Mangini sticking to his guns....

JonEJet

and you know what......I respect and feel more confident in his abilities now more than ever

Any time a coach caves in to the demands of the fans, is his 1st step out of Dodge

We'll see Clemens this year.....just not yet

It only works if they win. A coach that sticks to his guns and winds up 3-13 means he is either not a good coach or too stubborn to realize he screwed up. Sticking to your guns is great if it works. Sticking to your guns when it doesn't work makes you a 15 year old teenager who thinks they know it all and does things just to piss people off.

and you know what......I respect and feel more confident in his abilities now more than ever

Any time a coach caves in to the demands of the fans, is his 1st step out of Dodge

You know what? I agree with this. I think it is time to see Kellen. It has been time for awhile. But Chad's game last week wasn't terrible. Granted he didn't win it for them but there are SO MANY things wrong right now.

I like that he had the balls to do what he felt was right. But Kellen has to get an extended look this season. They aren't going anywhere. Need to find out about the future. Find out as much as they can anyway.

The players have all been supportive of pennington throughout the season.

Maybe mangini agrees, or maybe he just doesnt want to lose the team any further by pulling chad at this point.

Either way, i doubt he is going to be influenced by anything said by the fans or on message boards.

Or he could just be plain stupid, like Ecurb.:D:confused0058:

It only works if they win. A coach that sticks to his guns and winds up 3-13 means he is either not a good coach or too stubborn to realize he screwed up. Sticking to your guns is great if it works. Sticking to your guns when it doesn't work makes you a 15 year old teenager who thinks they know it all and does things just to piss people off.

well said and I agree! The time to build for next year should be now! I do not respect MANGREENI for pulling a DUH HERM and playing the vets( CHAdwick). wE MUST SEE WHAT kELLEN HAS BEFORE THE NEXT DRAFT. cHANCES ARE WE WILL BE DRAFTING EARLY and do we take a QB if a WOODSON is there? or do we know that KELLEN is the real deal and go for other needs? The time to find out is now. Other kid QBs have a head start on KELLEN! Cutler namely and Young too. The time for MANGREENI to wake up is now not at the end of the year when the weather is bad and teams take us lightly. A game vs Buffalo was great for Kellen to cut his teeth on. The HC screwed that up for sure!

Either way, i doubt he is going to be influenced by anything said by the fans or on message boards.

Wait. Then why am I taking all this time to make these posts? I thought I was influencing the direction of this franchise. Actually nevermind, with only one win I don't want to have any blame sent my way.

Wait. Then why am I taking all this time to make these posts? I thought I was influencing the direction of this franchise. Actually nevermind, with only one win I don't want to have any blame sent my way.

LOL, it isnt on us. We are just interested observers.

Id rather have our coach and team sticking together than what's going on in Atlanta and Miami. That is an embarrasment.

And I'd rather be one of the rest of the teams in the league that have more wins than us. Only two teams have a worse record than us, one of those teams has significant injuries. Only one other team is tied with us, and they have no QB. Well I guess we're in the same boat but still.

And I'd rather be one of the rest of the teams in the league that have more wins than us. Only two teams have a worse record than us, one of those teams has significant injuries. Only one other team is tied with us, and they have no QB. Well I guess we're in the same boat but still.

yeah.. I would like more wins too, but would you like your team to be in turmoil too???

Im glad the players are sticking together and not mouthing off in the media. Let the fans and the media bitch and moan.

Mangini has no guns.Last year he inherited a good team with an easy schedule. This year when coaching meant something he failed and we are 1-6.

Sorry but I've got to disagree. Yes the schedule was easier but I think Mangini did a great job of coaching and motivating that team to over achive last year. We did the things we HAD to do to win the close games. So far this year we just aren't catching those breaks.

People keep saying that, but the majority of or problems start with Chad.

No, not even close.

Our main problems are the run game and the D, Chad is on the middle of the list. Chad isnt the main problem but he has a replacent lined up. The other problems cant be fixed immediattely.

No, not even close.

Our main problems are the run game and the D, Chad is on the middle of the list. Chad isnt the main problem but he has a replacent lined up. The other problems cant be fixed immediattely.

you cannot run when opposing D's do not respect your QB.. it is simple

as that

running against 8 in the box and having Cb's jump the dink and dunk

spells disaster

the lack of running game is all on Chad

People keep saying that, but the majority of or problems start with Chad.

