My Official Apology Thread..

Favorite_Toon

To all on this board,

For the past few months you guys had to endure countless posts about "That Player" and even though I can say just dont read it... it can be very annoying.. I want us to draft "that player" obviously and would be close to devestated if we dont.. but wil be happy with anyone except for leodis mckelvin...

Now back to my apology.. I am sorry that I have went on and on about this..I am also sorry that you guys have viewed me as a guythat just wants to post about 1 thing.. I will be on this site posting about everything once this draft is over reguardless who we pick...

I am so excited for this draft i cant even begin to tell you... I been counting the days for over a month.. and been thinking about the draft since the last game vs the chiefs...

I do respect all of your opinions and what I love about you guys is that you share the same passion for the jets as I do.. I speak to people at my job or in my area about the jets but its not the same.. they have no clue who the jets picked up or the schedule or anything... so here its cool to connect with your fellow fans..

Anyways.. will it be Matt Ryan? Will it Be "that Player" will it be "Gholston" we shall soon find out.. and around 4:20 we will have all eyes on the commisioner as he walks to the podium and tells us who we will be joing our team and who we will be rooting for the next several years..

Best time of the spring is here... Good luck to all of you...no matter who you want us to pick..

To all on this board,

For the past few months you guys had to endure countless posts about "That Player" and even though I can say just dont read it... it can be very annoying.. I want us to draft "that player" obviously and would be close to devestated if we dont.. but wil be happy with anyone except for leodis mckelvin...

Now back to my apology.. I am sorry that I have went on and on about this..I am also sorry that you guys have viewed me as a guythat just wants to post about 1 thing.. I will be on this site posting about everything once this draft is over reguardless who we pick...

I am so excited for this draft i cant even begin to tell you... I been counting the days for over a month.. and been thinking about the draft since the last game vs the chiefs...

I do respect all of your opinions and what I love about you guys is that you share the same passion for the jets as I do.. I speak to people at my job or in my area about the jets but its not the same.. they have no clue who the jets picked up or the schedule or anything... so here its cool to connect with your fellow fans..

Anyways.. will it be Matt Ryan? Will it Be "that Player" will it be "Gholston" we shall soon find out.. and around 4:20 we will have all eyes on the commisioner as he walks to the podium and tells us who we will be joing our team and who we will be rooting for the next several years..

Best time of the spring is here... Good luck to all of you...no matter who you want us to pick..

Don't apologize for your passion. In the end, nobody knows what any kid will do in the pros until he gets there. And some times it takes awhile for the final judgement, although usually not for a RB. He may be the next Gale Sayers or the next Blair Thomas. Undoubtedly something in between. The multi million dollar is where in between. I am against taking "that player" for various reasons. However, if the Jets do take him, wouldn't that be great if he did turn into the next Sayers. If that happens I will sing your praises until the end of time. ;)

Don't apologize for your passion. In the end, nobody knows what any kid will do in the pros until he gets there. And some times it takes awhile for the final judgement, although usually not for a RB. He may be the next Gale Sayers or the next Blair Thomas. Undoubtedly something in between. The multi million dollar is where in between. I am against taking "that player" for various reasons. However, if the Jets do take him, wouldn't that be great if he did turn into the next Sayers. If that happens I will sing your praises until the end of time. ;)

Thank you.. and I appreciate that... :)

If Max were a responsible administrator of this site, he would put a crisis hot line in place, with a direct feed to Toon's computer for Saturday.

He would also have two mods on stand by to talk Toon off the ledge.

Max is sending me by toon's draft party to eat some free pizza and make sure he doesn't kill himself. We got everything under control. ;)

lets see....the draft starts at 3pm...we pick #6...they shortened the 1st round to 10 mins per team....that means we will pick no later then 4 pm...

If you don't watch till 4:20, you will miss the pick,,,, just saying

btw, I can't wait for it all to end, you drive me crazy

lets see....the draft starts at 3pm...we pick #6...they shortened the 1st round to 10 mins per team....that means we will pick no later then 4 pm...

If you don't watch till 4:20, you will miss the pick,,,, just saying

btw, I can't wait for it all to end, you drive me crazy

IM not saying that we wont watch it till 420... just saying thats when the pic should be up...

