What record would he have now with Kid Clemens at QB all season?

SouthernJet

Sep 9New EnglandLost 14-38

Sep 16@BaltimoreLost 13-20

Sep 23MiamiWon 31-28

Sep 30@BuffaloLost 14-17

Oct 7@N.Y. GiantsLost 24-35

Oct 14PhiladelphiaLost 9-16

Oct 21@CincinnatiLost 31-38

Oct 28BuffaloLost 3-13

Nov 4WashingtonLost 20-23

Would starting week 1 given him a little more comfort factor for week 2 vs Balt?

Do we win both Buffalo game?

Do we winn the Giants game when picks kille dus?

Philly game is probably a W if Chad doesnt play, Eagles D was beggin us to win?

Cincy game , toss-up?

D is still killing us, but the Offense I feel would have given us more points with Kid Clemens in there.

I say 5-3 probably at this point.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sep 23MiamiWon 31-28

Sep 30@BuffaloLost 14-17

Oct 28BuffaloLost 3-13

Would starting week 1 given him a little more comfort factor for week 2 vs Balt?

Cincy game , toss-up?

D is still killing us, but the Offense I feel would have given us more points with Kid Clemens in there.

its going to be hard to predict because this D cant stop the run or put pressure on the opposing QB

but clemens gives us the best chance to win so go clemens and go jets

I think we'd have a winning record but hindsight is easy because it is almost always correct.

No HC pulls his starting QB to start the season after going 10-6. We played a horrific team yesterday and STILL were dominated in both the offensive and defensive line trenches.

Mangini made the switch at QB, just not in hindsighter's timeline. While many will claim

otherwise, no-one could have predicted Chad's dropoff to the degree we saw. The 07 Jets even when we get good QB play as we did yesterday, still spring two to three leaks in other areas.

You can't blame the HC for Leon and Cotch's game changing drops yesterday and I am sure when there is a NT to be had, he will go after him.

I think we'd have a winning record but hindsight is easy because it is almost always correct.

No HC pulls his starting QB to start the season after going 10-6. We played a horrific team yesterday and STILL were dominated in both the offensive and defensive line trenches.

Mangini made the switch at QB, just not in hindsighter's timeline. While many will claim

otherwise, no-one could have predicted Chad's dropoff to the degree we saw. The 07 Jets even when we get good QB play as we did yesterday, still spring two to three leaks in other areas.

You can't blame the HC for Leon and Cotch's game changing drops yesterday and I am sure when there is a NT to be had, he will go after him.

:sign0098:

hypothetcial question,,of course he couldnt have pulled a 10-6 QB,,hypothetical,,geez

You can't blam our loses on one person. Even with Clemens starting, offensives would still run through our D. We would still have missed tackles. Nugent would still miss some FG's, our O-line would still suck, etc. etc.

agree on all points,,BUT, it sur elooks like clemens would haqve provided us opportunity for afew more points and we played many close games,,

don't underestimate the heartlessness of this defense they would have found a way to blow every single one of these 9 games-even our 1 win...I mean-they TRIED to lose that one too...so IMO Clemens might not have given us 1 more win-because when the chips are down every and any opponent does what the hell it pleases against this sorry excuse for an NFL defense

Even if the offense would have scored more points, our ****ty D would have given up more, just because they are that bad. They always give up just enough for us to lose.

funny KS-I pretty much said the exact same thing at the same time as you-I agree...this defense would have found a way to blow it-hey at least we don't have to sit here today and bitch about Chad AND the defense since we have a QB that is fun to watch

Sep 23MiamiWon 31-28

Sep 30@BuffaloLost 14-17

Oct 28BuffaloLost 3-13

Cincy game , toss-up?

We'd be 1-8, maybe 0-9. We don't have 1 win b/c of the QB. sure Chad hasn't played very well but the D has now blown 3 double digit leads in the last 5 weeks and they nearly blew that Miami game.

We'd be 1-8, maybe 0-9. We don't have 1 win b/c of the QB. sure Chad hasn't played very well but the D has now blown 3 double digit leads in the last 5 weeks and they nearly blew that Miami game.

Exactly ! The bottom line with this thread is that NO ONE will ever know. :sucks:

Exactly ! The bottom line with this thread is that NO ONE will ever know. :sucks:

If you claim no one would know why do you agree with a guy that says we'd be 0-9? How does he know?

Why do we even pick players if we can't project how they will do? Coaches that project correctly get great players and then win games. Coaches that constantly think that players aren't ready and won't be upgrades to players that are completely ineffective generally don't win and then get fired.

The correct projections for this team were that O-line needed to be fixed, and QB needed to be replaced. I was saying these things back during the draft. How is it that it was okay to tell me and other people that we are idiots back then, but when we are right those of you who failed so miserably to see this coming are still the experts and can tell us that we are bad at speculation? No, we saw better than Mangini on this and that is VERY troubling. Mangini is about as good at evaluating players and making decisions as the average status quo loving JN poster. We want him to be like BB, who is far better than anyone on a mb. The dude goes out and gets Wes Welker, I didn't think he'd be this awesome at all, because I'm not an NFL level GM/HC and it's obvious I'm not fit for the job. But if someone as unskilled as me can see the Chad Pennington and O-line and D-line problems coming from a mile away, what does that say about Mangini?

i think with KC we would have scored a few more points and had better time of possesion than chad did (keeping D off field a tad more) , letting us win a few of those very close games we lost...

Sep 23MiamiWon 31-28

Sep 30@BuffaloLost 14-17

Oct 28BuffaloLost 3-13

Cincy game , toss-up?

1-8.

undersatnd people, with KC on field the D doesnt have to be out on field as much,,anyone notice we had our 2nd highest time of possesion this season

:)

Keeping the "d" off the field is definitely a plus. If KC can continue to do that, it is an added benefit :)

exactly,,imagine what we might have donme with KC in there losening up defenses with stronger arm and giving our D a rest with better time of possesion

He didn't loosen up anything on Sunday though. I was still seeing plenty of 8 and sometimes 9 guys at the LOS from Washington. Until the playcalling improves, nothing will change.

He didn't loosen up anything on Sunday though. I was still seeing plenty of 8 and sometimes 9 guys at the LOS from Washington. Until the playcalling improves, nothing will change.

didnt improve?

2nd best time of possesion game, we ran pass plays offensiveley we havent run all year.

wash #10 defense in nfl..

a few dropped passes and we score at least 10 more points..

Archived