Thomas Jones

CobraVerde

Just wanna talk about his performance. Great job running the football. There was great blocking going on. Im happy to see him get 101 yrds and a td in the opening game. Hearing his post game comments makes me wonder how much he actually hated playing with Chad. Every other sentence was how you have to respect a guy who can throw it downfield and how that opens up the running game. discuss. :Typotux:

I still think Thomas dances too much and doesn't trust his blockers enough. He does finish runs and plays tough. His post game comments suggest he was excited, hates the Dollfish (who doesn't?), and likes the Favra.

Good game for him. We need 123 yards and at least one score next week.

His performance today had a lot less to do with Chad\Brett and a lot more to do with the guys in front of him.

He ran right very well. I was curious to see how well they would run right this year, today it looked good.

Thats what happens when the man with the 5th most yards in the NFL from 2005-2007 gets an NFL Offensive Line. He runs well. Thomas Jones is going to run for 1,300+ yards in 2008. Looked impressive today against a team thats better against the run than it is the pass.

Way to add absolutely nothing to the conversation... next time :shutit:

:rl: That's why I usually roll my eyes at what ever he says. Mr Negative that's him. I've liked Jones from the time we picked him up. 1100 yards last year with a crap QB and crap O line. If he stays healthy I expect big things from him.

:rl:That's why I usually roll my eyes at what ever he says. Mr Negative that's him. I've liked Jones from the time we picked him up. 1100 yards last year with a crap QB and crap O line. If he stays healthy I expect big things from him.

So that explains why you kept PMing me a few weeks ago asking for my opinion about the play of the Jets quarterbacks in the preseason.

hold on wait............

almost there............

:roll:

So that explains why you kept PMing me a few weeks ago asking for my opinion about the play of the Jets quarterbacks in the preseason.

When your heads right you can be an impartial observer. Trouble is that sometimes you make ridiculous statements which I think that you don't really mean. Such as the TJ post in this thread. Good grief TJ ran for 1100 yards last year and started the season with 100 yards today.Obviously he doesn't just "fall down when somebody slaps him in the back". You've been so negative this year. I thought once Chad was gone you'd be upbeat but alas it's not to be. Be glad we won. Enjoy it, lifes too short.

When your heads right you can be an impartial observer. Trouble is that sometimes you make ridiculous statements which I think that you don't really mean. Such as the TJ post in this thread. Good grief TJ ran for 1100 yards last year and started the season with 100 yards today.Obviously he doesn't just "fall down when somebody slaps him in the back". You've been so negative this year. I thought once Chad was gone you'd be upbeat but alas it's not to be. Be glad we won. Enjoy it, lifes too short.

If you were satisfied with that 1100 yards last year maybe you need a good solid dose of negativity.

If you were satisfied with that 1100 yards last year maybe you need a good solid dose of negativity.

Considering the O line we had after the Kendall fiasco, the fact we had a QB who couldn't throw it over 15 yards so the D's were stuffing the box against the run. Yeah I think TJ did a very good job. Satisfied? Not till we win our next Super Bowl.

At first I thought he did a good job, but considering the blocking he was getting, he actually did not do well. A good back, with the blocking we were able to get him, puts that game away in the regular season. We went conservative and almost lost this game, because we thought we had that type of back in TJ. We don't. He is mediocre at best, and we need to use him as such.

I'm in the camp that the best is still yet to come; I saw on one play where TJ missed the whole and ran right into his blocker for a postive 2-3, oppossed to clear day-light.

Still, getting 101 on 21 carries is close to 5 yds/carry. Compared to his 3.3 last year and we're looking very, very good.

His performance today had a lot less to do with Chad\Brett and a lot more to do with the guys in front of him.

He ran right very well. I was curious to see how well they would run right this year, today it looked good.

Looks like he carries the ball in his left hand when he runs right. Duh? Is he a left handed ball cradler all the time? Oh well. He has one move, the bounce outside, and no idea what hole to hit inside. It would be nice to see him run through a tackle just once.

I wasn't really impressed with him last season. But, I have to give him a little bit of a pass because our line sucked. I liked the way he ran on Sunday. He did a nice job. It was also nice to see him go and congratulate the entire line after a few of the long runs he had and the td. RB is really going to be a position we need to look at in the draft and or fa.

hold on wait............

almost there............

:roll:

is that yer constitutional smiley barton. It seems like you pushed it out yer a$$ ;) much like your previous post

Just wanna talk about his performance. Great job running the football. There was great blocking going on. Im happy to see him get 101 yrds and a td in the opening game. Hearing his post game comments makes me wonder how much he actually hated playing with Chad. Every other sentence was how you have to respect a guy who can throw it downfield and how that opens up the running game. discuss. :Typotux:

Imagine michael turner back there? wow!