I wil be watching the pre draft special starting at 1 on espn lol

To all on this board,

Dude...Don't ever apologize for what you write on here about the Jets unless it gets personal with the other posters and members. Personally, I applaud how you've stuck with DMC in your head for over a month now, because you are a better man than I. I personally have waivered from Gholston being God, to DMC being an impact offensive player we have always lacked ever since the beginning, to Chris Long (Because I think he might be available at #6...So in summary, I think that DMC could be a great player, I personally am a defensive guy especially when you're going up against NE in the division two times a year. I share the same passion, probably an understatement, for the Jets. I always will. I don't care about how people perceive me especially about rooting for teams and franchises, so I would give you this advice...never allow another person to sway your opinion unless you've personally made the decision to reconsider.

BY THE WAY...this is why C. Long will be available at #6, which is solely based on the K.C. Chiefs IMO. See the chiefs should pick Branden Albert at #5 because the money that will have to be paid out between them choosing Chris Long at #6 and an OLineman at #17(which they got from Minn.), will far exceeds the money that they would have to pay Branden Albert and a DE like Phillip Merling/Derrick/Harvey/Calais Campbell. That's just one point.

If I was building a team, I would center it on the 2nd Top OLineman - Branden Albert (who also is versatile in that he can play OT or OG) and a still very high tier DE like Phillip Merling or Derrick Harvey. And at 17 folks, one of those two is certainlyyy on the board.

So I guess it comes down to....which tandem do you like more??

#5. Chris Long/#17. Gosder Cherilus or Chris Williams (To me...17 is too high for Cherilus)

OR

#5. Branden Albert OT/OG/#17. Phillip Merling

I go with the latter. and so does herm. [but I'm also somewhat biased for C. Long]...also Long has only played in a 3-4, doesnt K.C. play in a 4-3 or Rover 2 or some sh*%??

To all on this board,

regret nothing. learn from everything. apologies aren't a necessity when you're a jet fan. now, although i'm on the other side of the chain-link fence, i can understand the cries of the mcfadden proponents. it's always nice to watch someone score from 40+ yards out on one play, but it's of no use when that same score can be rendered moot by an opposing O that score just the same. and what happens when we play NE twice a year and they have a D that can definitely stop the one offensive weapon we'll have in mcfadden?

that said, i have to agree with Jets1Fan in drafting D. especially when we share the division with NE. our team is on the cusp of assembling what could be a truly elite defense. so, why not follow through? rattling tom brady is a proven way to beat the pats and i don't see how a "world-class" RB is going to discourage a future HOF (read complete product of his O-line) like tom brady. excluding QBs, offensive talent is easier/quicker to develop and each and every year it seems the draft has one of those "once in a lifetime" offensive players. and besides our O only sucked it up last year because of the line play. if brady had our O-line people would not be so quick to anoint him.

Now where is NYJET29 apology thread.

Call it a hunch but I don't think he will be starting that thread anytime soon. You might see it as a post. But I highly doubt it will appear as a new thread.

:)

If Max were a responsible administrator of this site, he would put a crisis hot line in place, with a direct feed to Toon's computer for Saturday.

He would also have two mods on stand by to talk Toon off the ledge.

POTW NOM!!!

Call it a hunch but I don't think he will be starting that thread anytime soon. You might see it as a post. But I highly doubt it will appear as a new thread.

:)

The new secret weapon has been deployed. :lol:

To all on this board,

Never apologize. You did what you did. Hopefully you learned not to an ass with starting new threads about the same thing over and over. Then you will be better than DMC since you learned from your mistakes. :)

But the draft is almost here. We'll know by tomorrow evening who we got. And then we can turn our attention to: why didnt we draft X,Y, or Z... blah blah blah.

its going to get real lame in here come sunday evening.

To all on this board,

If McFadden is still there, go nuts with new DMC threads while we're on the clock &/or after we pick him. We all know you've been looking forward to that very scenario & will be watching from home. But after that, let it cool down so we don't get a repeat.

Go Jets!

yea, if we do pick DMC, no I TOLD YOU SO crap ok?

Hey, if we take DMC he can give it to lots of us good (myself included). He's been calling McFadden to the Jets since before FA began.

Those two dozen threads we had to merge together got supremely annoying. But it's draft day tomorrow. Have a heart.

Archived