Gate D: MERGED 6X

K2C

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey einstein, bible thumpers and liberals usually don't go together. do some homework

They do when it comes to legislating rights. Political correctness=Liberal version of Biblebelt values. Both are intrusive and downright offensive. Learn the Bill of Rights, Socrates.

If I have kids, then I have a couple ex-girlfriends that have some explaining to do.

That being said, I generally don't have a problem with crazy drunk people, as long as their crazy drunkenness is confined to a well-demarcated area, so that those who wish to avoid it can.

it's a public stadium. it doesn't belong. what don't you get? i wouldn't want my kids to witness this at a football game for christs sake.go to a strip club if you want to see that. guess you would let your girlfriend do that too if you have one. bunch of drunks with no class is all it is. period.

They do when it comes to legislating rights. Political correctness=Liberal version of Biblebelt values. Both are intrusive and downright offensive. Learn the Bill of Rights, Socrates.

you have a lot of learning to do. i guess your former conservative mayor would approve then? how old are you? 25 at best?

I didn't own my last gf, and I am unlikely to own a future one. If she wants to do something silly, stupid, inappropriate, or vulgar, that would be her choice. I wouldn't encourage it, but I don't pretend that I could order her around.

That being said, I don't have a problem with them wanting to stop it, and it's within their rights. I'm just saying that if people aren't hurting each other, and their actions are somewhat secluded, then I don't mind people acting stupid.

you have a lot of learning to do. i guess your former conservative mayor would approve then? how old are you? 25 at best?

My conservative mayor? Learn your history and then we'll talk as I don't commiserate with personal attacking kooks. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

I didn't own my last gf, and I am unlikely to own a future one. If she wants to do something silly, stupid, inappropriate, or vulgar, that would be her choice. I wouldn't encourage it, but I don't pretend that I could order her around.

That being said, I don't have a problem with them wanting to stop it, and it's within their rights. I'm just saying that if people aren't hurting each other, and their actions are somewhat secluded, then I don't mind people acting stupid.

well i would hope that you could have a little more control over your girlfriend. there's a place and time for this, and a football game ain't the place.

It was just on Channel 5 News.

It's silly stuff. I've seen it before, though not in recent years. Even in the video the news showed, no one was acting involuntarily or being forced to do anything.

May be I'm old or crazy. This is the most important thing in the world today?There's 18 and 19 year old American soldiers getting their heads blown off in the Middle East for, damned if I know.We have crazed Islamics sworn to kill us all, almsot certainly looking to blow up or contaminate an American city. We have a currency and economy on the brink of freefall. And the media instead gives us these bread and circuses.

One more thing-may be if the NJSEA and Jets weren't bleeding us all white for parking and tickets and soon, PSLs, and making getting to and from the game a total ordeal, the crowd wouldn't be so amped up.You have no choice but to get there early and the concession prices require a home equity loan, so there's tailgating.If it was less time consuning tog et there, and less coslty, I'd love to drive up at 12:30 for a 1PM game. At Shea, that wasn't uncommon.Instead, they'vee created this situation. If you continually treat people like animals, don't be shocked when they start acting like animals. Or let off some steam.

NJSEA will have nothing to do with the PSLs.

Now onto the topic. what's going on is absolutely PATHETIC.. It's a FAMILY event and people with children go to these games.. Is it really THAT EXCITING to see someone's chest for 3 seconds? Get Cinemax.

NJSEA will have nothing to do with the PSLs.

Now onto the topic. what's going on is absolutely PATHETIC.. It's a FAMILY event and people with children go to these games.. Is it really THAT EXCITING to see someone's chest for 3 seconds? Get Cinemax.

I'm not defending it. But I'm at a loss why this is that big a deal. Is this the same NFL that has cheerleaders and beer commercials which are as bad and may be more risque than this? Oh, God no-not a nipple. How awful!Western civilization may be on th verge of collapse, but not because my 8-year old might see an expsoed areola at the Jets/Browns game. And again, when you continually treat people badly, don't be shocked when they behave badly.

New Jersey lawmaker calls for crackdown on harassment during Jets halftime

By ANGELA DELLI SANTI, Associated Press Writer

November 20, 2007

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Giants Stadium will bolster security in an effort to crack down on rowdy Jets fans who chant obscenely at women during halftime.

George Zoffinger, president of the agency that runs the stadium, said Tuesday he would increase the 370-member stadium security force for all remaining Jets and Giants home games.

"This boorish behavior should not be tolerated," Zoffinger told The Associated Press on Tuesday night.

Earlier, a top New Jersey lawmaker demanded a crackdown after The New York Times reported that Jets fans gather on a pedestrian ramp at halftime urging women to expose their breasts. When a woman obliges -- as one did at Gate D on Sunday during the game against Pittsburgh -- the crowd roars in approval.

New Jersey Senate President Dick Codey called for an investigation by the heads of the state police and the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority.