Thomas Jones is the most underrated back (by the fans) the Jets have ever had. They had a dogsh*& O-Line last year and everyone wants to blame Jones that he only had 1,100 yards and a TD. He was the Offensive MVP for the Bears 2 years ago and tore it up in the playoffs. He has always been better the more carries he gets. Most good HB's are that way. Jones is an excellent HB and I am glad the Jets have him. It'll be nice to get Chatman back too and see Leon get a little more work as well. He is one of an arsenal that Favre must be licking his chops about working with this year ... TJ, Leon, Cotch, Coles, Stuckey, Franks, Baker, Keller, Smith ... Clowney - this team has more weapons than it may have first appeared. They need to play a hell of a lot better as a team and the Coaches need to keep the pressure on in all phases as opposed to that laid back approach in the 2nd Half yesterday but overall Jones and Co. gave a glimpse of what's to come in 2008-2009!

Thomas Jones is the most underrated back (by the fans) the Jets have ever had. They had a dogsh*& O-Line last year and everyone wants to blame Jones that he only had 1,100 yards and a TD. He was the Offensive MVP for the Bears 2 years ago and tore it up in the playoffs. He has always been better the more carries he gets. Most good HB's are that way. Jones is an excellent HB and I am glad the Jets have him. It'll be nice to get Chatman back too and see Leon get a little more work as well. He is one of an arsenal that Favre must be licking his chops about working with this year ... TJ, Leon, Cotch, Coles, Stuckey, Franks, Baker, Keller, Smith ... Clowney - this team has more weapons than it may have first appeared. They need to play a hell of a lot better as a team and the Coaches need to keep the pressure on in all phases as opposed to that laid back approach in the 2nd Half yesterday but overall Jones and Co. gave a glimpse of what's to come in 2008-2009!

If Jones gets better the more carries he gets, why would you be looking forward to Leon & Chatman getting more carries?

And statistically, before he got here, Jones was worse in games he had over 20 carries. I think someone posted it here last season that on carries 21+ he was about a full yard per carry worse.

He had a good game yesterday, but not great. We'll see over the course of the season if 101 yards is a good game or a mediocre game against Miami. Last year they gave up over 150 rushing yards per game & 4.5 ypc. Jones had 101 yds on 4.6 ypc. So it was a good game, but it's a far cry from a "great" game. And there's no way he's the most underrated RB the Jets have ever had. He was overrated when we got him in the first place.

If Jones gets better the more carries he gets, why would you be looking forward to Leon & Chatman getting more carries?

And statistically, before he got here, Jones was worse in games he had over 20 carries. I think someone posted it here last season that on carries 21+ he was about a full yard per carry worse.

He had a good game yesterday, but not great. We'll see over the course of the season if 101 yards is a good game or a mediocre game against Miami. Last year they gave up over 150 rushing yards per game & 4.5 ypc. Jones had 101 yds on 4.6 ypc. So it was a good game, but it's a far cry from a "great" game. And there's no way he's the most underrated RB the Jets have ever had. He was overrated when we got him in the first place.

Regardless of what stats you may have with the 21+ carries he gets better as the game goes on. Stats are just stats sometimes. Stats are great but they can also paint a false picture or cloud it at times. It is visually evident with TJ. I saw it many times when he was with Chicago and a little bit last year with the Jets. Give the guy a chance with the new OL that he has had for 1 game so far. The OL was horrendous last year.

Why would I not look forward to the compliment of Chatman and Leon? Would you rather have one HB or three the way the game is now? I'd rather have 3. It gives the D more to think about if they are all good and they are. TJ can still get 20 carries if Chatman and Leon are spelling him.

I also never said TJ had a great game yesterday. He was very good though. And he is underrated by Jets fans. All I ever hear is about how mediocore or bad he is. The guy is as solid a back they have had in many years with the exception of Curtis.

great post.

Regardless of what stats you may have with the 21+ carries he gets better as the game goes on. Stats are just stats sometimes. Stats are great but they can also paint a false picture or cloud it at times. It is visually evident with TJ. I saw it many times when he was with Chicago and a little bit last year with the Jets. Give the guy a chance with the new OL that he has had for 1 game so far. The OL was horrendous last year.

Why would I not look forward to the compliment of Chatman and Leon? Would you rather have one HB or three the way the game is now? I'd rather have 3. It gives the D more to think about if they are all good and they are. TJ can still get 20 carries if Chatman and Leon are spelling him.

I also never said TJ had a great game yesterday. He was very good though. And he is underrated by Jets fans. All I ever hear is about how mediocore or bad he is. The guy is as solid a back they have had in many years with the exception of Curtis.

Even when he was with Chicago and the Bears fans who post here tell the same story. Even with the 2006 Bears solid OL he had 5 games with 3.0 ypc or less. And a stat like that does tell the story. ONE game doesn't tell, but when you have so many like that then it does. To his credit he did have good games against suck-job run defenses like the Jets, the Bills, the 49ers, the Rams, and the 2nd Lions game to bring his yearly average to 4.1.

I find it difficult to believe that you were more familiar with his play with Chicago than Chicago fans were. Just like non-Jets fans throughout the league felt that Herm Edwards was a very good HC.

Archived