Possible Vilma Landing Spot

Jetscode1

How much would Shanahan give up for Vilma?

I'm thinking the Broncos would pony up at least a second and possibly a first for Vilma. That would give the JETS two picks in the top half of the draft...

The Broncos' Christmas wish list has seldom been longer. They are no longer in a position to trade away draft picks for the privilege of moving up in the first round, as they have each of the past two years. And Shanahan faces some big questions. Although D.J. Williams has made the best of a bad situation, the single biggest upgrade the Broncos could make might be to bring in a legitimate middle linebacker who would allow Williams to move to the weak side and create a little havoc. In any case, they need an upgrade over Nate Webster on the strong side. Anyway you look at it, this unit needs a makeover. The NFL doesn't see many big trades anymore, but Shanahan made two when he acquired Champ Bailey and Dre Bly. If he doesn't have enough draft picks or free agent money to fill all his team's holes, might it be worth dealing a corner or two to help restock the cupboard?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl?cnn=yes&page=2

How much would Shanahan give up for Vilma?

I'm thinking the Broncos would pony up at least a second and possibly a first for Vilma. That would give the JETS two picks in the top half of the draft...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl?cnn=yes&page=2

This isn't just me being a hater but I don't think Vilma is worth a 1st. round pick at this point. Too many questions about his knees.

This isn't just me being a hater but I don't think Vilma is worth a 1st. round pick at this point. Too many questions about his knees.

I think he will, quite simply because so many teams are desperate for athletic LB's.

IMO he will go to Cinci. They will have a new coach me think, who will more than likely try to bring in some good charachter guys and re-build that D. He would be a great fit in that system which requires the LB's to be very fast.

P.S. That does not mean we're getting Chad Johnson before some idiot brings that possibility up again.

He wasnt worth a 1st rd pick BEFORE his knee injury.

I'd jump at a 2nd rd pick for Vilma, especially if its a 33-45 pick.

He wasnt worth a 1st rd pick BEFORE his knee injury.

I'd jump at a 2nd rd pick for Vilma, especially if its a 33-45 pick.

Though I agree with you, it only takes one team to believe in Vilma for him to command a first round pick. I didnt think they'd do so well for Abraham considering the surrounding circumstances but they were able to get a first rounder for him.

One of the latest rumors circulating is that WR Roy Williams from the Lions wants out of Detroit. The interesting tidbit is that the Lions really need a middle LB like Jonathan VIlma who would fit perfectly with thier defense. Both players are coming of injury's and may make sense for both teams to swap even.

One of the latest rumors circulating is that WR Roy Williams from the Lions wants out of Detroit. The interesting tidbit is that the Lions really need a middle LB like Jonathan VIlma who would fit perfectly with thier defense. Both players are coming of injury's and may make sense for both teams to swap even.

now we are talking

get er done

I hate the thought of giving up on Vilma. He is a real difference maker - in the right system. We no longer have that system. It'd be great to trade him to a team that knows how to use him and get equal value back. That Roy Williams deal sounds too good to be true. That would be great!

I like Vilma in the 4-3 but would be happy with this trade. Git R Done!

I know proposing trades is the mother's milk of these boards. But plain and simple, Vilma is too small to worth more than a 2 or a 3. Guards regularly push him down field like a blocking sled, and when he does get to a ball carrier, they're dragging him a yard or 2 more. I know he's FROM MIAMI and a FORMER #1 PICK, but the on-the-field results aren't worth a #1.

the Jets simply cannot trade an injured Jon Vilma - they will get robbed on the open market

this year was supposed to be an 'audition' year for Vilma, but he was injured for most of the year. how can we audition a guy who was hurt? Who knows maybe he was hiding the injury all year? he was DROY he deserves another shot.

also FWIW Hobson and Barton are definately gone, they can't replace all these guys in one year.

Archived