Codey said in a statement that Gate D apparently stands for "drunk and disgusting." He added that intimidation and obscenities have no place at sports events, and violators should have their tickets taken away and be removed from the stadium.

Codey was at Sunday's game, Zoffinger said, but didn't complain about the bad behavior before issuing his statement.

The Jets termed the behavior by the fans as "outrageous" and demanded the authority take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.

The authority "has assured us that they will address this conduct at all Meadowlands events," Matt Higgins, the Jets' senior vice president-business operations, said in a statement. "We will not allow a small minority of people to ruin the experience for our fans and will be monitoring the situation."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello called the conduct by the fans "unacceptable" and said the league was confident the authority will take "aggressive and appropriate" measures.

Zoffinger noted that bad behavior at sports events is nothing new, and state troopers and security guards at Giants Stadium deal with rowdy fans every week.

During Sunday's halftime, about 10 security guards in yellow jackets stood at the bottom of the circular, multilevel ramp, but did not move to stop the crowd of fans, the Times reported.

State police Sgt. Stephen Jones said troopers and security guards already are doing their jobs.

"Where people have been caught exposing themselves, they have been evicted from the stadium and often arrested," Jones told the AP. "Where other fans exhibit dangerous or illegal behaviors including harassment, they have been dealt with in similar fashion."

security should have stopped this long ago, but didnt because it never hurt anyone.

its fun watching politicians and do-gooders get all worked up in a tizzy and none of them witnessed what took place. I'm sure there are some bigger issues in the state of NJ and in the country that need to be addressed.

And if the NFL, NJ, and all the blowhards want it to be a family event, which it should be, they should ban alcohol sales and prevent drunk fans from entering. But that will never happen.

The Jets termed the behavior by the fans as "outrageous" and demanded the authority take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Matt Higgins, the Jets' senior vice president-business operations, said in a statement. "We will not allow a small minority of people to ruin the experience for our fans and will be monitoring the situation."

guess that doesnt mean the team on the field... otherwise they would have done something about it.

security should have stopped this long ago, but didnt because it never hurt anyone.

its fun watching politicians and do-gooders get all worked up in a tizzy and none of them witnessed what took place. I'm sure there are some bigger issues in the state of NJ and in the country that need to be addressed.

And if the NFL, NJ, and all the blowhards want it to be a family event, which it should be, they should ban alcohol sales and prevent drunk fans from entering. But that will never happen.

Great point. This is why they won't let people like you question them.

Family Events?

If you live in the US a huge family event probably means a lot of food, maybe unhealthy, and half your family wasted on beer, wine, hard liquor or who knows what else. We also live in a society where doctors and politicians push tons of drugs that do nothing but calm peoples nerves....

So what is a real family event? If there were no alcohol, I'm sure most people wouldn't even bother going to a family event. Yeah some people can get out of hand and maybe your one crazy uncle or grandparent gets too drunk, but that is all part of it..

People who harm others should be punished, but why punish everybody else cause a few stupid people can't handle their beer.

I'm sick of people pushing the "Anti-everything" policies. Why don't we all just lock ourselves up in a room cause nothing should be legal. Give me a break...

Like I said, family tradition for most people probably means half their families were drunk. So creating a family atmosphere isn't what you want. It's creating a fake atmosphere where everybody just folds their hands and never boo.

hey einstein, bible thumpers and liberals usually don't go together. do some homework

well aren't you the genius who is lacking in reading comprehension. He is pointing out that for once this is an issue that those two groups can agree on, as in they usually don't agree on issues. Maybe you are a little quick to play messageboard toughguy? Why not reread a post next time before pulling out the sarcasm, umkay?

Sorry, but I think Jets fans as a whole are the worst fans in the NFL.... maybe any sport, short of Ranger fans back in the 80's. From booing Pennington, to selling out the stadium to Steeler fans, and now this. Having said that, I can't really blame those who sold their tix to Pitt fans.... who wants to go thru this sort of nonsense? Low life low class. I feel for those people that are decent human beings and just want to watch their team in their own staduim without this sort of nonsense. I used to love going to games, but it's gotten progressively worse over the decades. I'm still a Jets fan, but I won't rub elbows for 400 bucks with these idiots at the stadium.

This franchise still has plenty of hard core, loyal dedicated fans, but the percentage of complete *******s has gone up exponentially over the past 5+ years. Bottom line, it isn't even safe to go to games anymore, nevermind being put off by a bunch of cursing loud mouth alchy's that are looking for a fight. Jets fans are getting more and more like these so called soccer hooligans in the UK. The Meadowlands need to beef up security and come down hard on these jerks.

This sure has been tough year to call myself a Jets fan without being embarrassed by that fact.

Family Events?

If you live in the US a huge family event probably means a lot of food, maybe unhealthy, and half your family wasted on beer, wine, hard liquor or who knows what else. We also live in a society where doctors and politicians push tons of drugs that do nothing but calm peoples nerves....

