Is Ratliff the next Romo?

InstantClassic

Could the football tide be swinging? Can the Jets actually have a diamond in the rough?

I can see this playing out like Romo. Sitting in the wings, waiting for the team to thrust him in to a starting role. Romo came out of nowhere, and I think we may have something special in this kid.

EDIT: Damnit, the logos are still off on my browser. Can a mod change this to the Jets logo please?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's more than that Rillo.

Mangini has praised this kid like crazy, and he doesn't do that often. Training camp reports from both posters here and newspapers have said how sharp he looks.

Favre giving him some pointers can't help either..

:toot:

Could the football tide be swinging? Can the Jets actually have a diamond in the rough?

I can see this playing out like Romo. Sitting in the wings, waiting for the team to thrust him in to a starting role. Romo came out of nowhere, and I think we may have something special in this kid.

Ratliff has a one year contract. Could be playing for the bills next year :P

Yeah, Ratliff is definitely the next Romo.

But the fact that Erik Ainge is going to be the next Peyton Manning means it doesn't really matter either way, I mean they both went to the same college, it's clear.

That actually would have made sense if Romo and Ratlif went to the same college.

its only one preseason game? then why did he take the 2nd qb job from kellen? ratliff is gonna be the real deal.

I'm with you. I read the reports last year, I've read them this year and I saw the few games he played in preseason. I also said i think he may be better than kellen a while ago before being told that undrafted free agents can't hack it in the NFL. Which is BS.

There is nothing that says this guy can't be a special player and there is no reason not to have optimism in a player that has consistantly played well for the jets, practice squad or else-where.

Welcome to the BR fan club. :)

Bump.

I'll reserve judgment until I see him play on the 1st team offense against a 1st team defense.

Do you remember Michael Bishop (I don't blame you if you dont). He was a preseason stud. I think he is playing in the CFL or AFL nowadays.

I'll reserve judgment until I see him play on the 1st team offense against a 1st team defense.

Do you remember Michael Bishop (I don't blame you if you dont). He was a preseason stud. I think he is playing in the CFL or AFL nowadays.

yeah they brought him in for hail mary's, that's it

Archived