Yep, the ****er sure can't stop the run.

you cannot run when opposing D's do not respect your QB.. it is simple

as that

running against 8 in the box and having Cb's jump the dink and dunk

spells disaster

the lack of running game is all on Chad

How many games into the Clemens era can I expect the running game to break out?

1969 Chuck Noll 1-13

1979 Bill Walsh 2-14

1983 Bill Parcells 3-12-1

1989 Jimmy Johnson 1-15

1998 Dick Vermeil 4-12

True statement.

If you look a little deeper, however, those records were all in their first year with those team. They had to get rid of all of the deadwood they inherited. I don't have it in front of me, but it would be interesting to see their records the second year.

I didn't expect playoffs this year, simply because of the schedule. However, I did expect to be closer in games, to have our defense improve and to have a somewhat dynamic offense. Each of those areas have regressed this year.

I don't think we should be getting ready to get rid of Tangini quite yet, but all of the concerns voiced here so far are valid. Next year, and in the draft, their feet should be held to the fire. If there is not SIGNIFICANT improvement, then hit the bricks, boys.

1969 Chuck Noll 1-13

1979 Bill Walsh 2-14

1983 Bill Parcells 3-12-1

1989 Jimmy Johnson 1-15

1998 Dick Vermeil 4-12

And in fairness, none of them had to do a $25M salary cap purge of its highest-paid (and some of its best) talent before even getting started. Vermeil was the only one who had to deal with a salary cap at all. And while there was no free agency for Walsh/Parcells, we weren't in nearly the same cap shape as some who went all-out in 2006 & 2007. I mean Curtis Martin is STILL counting against the 2007 cap & his last carry was two years ago. Many other things.

Now Mangini doesn't deserve to get absolved of everything, but comparing two things is not always equal...unless I'm doing it to make a point of my own.

don't let pride fool you.

remember when we were reading last year (going INTO last year) that Mangini didn't like Chad?

guess we were wrong.

I would give Mangini a pass if he'd just bring in and start young players and work towards building something. Why the **** do we still have CP, DRob, Ellis, Vilma? Why did we get TJ? If LW was starting at RB, and all of these guys were replaced with draft picks I would have absolutely no problems with this season. Yeah we'd be 1-6 and the defense would be terrible but I wouldn't care. But instead we just do not have new players. We just have Mangold, Revis, Brick, and more recently Harris. That is 4 players from 2 entire drafts. C'mon now, unless I'm missing something that seriously is not cutting it.

Brick has been average so far but I can live with him, just give me more young guys that are busting their asses out there and I'll be happy. Please, please no more Ellis, DRob and CP. I can't take them anymore. Actually that is why I stopped watching and don't get angry anymore.

Did barton leave btw? I think wednesday might have been the last straw for him.

I would give Mangini a pass if he'd just bring in and start young players and work towards building something. Why the **** do we still have CP, DRob, Ellis, Vilma? Why did we get TJ? If LW was starting at RB, and all of these guys were replaced with draft picks I would have absolutely no problems with this season. Yeah we'd be 1-6 and the defense would be terrible but I wouldn't care. But instead we just do not have new players. We just have Mangold, Revis, Brick, and more recently Harris. That is 4 players from 2 entire drafts. C'mon now, unless I'm missing something that seriously is not cutting it.

Brick has been average so far but I can live with him, just give me more young guys that are busting their asses out there and I'll be happy. Please, please no more Ellis, DRob and CP. I can't take them anymore. Actually that is why I stopped watching and don't get angry anymore.

Did barton leave btw? I think wednesday might have been the last straw for him.

It's more than that but I agree. If you are rebuilding, then seasons like this can be accepted as long as you improve. But they have not brought in young players, they have not brought in young talent. So far only Mangold, DBrick, Revis, and Harris are potential young starters. Washington could be, but not with Jones around getting most of the carries. Smith is a one trick pony at this point.

If you think rebuilding is bringing in 4 new starters, then I guess you also think it should take 10 years to build a winner.

Archived