So what is a real family event? If there were no alcohol, I'm sure most people wouldn't even bother going to a family event. Yeah some people can get out of hand and maybe your one crazy uncle or grandparent gets too drunk, but that is all part of it..

People who harm others should be punished, but why punish everybody else cause a few stupid people can't handle their beer.

I'm sick of people pushing the "Anti-everything" policies. Why don't we all just lock ourselves up in a room cause nothing should be legal. Give me a break...

Like I said, family tradition for most people probably means half their families were drunk. So creating a family atmosphere isn't what you want. It's creating a fake atmosphere where everybody just folds their hands and never boo.

Who do you think you are? You deign to assume that most families are chock-full of alcoholics?

You should return Garb's horse.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/20/sports/football/20fans.html?_r=2&ref=sports&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

I swear..our fans suck. Attendance issues...now this?

I'm all for a chick pulling out her D's in the freezing cold..but to spit on her and throw beer when she doesn't? Pathetic.

hey if i saw this during training camp at the meadowlands i wouldve purchased season tickets, or atleast paid to get on the list

I'd note that immediately before the 11PM news, CBS had a promo for their Jimmy Smits show lasting about 1 minute consisting entirely of various barely-clothed parties hopping in and out of bed for the purposes of having sex with each other, kissing each other and implied that some of these people were not so engaged with their spouses. Fox 5 is a part of a network that often features shows of less than Masterepiece Theater/Edith Wharton treatment of human sexual relations. Their print and internet ads for "Nip/Tuck" (a show I've never seen) are basically what you might find in Playboy or Penthouse.

The NY Times has all kinds of stories each and every day about the wonders of alternative lifstyles and makes a point of not being judgmental(the most awful sin in the PC pantheon except when directed at hetrosexual males) under any circumstances.You can also step outside of the Times building and see huge billboards featuring females in various states of undress featuring dozens of products, none of which the Times has ever seen fit to complain about.

The Daily News and other newspapers accept adds from strip joints. They also post betting lines, yet sports betting is illegal in America outside of Nevada.

The Steeler fan featured on the Channel 2 story seemed to be grasping at straws to express what took place, that it made her FEEL uncomfortable. Heaven forbid. I'm a tad familiar with the criminal law. There was nothing she described that constituted a crime;feelings, nothing more than feelings.

This spiral thing has been going on for a while. It's not classly, but it's also not that big a deal, unless you're looking to get offended.It's also harmless. There hasn't been one instance of anyone alleging any criminality or forced sexual contact. There's nothing that annoys me more than manufactured outrage,and that's all this is. And it's going to be one of the reasons Woody Johnson and the NJSEA will hammer us all with a PSL to get a "better class of people"at the game. And it gives the PC media yet another chance to make the regular guy look bad. This is all smoke and mirrors. And I'm tired of douchebags in the media holding American football fans in general and Jets fans in particular as what's wrong with this country. Because it's crap.

The jersey fans are behind this PR nightmare. This never woulda happened if they played on Long island.

:P

Are you saying that no group of men would ever want a Long Island girl to flash them? Wow that is a bit harsh man.

:)

My 5 cents.....

I'm driving home from Boston yesterday an my phone rings....

Bren, were those your boobies at Gate D all over YOU TUBE, the news, my space...blah blah blah

for the record THEY ARE NOT MY BOOBIES.....

Gate D has been my entrance since 1989. My boobs have not been out since 1999. That stuff has been going on for years an now this one Steeler fan Dawn calls the news an makes a big tado. Can we just enjoy 1 victory in peace. I have been to a lot of stadiums including 3 Rivers an Heinz an saw lots of drunken girls showing their boobies...an they were not JET fans....so anyway get over it. IT IS not against the law to yell an cheer ur team on on the ramps.

Anyway about the batchorlor last nite ....he REJECTED both girls....hahahahah

My 5 cents.....

I'm driving home from Boston yesterday an my phone rings....

Bren, were those your boobies at Gate D all over YOU TUBE, the news, my space...blah blah blah

for the record THEY ARE NOT MY BOOBIES.....

Gate D has been my entrance since 1989. My boobs have not been out since 1999. That stuff has been going on for years an now this one Steeler fan Dawn calls the news an makes a big tado. Can we just enjoy 1 victory in peace. I have been to a lot of stadiums including 3 Rivers an Heinz an saw lots of drunken girls showing their boobies...an they were not JET fans....so anyway get over it. IT IS not against the law to yell an cheer ur team on on the ramps.

Anyway about the batchorlor last nite ....he REJECTED both girls....hahahahah

Maybe they should have been out more often... we could have won a few

more games... ;)

Are you saying that no group of men would ever want a Long Island girl to flash them? Wow that is a bit harsh man.

:)

It takes a unique group to spit and throw beer at a girl who wont flash for them. That this happened in jersey isnt surprising.

;)

Archived