and ten touchdown passes, records that still stand to this day. Dan Marino completed 30 of 50 passes for 448 yards and six touchdown passes. Mark Duper and Mark Clayton had big games each having over 100 yards receiving (Duper with 154, Clayton with 174). Ken O'Brien threw for 479 yards and four touchdown passes all to wide receiver Wesley Walker, including one with no time left on the clock to force overtime, and then the game clincher in overtime for the win, 51-45. To this day, it is the highest scoring game between the teams (96 total points).

How about you ?

a_elliot_i.jpg

Has to be one of two games for me:

1. Monday Night Miracle (I stayed for the entire thing and got off of school the next day ala my awesome dad)

or

2. My first playoff game ('98 Divisional Round vs. Jacksonville)

Jets/ Seattle- December 1998. Vinny's 4th down sneak to win the game.

-We have the TV's for replay since we cant see the jumbotron and that day we had the TV raw feed where they showed the replay over and over. We knew we just stole the game and probably would have our first division title ever in the NFL.

-It was the first time since I started loving football and attending games that I knew we were a very good team. After suffering through the Kotite era, I doubted that team all season until this game. It made us feel like winners for once.

-The joy and elation on that play, us jumping up and down and hugging and hi-5ing everyone around us, I will never forget that. It's a great memory. One I will never forget.

Jets/Dolphins- 1994- Fake spike. I was going to school at UMass Amherst. I came down for thanksgiving and I was headed back to school after the game. This play will haunt me for the rest of my life. Plus, after the game I got dropped off at the Port Authority for the 6 hour bus ride to UMass. Depressed and having 6 hours to replay that game in my mind, I couldnt wait to make it to bed. Then we hit a snowstorm, bus slipping and sliding all over the road... finally I got back to ZooMass around 1am and had to walk across campus in 6 inches of snow, wearing my Green Jets winter coat and my Jets hat. It was then I realized how much of a hold this team had on my heart. It was the first time I felt depression. Of course the depression never really lifted the rest of the semester and I almost failed out of school. I felt so alone and empty walking across the snow covered walkways. It was one of the first doses of how life sucks sometimes.

This one play is the reason why I will be happy to see the Meadowlands imploded. I cant look down from sec. 131 to the right corner endzone still to this day without thinking about that play.

Although, Jumbo Elliott makes looking at that endzone a lot easier...

Jets/Dolphins- Oct. 2000-Monday Night Miracle- My family decided a while ago (I think when Coslet was coach...) that we paid way too much money and spent too much time traveling to and from the meadowlands to leave a game early because we sucked.

Sure it made sense for sunday afternoon games, but a Monday night game??

For some reason we never really thought we were out of it, but doubting we could actually come back. At half time it was 23-7, not an insurmountable lead, but we needed to do something in the 3rd quarter... and we didnt. Now down 30-7, we knew we were in deep doo-doo, but why leave now? Its only one more quarter.... And slowly we started our comeback, never really believing we could actually tie this game. And then we let them score.... my heart was ripped out, until Jumbo made his catch. I can still see him juggling the ball and pulling it in. We tied it and were off to OT where John Hall would win it for us. This game was like a dream, never really believing what we just witnessed. And none of the others around us stayed for the end, so we had no one else to share it with.

That about covers it for me....

Has to be one of two games for me:

1. Monday Night Miracle (I stayed for the entire thing and got off of school the next day ala my awesome dad)

or

2. My first playoff game ('98 Divisional Round vs. Jacksonville)

That playoff game is the first and only time I knew we were going to win heading into the stadium. There was no doubt in my mind we were the superior team. Usually I think we should win, but this I just knew. Then the Jets had the little video of a Jet blowing up a jaguar. I was so pumped up after that.

Last day of the season Jets vs Packers in 2002 finding out that the Dolphags lost.

That was an amazing game. Listening to the game in the parking lot, then following the game inside having the guy behind us update the game for us... And the roar of the crowd.... Another unbelieveable moment in Jets history.... for a team with such a mediocre history, we sure have some real memorable games....

That was an amazing game. Listening to the game in the parking lot, then following the game inside having the guy behind us update the game for us... And the roar of the crowd.... Another unbelieveable moment in Jets history.... for a team with such a mediocre history, we sure have some real memorable games....

