Ads on football forums: Discussion thread MERGED

flgreen

The funny part is the mods keep saying "This is all a big misunderstanding, I think"

Meanwhile Sooth is vacationing in Tibet

Oh man, you are so gonna be on double secret probation when sooth comes back from tibet.

:rl:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C'mon Jetswin your a pretty good guy, you have to admit that is a funny thread. I posted it for it's humor value, and it has a lot. It's not "SITE WARS" just funny.

For the record, Max isn't involved in this.

It is funny, you're right, the only reason I popped in was someone tried to get a little something going. It got shut down before any damage was done.

C'mon Jetswin your a pretty good guy, you have to admit that is a funny thread. I posted it for it's humor value, and it has a lot. It's not "SITE WARS" just funny.

For the record, Max isn't involved in this.

I am innocent, innocent I tell you.

I can't see the ads because I am IP blocked. The proxy I uses filters all that out. Are they bad? Someone said there was a redirect in there?

I personally don't agree with advertising that takes you to another page. I guess that is why I will die broke. And I am not sure if Bitonti was taking a swipe at JN or not. But either way just to clear up the record, the site crashed when Favre signed because I am an idiot and a complete Unix Hack.

Our bandwidth was fine. Big difference. I may be stupid, but I am not cheap. :-P

I can't see the ads because I am IP blocked. The proxy I uses filters all that out. Are they bad? Someone said there was a redirect in there?

I personally don't agree with advertising that takes you to another page. I guess that is why I will die broke. And I am not sure if Bitonti was taking a swipe at JN or not. But either way just to clear up the record, the site crashed when Favre signed because I am an idiot and a complete Unix Hack.

Our bandwidth was fine. Big difference. I may be stupid, but I am not cheap. :-P

i wish i knew what you were talking about. :lol:

2ah8p5

That's what you get for not leaving it to GreenBeans I guess. :)

Would've been better business if you left the Unix alone and remembered the ad banner that could've been up for Favre's signing. Or you could've added some side-scrolling and redirect ads for even more revenue. :bag:

Yes the redirect went directly to the Tunacan Studios website. Strange.

That's what you get for not leaving it to GreenBeans I guess. :)

Would've been better business if you left the Unix alone and remembered the ad banner that could've been up for Favre's signing. Or you could've added some side-scrolling and redirect ads for even more revenue. :bag:

He did, homie - box is running great, the software on the box (which I will not name, but it is not Max's fault) is not. My bad, not Max's. :bag:

He did, homie - box is running great, the software on the box (which I will not name, but it is not Max's fault) is not. My bad, not Max's. :bag:

Damn, Max didn't even blame this one on you! :)

But, to be honest, I would much rather have faulty software on a good box than be stuck with dirty/unsafe advertising on good software. Why? You can be confident with a person like yourself behind the wheels the problem will get fixed, while the advertising will only get worse as part of one man's vicious need for money. So just keep up the work, you do a lot more good than bad for the site. I disagree with the direction JI is taking and has been taking. :cheers:

Heres what I think happened...

Sooth figured "oh cool a new way to make money off people, lets try it"

**** they are mad at me, Buzzsaw.... tell them its a big mishap... somebody accidentally added plug-ins for two different ads on purpose.

**** they are mad at me, Buzzsaw.... tell them its a big mishap... somebody accidentally added plug-ins for two different ads on purpose.

The worst part for JI users is that the pop-up ads only affect them. I read that thread with no issues at all.

Yeah and he conveniently left on "vacation" so he can reap the benefits for a while before he has to take it down. I about spit out my drink when one of the mods suggested that the instant that Sooth logs in everything will just go away.

Anyone know what happened to Tom Shane? That was the guy who invited me here once upon a time. Anyone hear from him lately?

No, he turned on Max and went back to the other side and nobody has heard from him since. Kinda scary really. :ahhh:

The funny part is the mods keep saying "This is all a big misunderstanding, I think"

Meanwhile Sooth is vacationing in Tibet

bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the ass-kiss sycophants on that site are effing lame, it seems more and more people are speaking out, but the few "55 dollar friends" who are admiring the emperors clothes are just annoying.

Archived