One Big Reason for Optimism vs. the Chargers

Green DNA

Fat Teddy Cotrell is their defensive coordinator. Fat Teddy is not exactly quick on the uptake or making adjustments (see Raiders 13 consecutive runs to start the game vs the Jets in the Edwards era). Without Merriman, their D is average, Jets will win this game.

Fat Teddy Cotrell is their defensive coordinator. Fat Teddy is not exactly quick on the uptake or making adjustments (see Raiders 13 consecutive runs to start the game vs the Jets in the Edwards era). Without Merriman, their D is average, Jets will win this game.

OK ! Their "D" is Avg. I seem to remember everyone telling us how easy we were going to have it against the Pats last weekend cause their Offense would only be Avg. without Brady & we all know how that worked out....

OK ! Their "D" is Avg. I seem to remember everyone telling us how easy we were going to have it against the Pats last weekend cause their Offense would only be Avg. without Brady & we all know how that worked out....

Both the Broncos and the Panthers put up big numbers against the Chargers D. Yes, they are average.

Cottrel being the their DC, Norv Turner being the HC, LT being injured, Gates being slowed with injury, Merriman out for the season, and last, and possibly most importantly, the refs having money against the Chargers, gives us very good shots.

The only problem is, we have Norv Turner for HC, we have Cottrel for DC, and we also have Hackett for OC.

Miami beats pats, raiders beat bills... if at least one of those can possibly happen the jets better be pumped more than ever in SD.

Are you F'n nuts

the cards wallopped the Phins and Penne got benched!!!

Even with a POS like Cassell the pats still win.

the raidahs are not beating bills, herm is not on Jills sidelines last i looked

Are you F'n nuts

the cards wallopped the Phins and Penne got benched!!!

Even with a POS like Cassell the pats still win.

the raidahs are not beating bills, herm is not on Jills sidelines last i looked

I thought so. I saw in the box score Henne got some playing time. The Chad experiment lasted roughly a game and a half. Where are all the Chad fans now? It'd be nice if at least one made a post apologizing for all the nonsense they've been posting.

Tomlinson is banged up, no Shawne Merriman and Cromartie is banged up as well. Darrelle Revis had his way with Randy Moss, why not with Chris Chambers? The Chargers do have a very good offense even with Sproles in for Tomlinson but our Defense should be able to limit them on the ground. Denver's Run D is poor and we also will get much more pressure.

There is no reason why the Jets cant go into San Diego and pull this one out. No reason at all. A loss to San Diego would be huge. Not only would it drop us to 1-2 but it would drop us to 1-2 in the Conference. Not good. If we're going to lose one of these next two games it would be better to lose to Arizona.

if he's allowed to coach a 3-4 man to man, he's a good coach

he sucked at hermies 4-3 cover 2

I hope Cromartie plays. DeAngelo Hall II is pretty easy to expose in coverage. Just ask Brandon Marshall.

Cromartie is much better than DeAngelo Hall. Marshall didn't go up against Cromartie all game and Cromartie also wasn't anywhere near 100%. That being said, I think Cotchery could have a nice day against a less than 100% Cromartie.

This is a little off-topic, but what kind of break-out do you think Pizza-face Mangini suffered after Sunday? What poor timing for the bastid. National TV - HDTV - big stress zits peppered all over his face.

And, he was nibbling on something all game. Sunflower seeds?

He looked like a Gerbil.

we have matched up well with SD in past

the timing is terrible though

LT is hurt so that helps!!!!!

we still have sutton and schott running show and that hurts!!!!!

EM grow a pair will ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we have. The numbers say they are good, they are 0-2, they are at home and they are desperate. But we have a defense and they don't seem to. And it is hard to get out coached by Norv Turner. Cross your fingers.

Archived