Ya for teams that have not had a great history...It makes being a fan much more 'fun' in that you TRULY ENJOY when your team pulls something off, like the MNM or the JetsVPackers game. -- both of which i remember as if they happened yesterday. (See also the BoSox and the Det. Tigers)

Here are some memorable games that I either attended or watched on the tube,

The game against the packers either 82 or 83 when the Sack exchange set the NFL record. They sacked the packers QB 11 times that game, it was a complete humiliation.

The 51-45 Jets win in OT against the Doll-figs.

And any time the Jets beat the Pats......

Curtis Martin throwing that TD pass to Chrebet in Tampa Bay. It was very satisfying beating that overrated loudmouth scrub Keyshawn Johnson.

That my boy is mine also!

I've been a fan for 47 years and the SB in 69, the midnight miracle and a few playoff

games were very rewarding. But this one I will never forget because of how we

won it and how we made that POS feel.

I was at that game. Sat in the upper deck and coincidentally there were a few

Jet fans in the row I was sitting in and behind us. When Chrebet caught that pass

there was pandomonium. After the game we got caught up in a group of Jet fans

who flew down from NY and we marched thru the streets with the Jets chant.

Good thing it was in Tampa and not one of the tougher cities because I could see

a big riot developing. LOL

How about you ?

WW, you just summed it up for me, that was the game that made me the big Walker fan I am still to this day.

Sitting in the endzone that Jumbo Elliot caught that td in the monday night miracle has to be the greatest live sporting experience of my life. (any sport)

Curtis Martin throwing that TD pass to Chrebet in Tampa Bay. It was very satisfying beating that overrated loudmouth scrub Keyshawn Johnson.

That was sweet. Especially when the TV cameras went right to Meshawn's mug to get his reaction. Marcus Coleman held him to 1 catch for 1 yard that day. I will always be grateful to Marcus for that.

That was sweet. Especially when the TV cameras went right to Meshawn's mug to get his reaction. Marcus Coleman held him to 1 catch for 1 yard that day. I will always be grateful to Marcus for that.

there was a lot of trash talking from the time Keyshawn left until that game-on the boards there were a ton of Bucs fans talking real big and tough-they never came back after that game

throwing the football around with my dad and brother during halftime of the 1998 AFC championship game with the jets up 3-0. then having a blocked punt set up a cmart td for a 10-0 lead in the beginning of the third. was so sure we were going to the big dance.

ugh

So true

I remember pacing like an expectant father, mumbling about the Falcons. That KO by Denver that caught in the wind, bounced backwards at the 30, and they recovered is like the twilight zone....

Wow exactly the first thing that popped into my mind.. Second was the Monday Night Miracle..

i was watching the phin game on TV, then it switched to the jets game (of course i was watching with total packer fans) and the crowd was just jumping up and down, totally out of control. I remembe rthinking, "holy chit, New Jersey is going to fall in the ocean".

The Packer-Jet game was over before it even started, man that was an awsome game to watch though.

A couple

5) 1986 Dolphins vs Jets : The Shootout of course. It was the second game I went to as a season ticket holder. Just an amazing shootout between O'Brien and that d!ckwad Marino.

4) 1982 Jets at Raiders (AFC Playoffs): One of the the hardest hitting games I have ever seen. Alzado ripping off Chris Ward's helmet and flingging it at him. Krik Springs nearly decapitating Cliff Branch and Holmes coming up with INT. Just a great game

3) 1981 Buffalo at Jets (Wild Card Game): First playoff game for the Jets since 1969 and it got of to such a horrible start. The Jets came roaring back only to come up about 8 yds short.

2) 1998 Jags at Jets: Incredibly amped up crowd that day. Keyshawn has the game of his career that day.

1) 2002 Packers at Jets. The ups and downs of the entire day are what I remember the most. The eruption from the crowd though when the Pats won giving the Jets a shot at the East was something that I have only heard a couple of times. In 1993 when Starks hit "The Dunk" against the Bulls, Matteau's goal to put the Rangers in the Stanley Cup Finals in 1994. What was looking like a bleak day turned into a great one.

Archived