What record would he have now with Kid Clemens at QB all season?

SouthernJet

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1-8

Exactly...

Untill this "3-4" Defense finds a NT who can replace Robertson who is simply an average 4-3 DT and a garbage excuse for a "3-4 NT", and untill we go out and find a T.Suggs type OLB to replace Hobson or B.Thomas to rush the passes... Guess what? I think we may keep on getting L after L... No matter who the QB is

Exactly...

Untill this "3-4" Defense finds a NT who can replace Robertson who is simply an average 4-3 DT and a garbage excuse for a "3-4 NT", and untill we go out and find a T.Suggs type OLB to replace Hobson or B.Thomas to rush the passes... Guess what? I think we may keep on getting L after L... No matter who the QB is

Obviously, they need a NT. Maybe they can get a mid-rounder for D-Rob. Then I think they should move Hobson inside, trade Vilma, keep BT but get another OLB that can get some speed going out there. Some depth at DE would help as would another starting CB opposite Revis. Damn, this team needs a lot of help. A LG and RT is probably necessary for the O-Line. Let's see, what else? :bag:

didnt improve?

2nd best time of possesion game, we ran pass plays offensiveley we havent run all year.

wash #10 defense in nfl..

a few dropped passes and we score at least 10 more points..

And all of that led to 13 points.

We still saw 8 and 9 guys in the box. I thought that was all because Chad had a weak arm? Kellen's arm is substantially better, and we still saw it all game long.

We still saw the same dink and dunk offense that we've been seeing all year. The difference is that the passes were just to different areas of the field, but they were still short passes. He did throw a couple of long passes, but for the most part, it was all short passes. He wasn't launching balls down the field like everyone was expecting him to. Can he? Sure, but he was sticking to the same short passing game like we've had all year.

The real problem has not been Chads limitations like everyone thought it was. It has been the horrible palycalling. We can throw the ball down the field with or without Clemens yet our plays are all designed to go for about 6-12 yrds. That really pisses me off. Something has to be done about the playcalling, we wont put up many points playing like a pack of pussies!!!

The real problem has not been Chads limitations like everyone thought it was. It has been the horrible palycalling. We can throw the ball down the field with or without Clemens yet our plays are all designed to go for about 6-12 yrds. That really pisses me off. Something has to be done about the playcalling, we wont put up many points playing like a pack of pussies!!!

I think the reason for this is to keep our woeful defense off of the field. They probably figure if we can use up a lot of time then the defense will be on the field less. That's a good strategy if the playcalling is good, which it hasn't been.

We run when we probably should be passing, and we pass when we probably should be running. Look at the games we've had leads in during the second half...we hardly run the ball when we're ahead.

as greenbeans corrctly pointed out, dont blame schott for all the playcalling,,chad called equal to more audibles than any other starter in nfl,,he made a lot of those calls,,alot of them

I think the reason for this is to keep our woeful defense off of the field. They probably figure if we can use up a lot of time then the defense will be on the field less. That's a good strategy if the playcalling is good, which it hasn't been.

We run when we probably should be passing, and we pass when we probably should be running. Look at the games we've had leads in during the second half...we hardly run the ball when we're ahead.

If they want to keep the defense off the field, they should run the ball more. 42 passes and 20 runs? Sheesh. Chad didnt call the plays against the skins.

Why has Barnes been inactive? Activate barnes. He can block. That's what he does. They abandoned the running game because...they need more blocking?

Exactly...

You hit it right on the head. People who are saying the Jets would be 5-3 right now if Kellen started all along instead of Chad are going overboard. Kellen Clemens would have had to play like Peyton Manning on steroids to get this team to 5-3. Kellen lost two games as a starter and still has yet to win 1 game or even throw more than one TD pass in a game. Not saying Clemens played bad but he wasn't an all-pro either and he'd need to play like one to get this team to 5-3.

The reason the Jets go 1-8 with Clemens or Pennington is b/c of the horrific defense and running game.

If they want to keep the defense off the field, they should run the ball more. 42 passes and 20 runs? Sheesh. Chad didnt call the plays against the skins.

Why has Barnes been inactive? Activate barnes. He can block. That's what he does. They abandoned the running game because...they need more blocking?

I completely agree. At times Schotty calls our offense like he thinks we run the run-n-shoot. The problem is we're barely running anywhere and wind up shooting ourselves in the foot more times than not.

You hit it right on the head. People who are saying the Jets would be 5-4 right now if Kellen started all along instead of Chad are going overboard. Kellen Clemens would have had to play like Peyton Manning on steroids to get this team to 5-3. Kellen lost two games as a starter and still has yet to win 1 game or even throw more than one TD pass in a game. Not saying Clemens played terrible but he wasn't Tom Brady either.

The reason the Jets go 1-8 with Clemens or Pennington is b/c of the horrific defense and running game.

How about not throwing an INT returned for a TD? How about putting up more than 3 offensive points? Seems to me that was all on the QB. Remember Chad was playing a lot of **** Ds too, while Clemens is stuck playing top 10 Ds. I think those things win us games.

