Run DMC or Gholston???

Kidhuman

Which would you rather have?

Alot of Mock Drafts have shown McFadden fall from the top 5. A RB of is caliber could be great for us in years to come. He will be sort of a bargain price(considering how high he will be drafted). A RB twosome of Jones and him could be effective, power and finesse.

Gholston will sure up the line at DE. It is a hole to be filled, and likely Chris Long will go before him in the draft.

I say McFadden can help us out better in the long run of things. If he(is drafted and) does well this year, we could cut Jone in 09 and save some cap space.

As of now, my pick is Gholsten. We'll see what happens in the rest of FA though, we can end up trading down as well.

Anyway, Gholsten would play OLB for us, not DE, and it's Chris Long, not Chris Young.

Gholston would likely be a hybrid type like Merriman or Ware. Listed as an OLB but playing a lot of DE too

I'm thinkin Gholston or McElivin the CB from Troy and return guy..He is a "serious balla. DMC appears to have serious character issues which include 4 kids-4-different baby momma's. Thats some serious ass reckless behavior right there! We put 25 mill in his pocket I doubt his decision making process improves,,he just upgrades the booty. NYC is no place for an immature footballin millionaire. RB is a position we are solid and with the upgrade on the O-line we are good to go...jets have options here now which is a good thing.

As of now, my pick is Gholsten. We'll see what happens in the rest of FA though, we can end up trading down as well.

Anyway, Gholsten would play OLB for us, not DE, and it's Chris Long, not Chris Young.

Thanks, fixed it. I dont know why I put Young, I wish he would fall to the Jets. If he is there, they need to draft him

But in the future we're going to need a RB more than a pass rusher.

RB prospects are not so rare that we need to draft this dumbass #6 overall. We just signed Jones to a 4-year deal last year. We didn't do that to proceed with the logic that 1 year into it we have to burn a top-10 pick on his replacement b/c of his age.

I'd be blown away in amazement if we drafted McFadden. 1 in 10 chance at best.

RB prospects are not so rare that we need to draft this dumbass #6 overall. We just signed Jones to a 4-year deal last year. We didn't do that to proceed with the logic that 1 year into it we have to burn a top-10 pick on his replacement b/c of his age.

I'd be blown away in amazement if we drafted McFadden. 1 in 10 chance at best.

Agreed. DMC should even enter the discussion.

If both are there i say take gholston, but the question could arise that both Chris Long and Gholston are off the board. I find it very likely that gholston could be drafted by the raiders and that leaves us with mcfadden and everyone else. I would than have to say trade down even if it means taking a little less than market value. If that's not possible i would take mcfadden over any of the cornerbacks any day of the week.

Not really, because in 2-3 years when TJ is done, we will have Leon who is a beast. I think weres et at the RB position ecspecially since now our OL is getting better.

Right now Jones should be penciled in for 1300 yards, and 10 TD's. Signing or drafting another OLmen means more yards, and more TD's.

Gholston.

The most glaring need on this team is a dominant 34 OLB who can rush the passer and beat one on one blockers. McFadden will not be as good as many will make you believe, he's a bust in waiting. But really, that doesn't matter. All that matters is what makes the Jets a better team and Gholston will have a bigger impact than McFadden would have. After that, if we do indeed sign Damien Woody to compete with Anthony Clement, in Round 2 you address the Wide Receiver position with either a tall or fast wideout, but it would be best if you could find the combination in one.:beer:

Gholston.

The most glaring need on this team is a dominant 34 OLB who can rush the passer and beat one on one blockers. McFadden will not be as good as many will make you believe, he's a bust in waiting. But really, that doesn't matter. All that matters is what makes the Jets a better team and Gholston will have a bigger impact than McFadden would have. After that, if we do indeed sign Damien Woody to compete with Anthony Clement, in Round 2 you address the Wide Receiver position with either a tall or fast wideout, but it would be best if you could find the combination in one.:beer:

:yeahthat::toot:dead nuts joe,took the words right outa ...you know what I mean :) can't set myself up for that one lol.That's mod talk

Yeah, after Brady retires. For now, the Jets still have to beat the Patriots to go anywhere. And as the Giants showed, there is only one way to beat the Patriots. A great pass rush.

Gholston

I'm not sold on McFadden in anyway. Seems more "Reggie Bush" than "Adrian Peterson".

I really don't like the build of his lower body. Thin legs and they go dead after first contact. He's a lot like Bush except with a bit more size. He's versatile and a home run threat but I have serious doubts about him being able to handle 25-30 carries a game. Add that to the off the field problems and screwing everything that moves.

I think Mendenhall is the better player to be honest.

I say take Gholston because it seems we're finally hell bent on installing a true two gap 3-4 with the addition of Jenkins and the Vilma trade. We need a dynamite passrusher and Vernon, even with the supposed lack of effort on running plays, can be that guy.

Gholston or trade down

I agree.

I'm usually a bigger fan of drafting offense, and I'm always a fan of trading down, but this team is in desperate need of a pass rusher. If Gholston can be that guy, they have to get him. And you have to believe that if the Jets leave him on the board, he'll be a Patriot two minutes later.

In the end, I can't see the Jets passing on a Buckeye who represents value and fills a need.

Archived