Schotty to leave if Rex is hired

jetsman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
now..would he sit out?

do the Jets let him out of his contract?

or if he is named Asst. Head Coach and offensive coordinator of a team does that sort of create a loophole for him to get another job?

No.

Unless the Jets let him out of his deal, his options are:

1) Sit out

2) Get a HC job

3) Get a college job.

All I want to know is what the hell happened to this guy after 2006?

I mean, that first year, he did an unbelievable job with this offense.

One good year as OC qualifies you as a HC candidate? I don't get it.

2006 we over achieved with a soft schedule.

2007 the schedule, injuries and loss of guys like Kendal exposed us..

2008 Brett Favre added west coast to his playbook.

WTF are you talking about?

Put the pieces together........

The only reason Tannenbaum wants to keep Schotty is so he would have a strong backer on his side should the Jets have another dissapointing season.

Cmon, who the else would be interested in having him be our HC aside from Tannenbaum? Nobody out there is even interviewing Schott right now......

Then you can throw in all this ridiculous BS about the Jets wanting to keep Schotty as their OC with Ryan as the new Head Coach.......who the F doesnt let his new HC pick his staff??? A GM on the hot seat, thats who. Tannenbaum only wants Schotty to stick around so Schott would be the fall guy after another poor season and not Tannenbaum himself.

The whole thing stinks.

The only reason Tannenbaum wants to keep Schotty is so he would have a strong backer on his side should the Jets have another dissapointing season.

Cmon, who the else would be interested in having him be our HC aside from Tannenbaum? Nobody out there is even interviewing Schott right now......

Then you can throw in all this ridiculous BS about the Jets wanting to keep Schotty as their OC with Ryan as the new Head Coach.......who the F doesnt let his new HC pick his staff??? A GM on the hot seat, thats who. Tannenbaum only wants Schotty to stick around so Schott would be the fall guy after another poor season and not Tannenbaum himself.

The whole thing stinks.

The fact that you're believing any of it is what stinks. In one week Schotty went from being our #1 lead candidate, to being at least retained when we hire someone else, to leaving all together and not staying if the new lead candidate gets the job.

NEWSFLASH: The media and reporters in town don't no SH*T but they are forced to right a new article every single day about the team and the search. Don't believe anything you read unless it has quotes from the person it is talking about. Period.

You have no clue who likes Schotty and who doesn't, you have no clue what if any discussions took place about him being head coach, or retained if not head coach, etc. You're believing hacks like Cimini and Glauber and forming your opinion based on their ZERO FACT CONTAINING, bullsh*t news articles.

The fact Schotty wasn't fired yet means absolutely nothing. Neither has Sutton or ANY of the assistants. To speculate on Cimini's speculations is silly.

All I want to know is what the hell happened to this guy after 2006?

I mean, that first year, he did an unbelievable job with this offense.

One good year as OC qualifies you as a HC candidate? I don't get it.

What is the Prob. ,we were avg. 30 + PPG for a good while this past Season why not keep him & Bring in Rex ,then we have a top Def. & a strong Off. & with Westoff our S.T. should be as good as usual.

What is the Prob. ,we were avg. 30 + PPG for a good while this past Season why not keep him & Bring in Rex ,then we have a top Def. & a strong Off. & with Westoff our S.T. should be as good as usual.

I agree. only Schott has to learn how not to call those 2 or 3 horrible drives we always have a game.

I have said all along, I want Schotty back.

Same here.

And if they weren't "afraid" of the fans reaction, he would've already been named our Head Coach. It worries me that they're scared to make a move due to the fans' reaction. Does this mean if Jetkid94 and his moronic buddies storm Florham Park with Ratliff blow up dolls we're going to have to go through an 0-16 campagin with Dan Orlovsky Jr.?

The whole thing stinks.

Was Tanny on the grassy knoll too?

I have said all along, I want Schotty back.

+1

My reasoning starts from the back:

-- It is in the best interest of the Jets franchise that either Ratliff or Ainge win the starting job on merit.

Clemens is in the last year of his contract and if he wins the job he could hold the team ransom which would have serious cap implications if he's a 1 hit wonder.

-- What's more conducive to the 2 young QBs having a leg up in winning the job? Working in the same system and playbook they've used the last season (for Ainge) and last 2 for Ratliff.

-- Thus, keeping Mini-Schott is to the benefit of Ratliff and Ainge.

If the Jets didn't have 2 young QBs on the roster, or they had an established veteran (Favre is gone), or were serious about drafting a 1st round QB (which they won't), then it would be a different story.