How about not throwing an INT returned for a TD? How about putting up more than 3 offensive points? Seems to me that was all on the QB. Remember Chad was playing a lot of **** Ds too, while Clemens is stuck playing top 10 Ds. I think those things win us games.

I actually like the fact that he isn't making glaring errors against the top D's. I think it's better to learn from the best D's as opposed to learning against the worst D's in the league and then going against the better D's later on. If he can function against the best D's he should be able to do it against lesser D's easier.

I completely agree. At times Schotty calls our offense like he thinks we run the run-n-shoot. The problem is we're barely running anywhere and wind up shooting ourselves in the foot more times than not.

And ultimately, i put the responsibility for the playcalls, gameplans and inactives on the HC. he has to know during the week that the OC is planning on throwing twice as much as running, and apparently okayed it. it has nothing to do with Chad audibling out of plays, as some here still want to blame him for stuff. he had nothing to do with the skins gameplan and playcalling.

Was barnes the guy who blasted Devito in the drill last week? Was he punished for it by not being active? Eric Smith still not playing S for missing a tackle three weeks ago? Mangina's doghouse is getting so large, he's going to start having to put people in the rookie dorm

;-)

Was barnes the guy who blasted Devito in the drill last week? Was he punished for it by not being active? Eric Smith still not playing S for missing a tackle three weeks ago? Mangina's doghouse is getting so large, he's going to start having to put people in the rookie dorm

;-)

Good point. Barnes not being active is a big head scratcher. Schotty came from SD where the benefit of a blocking fullback is obvious. And as far as Smith goes, why does Elam get free passes on huge ****ups? Missing a key tackle should land a player in the doghouse but so should general dumbness. I'd like to see what Smith can do if given a few starts.

Sep 9New EnglandLost 14-38

Sep 16@BaltimoreLost 13-20

Sep 23MiamiWon 31-28

Sep 30@BuffaloLost 14-17

Oct 7@N.Y. GiantsLost 24-35

Oct 14PhiladelphiaLost 9-16

Oct 21@CincinnatiLost 31-38

Oct 28BuffaloLost 3-13

Nov 4WashingtonLost 20-23

Would starting week 1 given him a little more comfort factor for week 2 vs Balt?

Do we win both Buffalo game?

Do we winn the Giants game when picks kille dus?

Philly game is probably a W if Chad doesnt play, Eagles D was beggin us to win?

Cincy game , toss-up?

D is still killing us, but the Offense I feel would have given us more points with Kid Clemens in there.

I say 5-3 probably at this point.

I think we would have won a few more games. Our DEFENSE or lack of it can hurt any QB we have! But Kellen could help bring the run game to the table with his stronger arm and ability to keep the opposing DEFENSE a bit more honest.

This is a good topic.

Let's say Tanginia's would have projected and forecast that we would be 1-8 now when they were 1-2 and still had control of the season let's look at it:

Game 4, Buffalo, this should have been a win, so we are now 2-2.

Game 5, Giants, I'll give the nod to the Giants, so we are now 2-3.

Game 6, Philly, this should have been a win, so we are now 3-3.

Game 7, Cincy, ough one but we should have won this, 4-3.

Game 8, Wash a win....5-3.

The thing to keep in mind here is the defenses would not have played KC the same way they played Penny.

In my opinion, the FO and the HC stubborness created this monster.

This is a good topic.

Let's say Tanginia's would have projected and forecast that we would be 1-8 now when they were 1-2 and still had control of the season let's look at it:

Game 4, Buffalo, this should have been a win, so we are now 2-2.

Game 5, Giants, I'll give the nod to the Giants, so we are now 2-3.

Game 6, Philly, this should have been a win, so we are now 3-3.

Game 7, Cincy, ough one but we should have won this, 4-3.

Game 8, Wash a win....5-3.

The thing to keep in mind here is the defenses would not have played KC the same way they played Penny.

In my opinion, the FO and the HC stubborness created this monster.

Not sure I'm following you. Clemens would have beat Washington? He didn't. Are you saying he'd have played that much better and they'd have won? I guess that's plausible, but I wouldn't give him credit for a win there. I also would not give him credit for a win v. Cincy. There is no reason to expect him to put up more than the 31 points Penny did. Their D may suck, but I think that's more points than his offenses have put up in his career. That one was on the D. The Giants game on the other hand....

Not sure I'm following you. Clemens would have beat Washington? He didn't. Are you saying he'd have played that much better and they'd have won? I guess that's plausible, but I wouldn't give him credit for a win there. I also would not give him credit for a win v. Cincy. There is no reason to expect him to put up more than the 31 points Penny did. Their D may suck, but I think that's more points than his offenses have put up in his career. That one was on the D. The Giants game on the other hand....

i think he is saying with 5 starts under his belt by wash game, that little more experience would have given us a few more points to avoid OT

They are playing him differently, they're blitzing him like crazy. Until he can make some huge plays against the blitz, they're going to keep doing it. It doesn't help that he doesn't have an OL in front of him that can block. Stunts and blitzes are giving our guys fits, and I think that falls on coaching. I'm really not liking this OL coach we have. Not at all.

even if clemens was in this team would still suck. my belief is no matter what yall say chiefs are gonna woop the jets. KC actually has a pass rush D is great in pass and good in run. O huard may suck but the jets d sucks huard will look like a superstar out there.

• 2 weeks later...

hahahaha

Pittsburgh, top defense in football..

Jets would likely be 6-4 with Clemens as starter...

His downfield throwing ability opens up running game,,his pocket presence is great, his scrambling adds another doimension..

Love Chad, but he hurt us this year,,his arm allowed defenses to easily scheme us...

hahahaha

His downfield throwing ability opens up running game,,his pocket presence is great, his scrambling adds another doimension..

Love Chad, but he hurt us this year,,his arm allowed defenses to easily scheme us...

concur- 6-4 or 5-5 at worst

Yesterday's game proves a few things:

1. We are not what our record says we are!

2. Clemens is the real deal and we will be fine next year with him.

3. Our Oline is not that bad.

4. The play calling is a little bit better but not by much.

5. The defense can be a force in the NFL.

6. And our record should not be 2-8 right now.....

7. Our record right now (11/19/2007) should be at worst 6-4!!!!!

hahahaha

Mangini has two weeks to prepare for the Steelers.

Defense and Jones won the game. Maybe if the D acutally showed up at times this year the Jets record wouldn't be 2-8.

Hopefully the Jets go on a bit of a run. Short week against this week with Dallas coming up Thursday. Win that game and then I will be sold.

I will be petitioning the NFL to have the Jets bye week scheduled after week 1 in 08.

Mangini has two weeks to prepare for the Steelers.

Defense and Jones won the game. Maybe if the D acutally showed up at times this year the Jets record wouldn't be 2-8.

Hopefully the Jets go on a bit of a run. Short week against this week with Dallas coming up Thursday. Win that game and then I will be sold.

I will be petitioning the NFL to have the Jets bye week scheduled after week 1 in 08.

you ought to be ashamed of yourself!! Whining on KC throughout the gamethread.....

there is a reason TJ had a good day.

hahahaha

We'd be 1-9 or 2-8 w/ KC as a starter BUT if our D played all season like it did on Sunday then we'd be around 7-3.

Clemens was awful for 57 mins on sunday, he put together a nice game tying drive(though if he doesnt' foolishly spike it maybe we win in regulation?) but other than that he was brutal including the underthrow to Coles which resulted in Coles' injury..

0-16. They would have lost every game, including this past one. And they would have lost the 6 remaining games in advance.

Funny thing is, if we were 1-9 or 2-8 with Clemens the whole season, can you imagine how many threads we'd have to endure about the way Chad would have this team to no worse than 7-3 at this point? lol

We'd be 1-9 or 2-8 w/ KC as a starter BUT if our D played all season like it did on Sunday then we'd be around 7-3.

Clemens was awful for 57 mins on sunday, he put together a nice game tying drive(though if he doesnt' foolishly spike it maybe we win in regulation?) but other than that he was brutal including the underthrow to Coles which resulted in Coles' injury..

Chad Luva'a unite:Nuts:

Funny thing is, if we were 1-9 or 2-8 with Clemens the whole season, can you imagine how many threads we'd have to endure about the way Chad would have this team to no worse than 7-3 at this point? lol

You're crazy - they'd say if Chad was in and healthy - we would have only lost to the chowds. And that loss would have been by a no time left field goal.

chads weak arm didnt lose trhe Giants game..

uh,,watch the tape,,KC plays in tha tgame, and those passes are complete or not intercepted,,chad threw absoute ducks up there

chads weak arm didnt lose trhe Giants game..

uh,,watch the tape,,KC plays in tha tgame, and those passes are complete or not intercepted,,chad threw absoute ducks up there

We had 2 double digit leads in that Giant game, we lost the lead for good on a 99 yd drive. If our D played all year like they did on sunday we would have been 7-3 at worst w/ Chad at QB.

We had 2 double digit leads in that Giant game, we lost the lead for good on a 99 yd drive. If our D played all year like they did on sunday we would have been 7-3 at worst w/ Chad at QB.

I'm with you on this. The D FINALLY showing up this pasy Sunday made all the difference. well at least most of it. IMO I think finally running TJ for 30 times in the game helped.

If you get into a shootout with Chad as your QB you are going to lose.

Defenses though should be able hold double digit leads 60-70 percent of the time during the season.

Story of the 07 Jets is this.

Offense plays well in the first half, defense sucks

Opponent adjusts at half time shuts down Jets offense, defense still sucks.

Jets have to come from behind late, Chad throws picks, receivers drop passes, coaches make wrong decisions, defense still sucks, Jets lose.

Every person on this roster has contributed to this horrific season.

Archived