The Jets NEED Ratliff or Ainge to win the job outright. The best way for that to happen is with Mini-Schott being the OC.

Actually, Ozzie Newsome, one of the best GMs in the NFL didn't let Harbaugh pick his entire staff and insisted that he retain Rex Ryan as DC.

There is no correllation for what you claim.

Just heard on 1050 that Shottenheimer really wants out to go to Detroit if he gets passed up for the HC position. WTF is wrong with that guy?? I agree with the points being made for continuity. Give him this year along with Clemens and Ratliff, if nothing pans out then we're looking for a new QB anyways might as well get a new one with a new QB.

Just heard on 1050 that Shottenheimer really wants out to go to Detroit if he gets passed up for the HC position. WTF is wrong with that guy?? I agree with the points being made for continuity. Give him this year along with Clemens and Ratliff, if nothing pans out then we're looking for a new QB anyways might as well get a new one with a new QB.

1050 must have not heard, Detroit already signed Schwartz to be the new HC.

This story about Mini-Schott wanting out sounds like BS to me.

The fact that you're believing any of it is what stinks. In one week Schotty went from being our #1 lead candidate, to being at least retained when we hire someone else, to leaving all together and not staying if the new lead candidate gets the job.

NEWSFLASH: The media and reporters in town don't no SH*T but they are forced to right a new article every single day about the team and the search. Don't believe anything you read unless it has quotes from the person it is talking about. Period.

You have no clue who likes Schotty and who doesn't, you have no clue what if any discussions took place about him being head coach, or retained if not head coach, etc. You're believing hacks like Cimini and Glauber and forming your opinion based on their ZERO FACT CONTAINING, bullsh*t news articles.

The fact Schotty wasn't fired yet means absolutely nothing. Neither has Sutton or ANY of the assistants. To speculate on Cimini's speculations is silly.

Dude, its common sense that Tannenbaum is on the hot seat. And its also human nature that you want to protect yourself (or your job in this case), which is what he is doing.

Actually, Ozzie Newsome, one of the best GMs in the NFL didn't let Harbaugh pick his entire staff and insisted that he retain Rex Ryan as DC.

There is no correllation for what you claim.

Ozzie Newsome is a proven GM. Who the hell is Mike Tannenbaum? Ozzie would have a job anywhere in the NFL as a GM, would Tannenbaum? I dont think so. Tannenbaum is fighting for his career right now. He's going to do whats best for him, most likely.

Ozzie Newsome is a proven GM. Who the hell is Mike Tannenbaum? Ozzie would have a job anywhere in the NFL as a GM, would Tannenbaum? I dont think so. Tannenbaum is fighting for his career right now. He's going to do whats best for him, most likely.

That all might be true, but that doesn't alter the fact that you're wrong in claiming that there is a correllation between the Jets wanting to keep Schottenheimer with Tannenbaum allegedly being on the hot seat.

Other GMs have their new HC retain old coordinators, but now only Tannenbaum is at fault for doing it? That makes no sense.

Yes, I understand your criticism of Tannebaum and not debating that. I'm debating your baseless speculation concerning the reasons behind the Jets wanting to keep Schottheimer and claim that it's an extraordinary measure which it certainly is not.

That all might be true, but that doesn't alter the fact that you're wrong in claiming that there is a correllation between the Jets wanting to keep Schottenheimer with Tannenbaum allegedly being on the hot seat.

Other GMs have their new HC retain old coordinators, but now only Tannenbaum is at fault for doing it? That makes no sense.

Yes, I understand your criticism of Tannebaum and not debating that. I'm debating your baseless speculation concerning the reasons behind the Jets wanting to keep Schottheimer and claim that it's an extraordinary measure which it certainly is not.

Is it really baseless though...

Who else is interviewing Schotty to be their HC?

As long as I know Schotty won't be calling the plays next year I'll be happy.

It's not even that he's predictable, the playcalls are often just falt out ridiculous. The amount of drives he sabotaged last season through failure to not just commit to running the ball, but also to not even SHOW run as ****ing option!

He would do that. A series where we start of running the ball well, we get a first down only to see Favre operating out of the shotgun, with 5 WR's on first ****ing down! What does that accomplish? Especially when all we could do out of that formation was throw a quick pass under 10 yards. Next thing you know, a promising drive will fall to pieces.

Schotty handcuffed this offense last season, we could never establish and idendity because he is simply too naive to stick with what was working. It was pure stupitidy and I for one will be pissed if he has any place on this team next season let alone HC.

Smart offensive mind? Don't make me laugh!

Archived